[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

JALEN ROSE
Author Thread
Snowman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #458
Iceland
11/18/2003  10:35 AM
I would put this guy back at the PG if we can get him !!! ROSE & H2O in the back court would be the BEST IN THE NBA !!! Right there with PAYTON & KOBE !!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/18/2003  1:14 PM
The deal only works if the numbers match. Jalen's contract matches your boy Van Horn's. Still want Jalen??

I would do that move in a second. KVH and Othella for Jalen and Crawford. We get 2 ballhandlers out of the deal, and ease the glut at the 4 spot.

Most of all, we get a player @ the 3 with some FIRE. Jalen Rose has heart and Nuts- something we lack at that position since trading Spree.

To top it off, hopefully Dyess will come back and contribute...

Talking playoffs would finally be a realistic thing, and not the crack pipe dream it is now.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
11/18/2003  1:18 PM
lol knicks havent been in the playoff wit the heart n nuts for the past 3 yrs.
!!!Knicks!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  1:25 PM
Yeah, but that was because of problems with other things. We are better @ the 5, and tthat trade would help us at the PG spot too. Getting players that aren't as clumsy with the ball and that are better passers will cut down on turnovers. Better defense @ the 3 spot means less fouls (that are made trying to compensate for lack of D).

Add that to the Heart & Nuts factor and it's a no-brainer. Jalen and Crawford would be a great move that would IMPROVE the team.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
bernard
Member: #475
11/18/2003  2:09 PM
Is Chicago so down on Jalen Rose that they trade him and Crawford for KVH and Othella, who'd basically be a throw-in to make numbers work? If so, why? This doesn't seem credible unless there's something very wrong w/ Jalen.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/18/2003  2:26 PM
Posted by bernard:

Is Chicago so down on Jalen Rose that they trade him and Crawford for KVH and Othella, who'd basically be a throw-in to make numbers work? If so, why? This doesn't seem credible unless there's something very wrong w/ Jalen.

I don't think thats the deal if anything its probably KT, OH and Ward for Crawford and Rose. The reason behind it is that Bulls are looking to dump salary KT and Ward come off and OH is cheap and can be bought out. This way the Bulls make a run at Kobe or if T-Mac opts out then either of the two. The KNicks are very confident that Dice will make a full recovery from his knee injury and are willing to deal KT, Wards true value is his buyout and if they don't he has an ending contract OH is on the cheap so even if the Bulls don't buy out his contract he can still remain on the team. The KNicks create the all important roster spot for Sweetney who most likely will head to the IL if Dice is activated.

Who really know what is going down right now its all specualtion and it seems both NY and Chicago papers are on the same wavelength. My crystal ball is kind of wacked.
blueandorange
Member: #495
11/18/2003  3:56 PM
jalen rose is 30 years old. we got enuf old dudes on this team.
KVH IS FOOL'S GOLD
downdawgy
Member: #491
11/18/2003  4:03 PM
bloom is off the rose .chi exposed him for what he is a selfish one dimensional player.we need a team guy,a guy like frazier was.this team is not that far off.if you cant cut it in chi w/all that young talent and where you could of been the man how are you going to help us ?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  4:13 PM
OKAY so you'd rather have younger guys that cut the team's throats by turning over the ball cuz they have no handle or passing skills.

Yeah, great idea. We couldn't get to the #1 Pick of the 2004 draft any faster.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/18/2003 16:17:24]
blueandorange
Member: #495
11/18/2003  4:16 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

OKAY so you'd rather have younger guys that cut the team's throats by turning over the ball cuz they have no handle or passing skills.

Yeah, great idea. We couldn't get to the #1 Pink of the 2004 draft any faster.

knicks are loozin anyway. might as well let the young dudes play.
KVH IS FOOL'S GOLD
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  4:20 PM
I understand the logic there, but it is not easy to just let them play (especially the PFs) when we are faced with a glut of vet players in the same position getting alot more money.

We have players that we can't even move because the underachieve and are overpaid. Why? Goddamned Scott LayDown.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
11/18/2003  4:42 PM
I had previously suggested in another thread that the knicks trade Eisley, Harrington and Shandon A. for Rose and Crawford straight up. It works under the salary cap.

That way, A)you get rid of Eisley sick contract and ward stays until his salary runs out @ the end of the season. You eventually will have two young pgs for next season(Crawford and Frank W). B) I rather take Jalen's ballooned contract which runs til 2007, an offensive threat with ballhandling skills instead of Shandon A. who has no offense whatever, as a backup to Van Horn.

Rose can provide instant offense of the bench and will definitely jumpstart the 2nd unit off the bench
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
11/18/2003  4:55 PM
Posted by Snowman:

I would put this guy back at the PG if we can get him !!! ROSE & H2O in the back court would be the BEST IN THE NBA !!! Right there with PAYTON & KOBE !!!

I don't think so bro!!! They may be a lethal juggernaut on the offensive side even though Jalen possesses ball handling skills. He can't orchestrate an offense and he's not your typical floor general. One thing about Jalen is that he chucks too much so if Chaney decides to run a play, Jalen has the tenacity of disobeying the playbook and do his own thing.. He's better coming off the bench jumpstarting the 2nd unit since he shoots often and makes majority of his shots..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  4:59 PM
Do you really think the Bulls would take not one, but TWO of those garbage contracts for Rose and Crawford? If they did, then I'd take it and run. However, Scott LayDOwn would definitely no longer be known as the sole owner of the title of stupidest GM in the NBA.

IMO a deal like that is wishful thinking, but nothing more.
WOODMANnYk
USA
11/18/2003  8:39 PM

Do you really think the Bulls would take not one, but TWO of those garbage contracts for Rose and Crawford? If they did, then I'd take it and run. However, Scott LayDOwn would definitely no longer be known as the sole owner of the title of stupidest GM in the NBA.

When Management begins to realize that a couple of players from the team are considered a distraction and the coach feels there is no solution to the problem. Yeah, a deal like the one above is possible. As of now, Bulls management are firm believers that Jalen is a major probelm with his attitude and Jamal seemed to be follower of Jalen.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
11/18/2003  9:02 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

When Management begins to realize that a couple of players from the team are considered a distraction and the coach feels there is no solution to the problem. Yeah, a deal like the one above is possible. As of now, Bulls management are firm believers that Jalen is a major probelm with his attitude and Jamal seemed to be follower of Jalen.
SEE KEYSHAWN JOHNSON
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snowman
Iceland
11/19/2003  10:18 AM
The real trade was JALEN & CRAWFORD for WARD, HARRINGTON & SPOON !!! WARD can play out his contract ( still cap relief ) HARRINGTON is the hard working player every team needs & SPOON is a throw in just to the BULLS can move JALEN !!! BULLS get cap relief & cheaper players with shorter contracts & remove their headache !!!!! JALEN ROSE !!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
Snowman
Iceland
11/19/2003  10:20 AM
Starters are C=DEKE / PF=DYSE / SF=KVH / SG=H2O / PG=CRAWFORD then the bench is C=KT / PF=SWEETS / SF=ROSE / SG=ANDERSON / PG=WILLIAMS/EISLY
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/19/2003  10:36 AM
What is Jalen going to do for the knicks? His current team the bulls suck, Jalen is not propelling that team, why do we want him here? Just to add another big contract?

geez..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/19/2003  10:46 AM
Close, Snowman, but I don't think anyone is going to start Crawford at the PG. Remember, this guy was a college SG who Jerry Krause assumed could make the transition to PG in the NBA. Well, name me someone besides Arenas who successfully made that transition in the last ten years. Crawford is a disapPOINTment (har dee har) who makes a better swing guard than pure PG. Chaney would start Eisley (when are you guys going to get it through your heads that Chaney likes Eisley as the starter, despite his performance?!), with Crawford backing up Eisley OR Houston (depending on who comes out first).

Shandon would be demoted to last swingman (SG/SF) option.

Also, I'd be shocked if, once McD can start, Deke is still starting center (unless KT is punished for wanting out next year). If such a trade happened (though I'm doubtful it will), it would be like this:

PG => Eisley, Frank
SG => Houston, Crawford
SF => KVH, Rose, Anderson
PF => McD, Sweetney
C => KT, Deke/Doleac

But since many of these guys are swing players, you can move KT to PF, Rose to SG, Crawford to PG, etc.

I think Rose and Crawford suck, and I don't see why Chicago would create a PF glut of their own, but I would do the deal just to balance out our positions. Allan deserves to be able to rest without leaving Eisley or Shandon at SG.
JALEN ROSE

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy