[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

WE NEED DYESS BACK... NOW!!!!
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/15/2003  10:03 PM

If McDyess does not return soon, we'll be in too deep of a hole to do anything about the situation.

When do you fellas think he's gonna make his season debut? IMO it may be around the end of the month. He damn sure needs to come back sooner.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/15/2003  10:09 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

If McDyess does not return soon, we'll be in too deep of a hole to do anything about the situation.

When do you fellas think he's gonna make his season debut? IMO it may be around the end of the month. He damn sure needs to come back sooner.
MAN BE QUIET ABOUT DYESS YOU ALREADY DOOMED THIS TEAM FOR THE YR RIGHT. You are one funny dude. THE UNKOWN COMIC
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/15/2003  10:16 PM
Playa... DO YOU READ?!?!?

I have made my opinion known regarding how Dyess can possibly help the team TOO many times.

...and you didn't answer the question I started the thread about in the first place.

Oh, I forgot about your need for Hooked On Phonics. LOL
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

11/15/2003  10:21 PM
So while McDyess – pegged the savior of the Knicks by some – will struggle to return to form, Knicks fans should instead bank their hopes on Vujanic, who has been dominant in European leagues.

The Knicks nabbed Vujanic in the draft two years ago - the same draft that netted them McDyess and a draft pick, which later turned into Maciej Lampe. An unknown commodity at the time, Vujanic has drawn rave reviews from Vlade Divac, who has said Vujanic could be one of the top point guards in the NBA should he come to the NBA this season.

The rumor is, the 6-foot-3 guard is exactly what the Knicks have been lacking – creative, explosive, and has the ability to penetrate and dish. Has anyone ever used these adjectives for current Knick point guards Howard Eisley and Charlie Ward? Granted, either Ward or Eisley would make an excellent backup, but as starting players, they leave much to be desired.

Vujanic will be just the breathe of fresh air the Knicks need at 23. His ability to penetrate, break down defenses, score, and find open people will make Allan Houston and Keith Van Horn look like all-stars because a good point guard opens up shots for shooters.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/15/2003  10:26 PM
Hey... you forgot to include the source of that quote.

Plus, that excerpt mainly discusses Vujanic. When do YOU think Dyess is gonna make his comeback?
playa2

11/15/2003  10:50 PM
Knicks savior isn't McDyess
By: Wesley Cheng
Date: 11/15/03
When he finally joins the Knicks, he will be their savior.

He will open passing lanes for Allan Houston and Keith Van Horn, he will be a tenacious defender, and he will give the Knicks a scoring option they haven’t seen for many years – and best of all, he’s just about to turn 23.

No, the savior of the Knicks hasn’t hobbled around for the past two years on one good knee. He’s not the low post presence the Knicks have missed since Patrick Ewing’s 15-foot jumper sent groans across Madison Square Garden. He’s not Antonio McDyesss. His name is Milos Vujanic.

McDyess might actually be able to play a regular season game this year after missing all of last year with a knee injury. A pessimist would say McDyess won’t ever be healthy again. Every time McDyess falls to the floor this season, there will be a collective gasp among the Knicks brass. But even in the most optimistic of conditions, McDyess won’t return to the form that allowed him to become one of the NBA’s top power forwards immediately.

Case and point: Alonzo Morning. Morning, who missed extended time with medical complications, was signed by the Nets in the offseason. Jason Kidd predicted Mourning could return to his old form. Turns out, Kidd misfired.

Mourning’s been terrible to start the season, averaging just 7.6 points and 2.8 boards to start the season. He’s playing only 14 minutes a game, as he gets readjusted to competitive basketball.

McDyess will likely experience a similar drop in numbers because McDyess simply isn’t used to the pace and the brute physical aspect of competitive NBA play. After practice last week, McDyess told reporters that everything went so fast, and it would take time to adjust.

More than likely, it will take more than a season for McDyess, should he stay healthy, to have any shot of returning to productive form. But McDyess, whose game was based on his athletic ability more so than his fundamentals, may struggle now that part of his ability has been taken away by several knee surgeries.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/16/2003  1:28 AM
Playa for once we are in agreement, it will not be McDyess that saves this team. Vujonic sounds like the type of player you can build around, someone you can count on. While its still too early to say that and bank on him...I just have a good feeling. Dyess on the other hand, I get the sense this guy is McDone. Anything out of him is only a bonus.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
11/16/2003  7:47 AM

End of the month sounds pretty accurate.

I'd be surprised if we see him in action before December.

The important thing is not to rush him.
We suck.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
11/16/2003  7:39 PM
Even Though Dyess comes back, Knicks will still have probelms winning cause the stupid-ass coach doesn't know a thing about this team.

As for Vujanic, Give me a break. You people really believe this kid is gonna do something in the NBA. He's just another Zoran Planinic from the NJ NEts, soft and too much hype.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
DaNixFan
Member: #374
USA
11/16/2003  8:05 PM
It will be great to see Dyess play. We need him to do well which I'm sure he will. He won't be the McDyess of old but that's understandable. We just need him on the floor.

Build a team around Vujanic who hasn't made an impact of any kind, man we a desperate.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/17/2003  3:46 PM
Enough about the damned pie-in-the-sky dreams and wishes about that fool Milos. Dyess is here, and should be back on the court soon. It's not about anyone being a savior. This team needs help- NOW.

We might end up trading Milos' rights in a package for a PG (like Crawford) soon anyway. The sooner the better.

WOODMANnYk
USA
11/17/2003  4:54 PM
If we really want to save the season, FIRE Chaney. I betcha when McDyess comes back, it won't make a difference. The team will still catch L's as long as Chaney is head coach.

Watch, they'll be a game when the opposition is running a small lineup, and Chaney will have to answer why Mutombo and McDyess both were not on the floor during the majority of the 4th quarter.. He'll give us an Assbackward response like" Well, Mutombo can't defend quicker centers and as for McDyess, we are being very cautious with his knee and don't want anything serious to happen." By that time, Knicks will probably be 4-16...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  1:42 PM
OK... Dyess may be back on Friday, but we'll see. He's having his first 5-on-5 scrimmage today.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/18/2003  1:53 PM
It will be exciting o see Dyess in the lineup but I am nervous about his knee. I don't think I am alone in that sentiment either...lets keep our fingers crossed.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  2:26 PM
Yeah I hear ya. I was @ the Garden last year when Dyess broke his knee in that preseason game vs. Boston. I can't get hyped on him again till he shows that what happened then won't happen again.
WOODMANnYk
USA
11/18/2003  8:41 PM

Yeah I hear ya. I was @ the Garden last year when Dyess broke his knee in that preseason game vs. Boston. I can't get hyped on him again till he shows that what happened then won't happen again.

It was Phoenix bro, i was sitting right next to you, shellshocked when it happened..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/18/2003  10:50 PM
Oops! Yeah, it was Phoenix. My mistake. I guess I just blocked that night after such a traumatic event.
WE NEED DYESS BACK... NOW!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy