[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Zoran Planinic
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
11/15/2003  4:38 PM
Did anybody notice that this kid, selected 22nd in the draft, played pretty well (admittedly against the pathetic Knicks). He played 15 minutes in the game - got 9 points, 2 steals, 2 assists and a rebound.

Sweetney, select 9th, got 6 minutes - 0 points, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers....

Frank Williams, in his second year, got 9 minutes, 0 points 1 turnover and 0 assists.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/15/2003  4:48 PM
Its about letting them play. Zoran got to do whatever he wanted out there. NYK players are bound by their system and actually it is hurting the youth development. The system sucks and if you noticed everone especially the rooks look lost out there why? because they don't have the green light to play their game. It has to be the system and not their game. The only way these rookies of the KNicks are going to produce is if they just let them play. Right now they are all under strict order not F-up and if they F-up then they can kiss their career bye bye or it won't take off. There is a reason why NYK doesn't produce rookies that are good its because they don't know how to get them to perform at the higher level.

[Edited by - Vmart on 11/15/2003 16:50:47]
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
11/15/2003  5:47 PM
Vmart i think you are right! Its not the system that counts its about playing systems that your players can adapt to best!!! So you have to run systems that enforce your players strenght best!!! I think Chaney is a bad coach in many ways! The players are NOT played in their best possible way!!! And that sucks!!!!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/15/2003  6:53 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Its about letting them play. Zoran got to do whatever he wanted out there. NYK players are bound by their system and actually it is hurting the youth development. The system sucks and if you noticed everone especially the rooks look lost out there why? because they don't have the green light to play their game. It has to be the system and not their game. The only way these rookies of the KNicks are going to produce is if they just let them play. Right now they are all under strict order not F-up and if they F-up then they can kiss their career bye bye or it won't take off. There is a reason why NYK doesn't produce rookies that are good its because they don't know how to get them to perform at the higher level.

[Edited by - Vmart on 11/15/2003 16:50:47]

Vmart , are you saying this is the same system that vandummy played when he was in NY that also limited rookies? If so this is a system that is institutionalized and anybody that breathed under Vandunce has to go. Yea if this is true Chaney needs to get ta stepping.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/15/2003  7:47 PM
Yeah i do think they are running somewhat of a same system as when JVG was around. Its not that JVG was a bad coach he was excellent but the problem with JVG is that he trusted no rookies in his system. Chaney is very similar in that regard I don't think he has enough trust on his rookies and that doesn't necessarily come with time but it comes with allowing the rooks to play, and he has to be man enough to accept their mistakes if he doesn't than the rooks will be left out to dry. The trust has to start now or it will be the same next year and the next, the rooks will still technically be rookies. Like I said trust starts with PT.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/16/2003  9:26 PM
I got curious about how some of the other rookies are doing around the league.

Jarvis Hayes, picked 10th by Washington, is averaging 14 points a game with 5 rebounds, 1.4 assits and 2 turnovers per game. His field goal percentage is .472. He plays an average of 38 minutes.

Sweetney, picked 9th by the Knicks, is averaging .4 points per game (his high was 2 against Cleveland) with .8 rebounds, 0 assists and .6 turnovers per game. His field goal percentage is .2. He averages 4.4 minutes per game.

Frank Williams, in his second year with the Knicks, is averaging .9 points a game with .8 rebounds, 1.2 assists and .44 turnovers. His field goal percentage is .211. he averages 8 minutes a game.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
11/16/2003  10:16 PM
Vmart, somewhat has a point! You can't blame Sweetney for not producing when he's on the court. To me , it's sad seeing your #9 pick, Mike Sweetney rotted all the way @ the end of the bench.

Sweetney can't even crack the rotation because of garbage players like Harrington and Spoon getting the nods off the bench. Knicks should be giving Sweetney major minutes off the bench and forget about those two idiots(Spoon/Harrington). If they continue to run this pathetic system, they'll ruin Sweetney's growth as a player.

You look at the first 8 players taken before Sweetney in the 2003 draft, they all getting sufficient playing time with their respective clubs. 5 of the 8 are starting ...

(James, Anthony, Hinrich, Wade and TJ Ford). As for Bosh,Darko and Kaman, they're getting significant playing time.

Even the 10th pick, Jarvis Hayes is getting playing. He's even starting for Washington but Sweetney is held all the way @ the end of the bench. Don Chaney is stupid and needs to go!!!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
11/16/2003  10:25 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

You look at the first 8 players taken before Sweetney in the 2003 draft, they all getting sufficient playing time with their respective clubs. 5 of the 8 are starting ...

(James, Anthony, Hinrich, Wade and TJ Ford). As for Bosh,Darko and Kaman, they're getting significant playing time.
I AGREE WITH ALL THAT BUT REMEBER DARKO IS NOT GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME, HE PLAYS FOR A STUBBORN COACH,BUT A DAMM GOOD ONE
FIRE CHEANEY HIRE RIVERS
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/17/2003  12:14 AM
Posted by Starks3:
Posted by knicksbb10:

I AGREE WITH ALL THAT BUT REMEBER DARKO IS NOT GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME, HE PLAYS FOR A STUBBORN COACH,BUT A DAMM GOOD ONE
FIRE CHEANEY HIRE RIVERS
pon di river, pon di bank
Armondaone
Member: #379
11/17/2003  2:20 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Starks3:
Posted by knicksbb10:

FIRE CHEANEY HIRE RIVERS
pon di river, pon di bank

lol
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/17/2003  7:46 AM
Posted by knickgeek:

I got curious about how some of the other rookies are doing around the league.

Jarvis Hayes, picked 10th by Washington, is averaging 14 points a game with 5 rebounds, 1.4 assits and 2 turnovers per game. His field goal percentage is .472. He plays an average of 38 minutes.

Sweetney, picked 9th by the Knicks, is averaging .4 points per game (his high was 2 against Cleveland) with .8 rebounds, 0 assists and .6 turnovers per game. His field goal percentage is .2. He averages 4.4 minutes per game.

Frank Williams, in his second year with the Knicks, is averaging .9 points a game with .8 rebounds, 1.2 assists and .44 turnovers. His field goal percentage is .211. he averages 8 minutes a game.

Sorry knickgeek, Jarvis Hayes wouldn't be getting that run in Washington if Stackhouse wasn't injure.2 Hinnrich wouldn't be getting run if Jay Williams wasn't hurt.3 TJ Ford wouldn't be getting run with Cassel OR Payton around.4 Wade got run because Caron Butler was hurt early in training camp or he wouldn't be starting, Odom would be running the point. Bosh is showing Raptors he can play a balance game, being they have no front court balance (scorer and rebounder in one player). Darko isn't getting run , looks who's in front of him. Ben Wallace, Omet Okur who's stats are good.. Sweetney is not playing only because of high paid glut of forwards ahead of him. The same goes for F.Williams. Let those other Rookies have stars or high priced guys ahead of them at their positions and they wouldn't get run either. NUFF SAID!

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/17/2003 07:53:21]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Zoran Planinic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy