[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

how many minutes will McDyess play?
Author Thread
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
11/18/2003  11:50 AM
how many minutes will he play his first game back? How long do you think it will be till he starts?
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/18/2003  12:02 PM
IMO he'll play on Friday vs Detroit. After the Laker game, the feeling of desperation will return full blast. He'll play 10-15 minutes. If he doesn't re-injure himself, he'll start sometime in December.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TRU
Member: #196
USA
11/18/2003  12:17 PM
C'mon, Hardcore. Have a little faith... they might be able to pull out a win against LA. They did beat SAC and division leading Boston. What's really sad is that we are the only team in 11 tries to lose to Orlando.

No matter how bad it gets over here throughout the rest of the season, remember... it could always be worse. Orlando is so rediculously bad...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  12:30 PM
TRU, I am not gonna get all hyped over last night. Pierce had an off night. Am I supposed to think that because we won last night, all of a sudden this team, with all the problems clearly stated all over these boards, are World Beaters? Nah. I'll have faith IF we get to .500, which will be a goal we'll be chasing all damn year to no avail.

You mention Orlando, but didn't we have a record close to them before last night? So if they are SO "ridiculously bad", what the hell are we?? 2.5 games better in the standings? All of a sudden the fickle ones are no longer calling for Chaney's head. Doc Rivers got chopped last night. I guess all of a sudden Chaney is a coaching genius, and Layden is a basketball guru. Yeah, okay.

I am not a fickle fan, or a media member who flip-flops so obvious like some cats on these boards do. Unlike those types, I don't change my predictions or opinions on a game-to-game basis.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/18/2003 12:31:55]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
11/18/2003  1:57 PM
i dont think they will even need to be at .500 to make the playoffs. the 7th spot in the east will be at 500 probobly.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  2:24 PM
Don't forget that it's still early in the season. It may look like that now, but things may look much different as the sesaon wears on.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/18/2003  2:46 PM
Use that last comment for the knicks turn-around and then (as Verizon say's) I CAN HEAR YOU.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/18/2003  3:24 PM
TRU - you say we beat SAC and that should give this team some credibility...SAC didnt have CWebb and while they did show up to play, I gurantee they underestimated the cellar dwelling Knicks. Don't kid yourself, LA will beat NY - Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton are MUCH better then this squad.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/18/2003  3:26 PM
ive thought about it. i kind of figured an 85% mcdyess would be able to put up 15 points and 8 rebounds in 30 minutes[which i think would be his maximum output]. the problem is thomas who is also playing PF is averaging 12 points[45%] 12 rebounds 2 blocks and would be shooting 50% if it werent for the first two games.

there is a bit of a conundrum here. my guess is that mcdyess takes harrington's or spoons minutes as a back up for awile and they go from there. if there are people who think he is going 40 minutes next week you are crazy --he hasnt played big minutes his entire career--let alone after 3 major surgeries.

my guess is that he plays 20 or so minutes for awhile--meaning well into the season and perhaps just rising a bit after some bonafides are seen over time. i dont see mcdyess ever playing much more than 30 minutes again.

another problem is this---i would have to imagine that the knicks want to cut payroll--they do have upwards of 27mm and possibly harrington to charlotte?????- 15 % pay raises accross the board sans lampe mcdyess 13.5
thomas 5
ward 6.5
doleac 1.6
vranes 350,00

they are going to have to make some decisions with several guys

no matter what happens with mcdyess he is not going to be paid more than 5-6mm at a maximum thomas may think he might be able to get more and it is possible with the way he is playing a team like denver may be willing to pay him 3 years 20mm OR may be able to pay him a high 1 year deal for like 8mm

there is a bottom line with the knicks

some of these guys are going to have to go
ward is 1 and my guess is either mcdyess ot thomas is gone if doleac prices himself out of the knicks market i would also say bye-bye vranes is a goner imho. i think at best 1-2 of these guys stay with milos and a pick coming in. that is why i would do the crawford + robinson for harrington ward and a pick. we have milos coming over, crawford is 6-6 and only 23 and if we need a young sf talent like a first round pick--we can probably acquire rodney white for 1mm bucks.

again im not a guy who likes trading 1st round picks and i would almost NEVER trade any pick that is not restricted --see detroit last year for a good example- but in this case i think the talent coming back is young enough and talented enough to warrant it--the question is what does the dude what to be paid. i dont think he has earned more than a 3 year 15mm or so$ someone will give him that but that is also a pressing issue. we need to sign him to an extension if we trade for him. if you add milos and crawford, i think the pg position and the back up 2 is set for awhile.
RIP Crushalot😞
playa2

11/18/2003  3:30 PM
SO I guess they (LA)underestimated SanAntonio WITHOUT DUNCAN and starting point guard too huh and LOST.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  3:54 PM
Posted by playa2:

Use that last comment for the knicks turn-around and then (as Verizon say's) I CAN HEAR YOU.

I will apply that comment to the Knicks when we:

A) Start winning more games than we lose

B) Correct some of the problems regarding the roster NOW

C) See what McDyess bring to the table when he returns

D) See how the coaching situation develops

Can you hear me now? GOOD.
playa2

11/18/2003  3:58 PM
In other words "YOU HAVE NO FAITH ! HARDCORE It's time for you to go lose some weight like KT or play your natural position. WSS (weak side sofa).
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  3:58 PM
Yo Briggs, good post.

Being that Chicago would also like to trade Jalen Rose, would you consider trading for him? If so, who would you wanna part with to make the deal?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  4:04 PM
Posted by playa2:

In other words "YOU HAVE NO FAITH ! HARDCORE It's time for you to go lose some weight like KT or play your natural position. WSS (weak side sofa).

If all you came up with after reading my post was that I have no faith, then that shows just how limited your cognitive abilities really are. You go ahead and stay on ya knees and pray while the rest of the world sees reality for what it really is.

While you're down there, wipe Van Gundy's love juice off ya lips.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/18/2003  6:42 PM
i like jamal crawford a lot. he's proven to me that he is a big time player with with a confident attitude. the knicks havent had a pg in 15+ years and if there is an opportunity to get a 6-5 23 YO athletic one--i do it. if i have to take on eddie robinson, i do it because he fills a need of a back up to van horn. yeah he's paid well but half his contract is done.

if we bring in jamal this year and milos next year--i think it is a big time upgrade.

i think putting jamal crawford at PG this year takes a load of kvh and houston because you have a guy who can really score penetrate and pass well= he can rebound the ball to/

what will it cost us? i think right now is as cheap as its going to get and its a good time to get him. im willing to go ward harrington and a restricted #1 to 14 for crawford and robinson

i still say to bad we didnt take james lang as a project instead of vranes
RIP Crushalot😞
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
11/18/2003  6:45 PM
BRIGGS, Great to see you posting here! I've been reading the board at: NYKBasketball.com for a long time..Maybe over a year or so. Anyway, the names Scott and I'm from Long Island. Great to see you posting here also. For some reason, the webmaster won't send me a password and username. Oh well. Is Wes still running the site?
how many minutes will McDyess play?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy