[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we can get Jamal crawford,i would be willing to give up a *restricted* pick
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/15/2003  10:07 AM
we haven't been able to draft for shat. To get a young player like Crawford is a better way to go.Im not willing to go more than a lottery protected pick, but I would throw in Houstons 2 + the restricted 1. Go out and get Stromile Swift and Jamal Crawford and add that to our mix. Get rid of Thomas Ward[yeah they our are better players but we are a 30 win team so we must TRADE an asset to get one back] Id rather go for two young athletic players who have shown they can play. We need athletiscm, we need balance.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
11/15/2003  1:58 PM
The PG position is a chess match. Knicks would love to get Crawford and have Ward as his backup. But if the KNicks give up the pick (which they should if it top 3 protected) they would probably drop Ward because that would make 4 PG's. Knicks would love to move Eisley for anything before this trade happens so Ward can stay on. Ward is a lockeroom leader and is a fine PG if given the minutes.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/15/2003  4:53 PM
I'd be willing to go lottery restricted, but that's as far as I would go. I'm not wiling to give up a 1st round pick if we don't make the playoffs. And if we make it, obviously it was well spent.

Im willing to give Chicago a very good deal for him and here is why

Number 1 Chicago plays a system that is not conducive to PGs-which is why you saw J Williams struggle at times as well. these guys are SHOOT first PGs and the Chicago system caters to pass first.

Number 2 and the biggest factor Jamal Crawford is a 6-6 200 pound athletic PG with great athletiscm and talent who is 23 yeasr old. he has alreay put up over 30 points multiple time as well as having high assist totals multiple times.

We have to see his talent and how it would mesh here. Not how we perceive it in Chicago.

This is the deal I would give them.

Jamal Crawford and Eddie Robinson for Charlie Ward Harrington a 2004 LOTTERY protected pick and the rights to Vujonic. AND Crawford would have to accept an extension for 3 years and 20mm--the same $ that Jason Terry received. If Im right,and I think I am,we wont need Vujonic because Crawford is a superior player. If we make the playoffs,the first round pick was well-worth the cost because we know Crawford wouldve been a huge cog in that happening.

That leaves us with two cores--a NOW core and a FUTURe core that includes Sweetney Lampe and Crawford.

AND if I could do it, I would trade KT for Stromile Swift straight up.

That would leave me at

Deke 7-2 Doleac Swift
Swift 6-9 Mcdyess Sweetney
KVH 6-10 Robinson 6-9
H2O 6-6 Andersen 6-6 Crawford
Crawford 6-6 Eisley 6-2

what it does is athletically UPGRADE both the front and back courts and balances the ages of the players much better. You add Swift Robinson and Crawford and those are three tall athletic skill players who would help us a great deal and upgrade our zone.
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/15/2003  5:01 PM
Thats a very good deal Briggs. This deal makes the kNIcks athletic and at the sametime it allows the KNicks to make a run to the playoffs.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/15/2003  7:01 PM
Only those who dream about with Milos will think we shouldn't dump him for that proposal.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
11/16/2003  11:29 PM
Insidehoops.com has rumor out of Chicago that Bulls would let Crawford go if a team takes Jalen Rose or Eddie Robinson with him;

Nothing seemed excited in this sad start for the Knicks. I don't think Scott Lay-almostdone. got the balls to pull such a move. If possible, this fool should reverse the 2 out of the 3 guys he picked up that killed our team. That would be Eisley & Anderson.

Unfortunately, we can't include Weatherspoon due to salary cap reasons but Harrington would have to be included in order to pull this through for cap purposes..

I dont know if G.M. Paxson from the Bulls would pull the trigger but since he's really looking to unload Rose & Robinson, then you never know..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/17/2003  1:49 AM
I would trade for Jalen Rose in a heartbeat. If what you say about them wanting to move Crawford & Rose is the case, I'd give them Othella and KVH for them. Straight up. If they wouldn't bite right away, I'd throw in the rights to Vujanic and a draft pick (no need to lottery protect it ). The numbers work too- RealGM trade #1293982.

It would be ON AND POPPIN if that goes down! OOOH YEAH!!!

If they'd rather move Robinson instead of Rose for the players we have to offer, I'd take him and Crawford for Othella and Charlie Ward. Those numbers work too (RealGM #1293986).

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/17/2003  8:21 AM
I AGREE HARDCORE! Either deal is good. Rose can play PG or SF. He can at least score at will some times. He is a malcontent so don't expect him in Dolan's Happy Place anytime soon.

Layden give up the #1 if you think Crawford will make such a difference. What do you have to lose? Give them Ward and Fwill and Othella. Try and get Eddie Rob back, so you can stop playing Anderson! He Stinks.

Crawford can be the starting PG and backup SG.
If we can get Jamal crawford,i would be willing to give up a *restricted* pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy