[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Indiana vs Knicks thread (11/15)
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/15/2003  9:55 PM
3 seconds left, Playa.... What happened to your optimistic attitude?

It ain't over till the buzzer.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/15/2003  9:56 PM
Well we lost, but this was definitely a winnable game. Damn...

I didn't think KT was gonna take that shot. Turnovers and Reggie did us in at the end.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/15/2003 22:00:09]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/15/2003  10:05 PM
LISTEN MAN THOMAS HAD THE REBOUND AND WARD TRY TO TAKE IT AWAY WITH 33 SEC LEFT. Thomas took the shot because he felt he lost that reb and turned into a "MENTAL MIGET" and took the last shot. GAME OVER!

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/15/2003 22:06:52]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/15/2003  10:20 PM
When they showed the replay, I didn't notice Ward trying to take the ball from KT.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/15/2003  10:24 PM
Yea that's what happen, MSG didn't show it again they just showed the mutumbo missed reb with the Oneal put back. Chollie Hustle did just that and Thomas lost the reb, remember clyde saying: "They SHOULD COMMUNICATE BETTER"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/15/2003  10:45 PM
has there ever been a team that has gone on a 24 point run that has lost the game? deke was a monster in that game-- if KVH played in any of these games the way he is paid the knicks would be 7-2----we lost a weird game indiana was effected by dikembe terribly KT has been playing very well and consistent,indiana got ccky with 15 point leads first time they had us on the ropes they threw in allthe scrubs against our 1st team second time artest tok a fallaway 3 with 20 sec on the shot clock which started that run.

if they arent going to makeany moves personellwise--they should shake things up and can chaney--perhaps an assitant coach can tinker something and laydumb can upgrade the backup 2G or get Crawford.
RIP Crushalot😞
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
11/15/2003  11:03 PM
Did anyone notice that was the same play they ran on opening night for the last shot? On that night, KT took a 3 and missed.

point?

Coaching is not up to par.

I give them credit for coming back. But the team has taken the personality of its coach. It may work hard but it will lose, because the coach is a loser.

Did you see the post game comments?

"I have to devise a way to use Houston as a decoy!""

No Sh!T DON

Once again, KVH fouls out and is not available for last 2 minutes. Either he disappears or fouls out.

ONeal pushed Deke on the last rebound. Too bad, Deke played VERY WELL.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/16/2003  1:12 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Did anyone notice that was the same play they ran on opening night for the last shot? On that night, KT took a 3 and missed.

point?

Coaching is not up to par.

I give them credit for coming back. But the team has taken the personality of its coach. It may work hard but it will lose, because the coach is a loser.

Did you see the post game comments?

"I have to devise a way to use Houston as a decoy!""

No Sh!T DON

Once again, KVH fouls out and is not available for last 2 minutes. Either he disappears or fouls out.

ONeal pushed Deke on the last rebound. Too bad, Deke played VERY WELL.

gony the sad thing is that is chaney's only play to get off a shot in the last second, he has run that same play in every last second attempt, everyone knows whats comming, why do you think it never works and Kt ends up with a 25 foot shot? chaney is a idiot and this mix of players and coaches is just not working, it sucks. Period, as I said since we are going to take our lumps anyway, play the young guys, Dice is not going to save this team on shaky knees, actually jordan of 1993 could not save this team, this team should not be together, it is a bad mix all the damn way around, that is why we end up with heartbreak loss, game after game, not matter how great we play, no matter how hard this team plays it will not win unless another teams just hands us the game with a set of instructions on how not to "F" it up. I have dropped all expectations from this team, I wish we could start the lottery tomorrow.. but again all layden would do is trade the pick for Grant hill!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/16/2003  9:53 AM
gony the sad thing is that is chaney's only play to get off a shot in the last second, he has run that same play in every last second attempt, everyone knows whats comming, why do you think it never works and Kt ends up with a 25 foot shot? chaney is a idiot and this mix of players and coaches is just not working, it sucks. Period, as I said since we are going to take our lumps anyway, play the young guys, Dice is not going to save this team on shaky knees, actually jordan of 1993 could not save this team, this team should not be together, it is a bad mix all the damn way around, that is why we end up with heartbreak loss, game after game, not matter how great we play, no matter how hard this team plays it will not win unless another teams just hands us the game with a set of instructions on how not to "F" it up. I have dropped all expectations from this team, I wish we could start the lottery tomorrow.. but again all layden would do is trade the pick for Grant hill!!!

We are on the same page, TKF. The mix is bad. I do think a real coach would have this team 4-4 though.

Play the kids, who cares if you lose 50 games or 53 games?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/16/2003  12:04 PM
We'll prolly only win 30-35 games whether we play the rooks or not.
DaNixFan
Member: #374
USA
11/16/2003  12:08 PM
With the game on the line and we need a rebound, KT can't hold on to it. Look, KT is a good player, however he should be coming of the bench. Look at our starting line up, the Knicks will not be a threat with him starting.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/16/2003  12:15 PM
Okay, so who should start at Power Forward if KT doesn't? Dyess has yet to come back.

...and will someone else at the 4 make us a threat? Really?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/16/2003  12:17 PM
I agree with you. KT should be coming off the bench or be traded. You won't win with him he isn't a winner. He has been in the lineup for two years now and they nothing but losing to show. He does things well but he isn't the type of player you can count on.
DaNixFan
USA
11/16/2003  12:25 PM
Fire Chaney is all I hear or read. Coach doesn't have much to work with.
Are the Knicks rebuilding? NO.
Are the Knicks trading to get better a la teams in the west? NO
Does GM have a clue? NO
Have the Knicks had a decent draft pick in the past 10 years? NO
I think we need to get rid of the top dogs and get a good basketball mind in there. These are the New York Knicks.
We have the Nets doing things better than us.
I'm dying over here....
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/16/2003  12:58 PM
That post was right on point, DaNixFan.

Chaney is NOT the only problem with this team, far from it.

Don't worry, if this keeps up the way it's going, LayDown and Chaney will be outta here.

It would be nice to have a functional basketball mind as GM.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/16/2003  1:01 PM
I hear you man. The Knicks are a joke. Huge payroll, mediocre players, rookies rotting on the vine....

No, Chaney is not the whole problem, but I think changing the coach is the most effective change the Knicks could make right now. As bad as the Knicks are, they should be winning some of these games.

Unless you buy the theory that the Knicks want to keep losing games to get a high draft pick. In that case, they're doing great.
Posted by DaNixFan:

Fire Chaney is all I hear or read. Coach doesn't have much to work with.
Are the Knicks rebuilding? NO.
Are the Knicks trading to get better a la teams in the west? NO
Does GM have a clue? NO
Have the Knicks had a decent draft pick in the past 10 years? NO
I think we need to get rid of the top dogs and get a good basketball mind in there. These are the New York Knicks.
We have the Nets doing things better than us.
I'm dying over here....
DaNixFan
USA
11/16/2003  1:34 PM
Whats coach do you have in mind to replace Chaney? Knickgeek
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
11/16/2003  3:21 PM
i dont know want u talkin about danixfan.Thomas is in top three in the league with double doubles.he's been plating his butt off since the start of the season.if in wasnt for his hard work in defence n rebs.the knicks would have been blown away in all there games.i do agree wit the firing of dolan,laydin,chaney but its goin to be a long rout before seeing dolan gone.
!!!Knicks!!!
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/16/2003  5:48 PM
Posted by DaNixFan:

Whats coach do you have in mind to replace Chaney? Knickgeek

I'm not sure who all might be avaialable -- MCfan23 posted a poll awhile back with these guys:

Doug Collins
Doc Rivers
George Karl
Lon Kruger
Mike Fratello
Tom Thibodeau

Of that group, I think I'd pick George Karl, or maybe Doug Collins. I've read that Colllins has some major flaws, but he has turned teams around and been to the playoffs several times. He has also coached Allan Houston before.

Here's an article on Doug Collins' downsides:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2057711/

[Edited by - knickgeek on 11/16/2003 17:49:44]
DaNixFan
USA
11/16/2003  5:57 PM
That's the point I'm trying to make. If you gonna base the Knicks success off of KT, we are in trouble.
He has some skills and is a great contributor, but in the final minutes of a came when it counts I would have him on the bench.
He reminds me some times of Xavier McDaniel for his toughness but most of the time of Charles Smith in crunch time.
Official Indiana vs Knicks thread (11/15)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy