[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Quotes of the night
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/11/2003  8:11 AM
I never played in an NBA game where guys got so many open shots," Van Horn said. "We have to have more pride than that. It's nothing to do with X's and O's or anything the coaches say. We have to go out and guard guys."

We played like we just didn't want to be there," said Houston, who missed his first six shots. "It's inexcusable. You never come out and just go through the motions and that's what we did. We weren't ready to play. We know how sorry we looked. There was just no pride."

"We played scared," Chaney said. "We respected their athleticism and speed. We didn't get into guarding guys. We played afraid to get in guys' faces. We were afraid of their quickness and we can't play that way.

KURT da COMIC quotes:"That's the coach's opinion," Kurt Thomas said. "I fear no man." ROFLMAO SPILLING MY COFFEE

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2003  8:41 AM
From Vescey in the Post today

" If Frank Williams is so inept he can't get more than some silly seconds against Jason Hart and Shane Heal, and Michael Sweetney can't get a meaningful, I assume that says it all about Layden's ability as a talent scout. "

LOL
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2003  8:55 AM
Cutino Mobley on guarding Tracy McGrady

"I had a lot of help from the team (guarding McGrady)," Mobley said. "Jeff's (Houston coach Jeff Van Gundy) philosophy (of team defense) helped me out a lot. I definitely enjoy the challenge. I want to prove to people I can play. Jeff gives me the opportunity to showcase what I can do. He has high expectations of me, offensively and defensively."

Sounds like a lot of trouble there huh, Playa?
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/11/2003  9:03 AM
CRICKETS PLAYA CRICKETS !!!!! ROFL.....LOL....
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/11/2003  9:08 AM
Posted by playa2:

We played like we just didn't want to be there," said Houston, who missed his first six shots. "It's inexcusable. You never come out and just go through the motions and that's what we did. We weren't ready to play. We know how sorry we looked. There was just no pride."

"We played scared," Chaney said. "We respected their athleticism and speed. We didn't get into guarding guys. We played afraid to get in guys' faces. We were afraid of their quickness and we can't play that way.

KURT da COMIC quotes:"That's the coach's opinion," Kurt Thomas said. "I fear no man." ROFLMAO SPILLING MY COFFEE

See Playa, from these quotes it shows the players are not on the same page as the coach. Chaney has no leadership...the players dont respect him and he has no clue whats going on. They were not playing scared, they were playing like they didnt care/didnt want to be there - thats a lot different then being "scared." Way to go Chaney, shows how much you really SUCK.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/11/2003  1:20 PM
Here's another one...

"I don't even realize what I shot," Houston said. "When you lose the game the way we did, you don't pay any attention to that."

-Allan Houston
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/11/2003  1:56 PM
WHEN TEAMS WIN THEY EVEN GO OUT TO DINNER WITH EACH OTHER no complaints, BUT WHEN THEY LOSE , those same players WON'T EVEN HOLD THE DOOR FOR EACH OTHER WALKING OUT THE LOCKER ROOM.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Quotes of the night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy