[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Utter Bull
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/18/2003  7:28 AM
BULL MARKET: A Chicago newspaper reported that the Knicks and Bulls are discussing a trade that would send Jamal Crawford and Jalen Rose to the Knicks for Othella Harrington and Clarence Weatherspoon. Although the Knicks are not crazy about Rose, they would do that deal in a New York minute. A league source scoffed at the report. The Knicks have tried to acquire Crawford for the past two years.

Originally published on November 18, 2003

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/137857p-122553c.html

you've got to be joking... we give them harrington and spoon for jalen and jamal?

our squad would be this:

PG: Jamal/Ward/Frank Williams
SG: Houston/Eisley
SF: Rose/Van Horn/Anderson
PF: Kurt/Dyess/Sweetney
C: Deke/Doleac/Lampe/Vranes
AUTOADVERT
TRU
Member: #196
USA
11/18/2003  7:30 AM
Anything that gets rid of Weatherspoon is good by me. Sounds too good to be true.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/18/2003  8:40 AM
I bet the trade includes another Knick....Ward maybe to make the salaries match up. I don't think the Bulls are crazy about Jalen either and wouldn't mind dumping his salary.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/18/2003  8:53 AM

That plus a No. 1 pick would have to be included.

I don't think we would be in lotto land again.

Rose comes off the books in two years. Same as FatSpoon.

Its Dolans money.

Sweet or Lampe in the deal?

Im ok if Frank would be included too.

Are the bulls ready to turn the team over to Heinrich?

IF its CrawJael for Spoonington and a conditional no. 1, im ok.

IF Jail'n goes down, and Dice does not roll, then its lotto land again, and I don't want to see Bulls coming out of draft with big pick!

When do we reduce our cap? When do we draft and build?

We are only 2 game out of first place in pathetic division, I'd like to not mortgage the future, Lets find an inexpensive point guard, see what happens with dice, and I also believe this team can and will play better. Not trades until winter likely now. MOst teams don't trade thru the holidays as they need to evaluate needs.

THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/18/2003  9:07 AM
wow, I think you guys missed the point of the thread...unless I am missing something - that trade is rediculously one sided. Think about it, Crawford and Rose (who is a decent player regardless of attitude) for Spoon and Harrington????????? Even if you throw in Ward its still one sided. This is a made up scenario as usual.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
11/18/2003  9:48 AM
i think your underestimating Harrington game.He has been a spark off the bench that allowed the team to make come backs.A hard working player who can score on his own,who hustles for rebs n defence.With minutes he can be a double double type player.Weatherspoon on the other hand just need minutes.But them two wouldn't just bring in Crawford n Rose.There would have to be a 1st round pick in the mix.
!!!Knicks!!!
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/18/2003  10:33 AM
If this is true and thats a BIG if, i would put ROSE back at the PG spot !!! CRAWFORD can be the 6th man playing both guard positions. Now a back court of ROSE & H2O would be devistating !!!! Not to mention the biggest team in the league !!! C=DEKE (7'2) / PF=DYSE (6'9) / SF=KVH (6'10) / SG=H20 (6'6) / PG=ROSE (6'8) !!! not to mention a bench of C=DOLAMITE / PF=KT / SF=ANDERSON / SG=CRAWFORD / PG=WILLIAMS/EISLY and SWEETS, LAMPE & VRANES learning !!!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/18/2003  10:36 AM
That TRADE IS SO FULL OF IT, I can see the brown the Caseloads eyes.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/18/2003  1:03 PM
That trade would not work numberswise. Substitute Robinson for Rose and the numbers work (RealGM #1295707).

However, if we trade KVH and Othella for Jalen and Crawford, it works! (RealGM #1295711). I posted that in the Crawford thread a few days ago. Man, to make that deal work I'd throw in Vujanic and/or a first round pick. A move like that plus Dyess coming back would help turn this thing around.

Also, if we get Doc ot coach this squad, then with those changes it would put us back on the map for real. I would actually have to give LayDown props for once. Finally, it would look like realistic improvements are being made to the team.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/18/2003 13:05:18]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
NYK8
USA
11/18/2003  1:09 PM
nah the knicks would be small again at the s/f position.The team would be back in the hole they was in when Spree was in that position.
!!!Knicks!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  1:20 PM
OK so you'd rather us be in the hole (3-7 and counting) we're in now. Jalen Rose has skills, and is only 2 inches shorter than Van Horn.

... and he plays a DAMN lot harder than Van Horn, too. IMO we should've traded Spree for him instead anyway.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
NYK8
USA
11/18/2003  1:29 PM
i like jalen's(FAB5) game,i would prefer to see rose,houston,van horn run down the court wit the same jerseys.
!!!Knicks!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  1:33 PM
Yeah okay. So who do you trade for Jalen, that the Bulls would realistically want besides KVH? Don't forget the money has to match, and PLEASE don't reply like they are gonna take our garbage cats off our hands.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/18/2003  1:59 PM
I like the idea of Jalen on this team. Question is, can we get him here without losing too much? Vujonic should be expendable for the right combination of players or picks...the guy doesnt want to play here.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NYK8
USA
11/18/2003  1:59 PM
well they want Harrington,Weatherspoon is n i guess for contract reason,i think they should throw in Ward or Williams n a pick.
!!!Knicks!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/18/2003  2:07 PM
This trade is BS. Chicago is not that stupid. We have been trying to get crawford for a while, if chicago was willing to do this, even layden's incompetent ass could not screw this up, it would have been done already!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/18/2003  2:11 PM
Throw in a first rounder or Milos? Its not like getting free oil change or carpet mats when buying a car.

Chicago will want E-rob moved. I don't know the match, but they need to take FatSpoon for E-rob. At least if we have shoyt its at the SF.

E-Rob's game is crap.

I would rather eat this season, get a nice pick, let dice, KT,Ward expire off the books, and yes. open a slot for the next steve Nash, our invisible Milos.

Let Chaney or an interm assistant handle the rest of this year. Play the rookies as the season progress's. Then let Rivers take over and plan for next year. Crawford is an improvement NOW, but after 3 years he is not playing to his potential and we can certainly draft a player on our own whom can do the same thing and pay him much less than craw will command. We spell that E-i-S-l-e-y.

Trading picks for over valued players is the way things should NOT be done anymore. It is Checketts Grunfeld methoed of win now, cash in now, and mortage the future.

Over time, Craw will come cheeper, or Tinsley might be had. If Eisley can play up to last years effort, he becomes effective.

No, we are not a great team, but this team can play better, will play better and does not require a blockbuster trade. Have some imagination fellas, 10 games in the season does not constitute and absolute trend for rest of season. Dice might in fact come back by seaons end very strong. If so, then yes get a point by feb. trade deadline and lets make a run. But if now, lets not get others castoffs and bloat the payroll to epic proportions.
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  2:17 PM
So Nedyal, would you want Jalen Rose? If so, who would u trade for him?
Utter Bull

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy