[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where are they now? Lavor Postell
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
11/11/2003  11:03 AM
All this talk about Rookies and playing time got me to thinking. Whatever happened to Lavor Postell? (I'll admit that I was one of the people that thought he should get more playing time.)

Sep 26, 2003 - Signs with the Utah Jazz.
Oct 13, 2003 - Waived by the Jazz. He's now playing for the NBDL Asheville Altititude - http://www.nba.com/nbdl/asheville/

At least now Lavor will get the playing time we thought he should have on the Knicks.

So - do the Knicks not play the rookies enough, or do they just make bad picks?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/11/2003  12:23 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

All this talk about Rookies and playing time got me to thinking. Whatever happened to Lavor Postell? (I'll admit that I was one of the people that thought he should get more playing time.)

Sep 26, 2003 - Signs with the Utah Jazz.
Oct 13, 2003 - Waived by the Jazz. He's now playing for the NBDL Asheville Altititude - http://www.nba.com/nbdl/asheville/

At least now Lavor will get the playing time we thought he should have on the Knicks.

So - do the Knicks not play the rookies enough, or do they just make bad picks?
Both... or neither. It's not that the rookies aren't played or picked well, they aren't developed well, period. Postell is a solid SG who just doesn't like to play D.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/11/2003  12:40 PM
The Knicks just don't raise players. Wanna see what a player that the Knicks raise looks like? Look at Charlie Ward. We have waived or traded the majority of players we draft since LayDown has been here. Usually we move them and bring in underachievers or softees... or hurt or old players (usually a combination of 2 or more of those). Some we give bloated contracts to players who have no business getting that kind of money in the first damn place. Then we're stuck with them cuz the players' skills don't measure up to the contracts.

One of the biggest payrolls in the NBA and we are about to go to the damn lottery AGAIN. LayDown has had enough of a friggin' "chance" to clean this mess HE MADE up.

Now Chaney is losin' his cool... Barely 2 weeks in and we are melting down already.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Where are they now? Lavor Postell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy