[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I can't believe you Knick fans!
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
11/18/2003  5:13 PM
I'm a Knick fan. I have been since 1993. I cannot believe that a lot of Knick fans are very clueless. Let me explain. Last night, I wanted the Knicks to lose. Every game I want the Knicks to lose! Seeing the happy faces of the Knick fans in the Garden disgusts me. I also could imagine the smile on James Dolan and Scott Layden, the two most horrible managers/CEO's of basketball, or possibly all sports. The Knicks mentality is to win NOW. We need to rebuild this team!

I ASK YOU, FELLOW KNICK FANS,
To please boycott going to games. I have MORE SATISFACTION out of the Knicks losing then I do winning because I know, THE MORE LOSSES, THE HIGHER THE DRAFT PICK... And this means, the more athletic and young we can get.

What do all of you think? I think we need to keep losing games. It might sound weird, but losing is actually winning.
AUTOADVERT
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
11/18/2003  5:52 PM
I don't think that attidue will fly in New York.

Winning is the only way these people keep their jobs (or at least giving the perception that some effort towards winning is being exerted). I feel your pain, but you've been around here long enough to know the drill: No one in NY has the patience to rebuild. The only way we get better is through extremely savvy front office work (read: Not Layden) or though some stroke of luck (drafting Ewing). The climate of New York will permit nothing else. If you don't believe me, take a look at the Rangers. If you still don't believe me, take a look at the Mets.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/18/2003  5:53 PM
I have been a Knicks fan all my life, and I feel where you are coming from. You have to understand though, it's hard not to feel a little happy when they win, even though you know that losing this season can pay off in the long run. Don't worry, you seem to be on point as far as what needs to happen with this team (except for the KVH issue). No matter what folks say, or how much one win outta the last 5 games make the fickle ones smile, or how much Dolan and LayDown smile, reality will eventually SMACK the smiles the hell off all their silly faces.

Just say your piece and stick to ya guns about where u stand with it, cuz no one respects a fickle fan. Those who flip-flop get ripped up in here.

BTW if u want us to tank the season, I guess that's why u liked that KVH trade so much!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
11/18/2003  6:00 PM
To tell you the truth HardcoreKnicksFan, I want Keith Van Horn to do good, and he is playing good, but for the Knicks to lose. Plus, Keith Van Horn is on my Yahoo! Fantasy Sports League, but that's besides the point!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/18/2003  6:55 PM
Fantasy it's all good ,
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
11/18/2003  9:56 PM
I've been a huge Knick fan for over 10 years. I could never be happy over a knick loss. as a fan, I want my team to win. When the knicks went deep into the playoffs year after year, I used to watch all the games and i still do now. I watch my team no matter if they are good or bad. They cant be bad forever.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
subzero0
Member: #410
11/19/2003  12:56 AM
To tank a game is not the New York way.

If the rookies play and we lose, then we lose. But losing games on purpose is pathetic, shameful, and uncharacteristic of this city. The Caveliers may have the best pick, but i will NEVER have respect for them.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/19/2003 00:57:25]
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/19/2003  7:36 AM
Also, playing lotto doesn't mean you win. Look at the Bulls, the Clips, the Warriors, and so on. The Warriors have been out of the playoffs longer than any team, and they have one of the top picks year after year. Chicago is still trying to build a team with young, athletic talent, but it hasn't made them contenders, barely decent even.

The Lakers, the Pacers, the Kings, and Dallas, OTOH, have gotten better through smart personnel moves. The Spurs got Duncan through a fluke season where their star player was out and they stunk it up without him, but SA used GM smarts to build well around him.

I, too, would love for the Knicks to get a star draft pick, but not if we have to create a bad team just to get him. Even then, do you get a Lebron, or do you get Joe Smith?

No, throwing games is not the answer. Shedding bad contracts over the next few seasons, mixed with smart trades and draft picks, should be the answer, but not as long as Dolan values a short playoff run "now" over a championship "later".

No, as long as Dolan runs the show, this is how it is going to be done, so either root for the team to make the playoffs or don't watch anymore. You will never see a wholesale "rebuilding" in NYC, even if they lose.
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
11/19/2003  10:48 AM
Believe me, I will be watching my favorite team, the New York Knicks, but I won't root for them to get to the playoffs. Not for a good time, because we need to get young talent on this team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/19/2003  4:19 PM
Dopn't worry, LongIsland... Stick to ya guns, and watch the fickle ones change their tune later in the season as things get worse. You're new around here, so I just thought I'd tell ya how things are.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
vin
Member: #497
USA
11/19/2003  9:22 PM
ALRIGHT...

higher pick, i'll give you that one, but Layden can't pick his nose.

look at all the picks layden has made, and the playing time they get, and how good they are AFTER they leave NY, and how they are senseless picks...

i want to see a championship... your an idiotic knick fan.. you want to see your team lose... pathetic
“As long as James L. Dolan owns the car, Scott Layden maintains it and Don Chaney drives it, there will be no hope.” - Writer William C. Rhoden of the New York Times.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/19/2003  9:40 PM
Hopefully LayDown will be out by the time the draft gets here.

I would not call LongIsland pathetic cuz he wants us to lose. He wants us to get a franchise player via the draft. The more games we lose, the higher the pick.
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
11/19/2003  9:55 PM
Exactly. The Knicks will not make the playoffs nor beat anyone in the Finals with this team. The higher the losses, the higher the pick.
vin
Member: #497
USA
11/19/2003  10:39 PM
I can't stress the fact that our franchise office will not allow the option of a franchise player via draft. No matter what, as long as Dolan, Laydumb, and Chaney are our office; chance for a good player from the draft is impossible.
“As long as James L. Dolan owns the car, Scott Layden maintains it and Don Chaney drives it, there will be no hope.” - Writer William C. Rhoden of the New York Times.
I can't believe you Knick fans!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy