[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Problem with Knicks
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/10/2003  10:10 PM
Simple: No young athletic guys, period.

Frank Williams, Sweetney, Lampe, Vranes are young, but not athletic.

Look at teams like the Bucks and Jazz. Young, athletic teams that are well coached. That is the combo that gets wins in this league. Even the Sonics, Grizz and the Warriors are going strong this season.

I think Frank Williams has been mismanaged and miscoached.

The only really athletic guy we have is Anderson, but he has no jumper.

We could sure use a Ricky Davis...
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/10/2003  10:14 PM
The problem is not that the knicks young guys are not athletic but the young guys don't get any playing time...

period!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/10/2003  10:25 PM
Caseloads HAS A POINT THERE! NY has never wanted athletic players for some reason. I still believe it goes back to Patrick Ewing Era, the guy brainwashed management into half court everything and his flunky Vandummy played to play defense only with non-athletic players until spree and Camby came on board thanks to Grunfeld. The Knicks have never pursued athletic players everysince Ewing got older outside of the players named above,he always wanted a half court game so he would be focal point of offense thanks to VANSUCK UP. Nelson saw that flaw called Ewing out for it and EWING got him fired and VANSNAKE CREPT IN AND CONTINUED THAT MESS Knowing we should have picked up our pace with an aging Patrick Ewing.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
11/11/2003  12:48 AM
playa that theory sounds stupid, the knicks traded a non atheletic player in Oakley for camby and also acquired the athletic spree.... What are you talking about?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/11/2003  7:07 AM
You talk stupid, I mentioned above besides spree and camby . Grunfeld tried to get us athletic but Gundy had to keep Ewing happy for getting him the head coaching job. Now he hires Pat as coach. Some of y'all are blind to vansnake.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
11/11/2003  9:33 AM
Posted by playa2:

You talk stupid, I mentioned above besides spree and camby . Grunfeld tried to get us athletic but Gundy had to keep Ewing happy for getting him the head coaching job. Now he hires Pat as coach. Some of y'all are blind to vansnake.

playa if anything gundy tried to keep gundy happy, JVG likes the half court game, if he could have athletic players that could play that way then I am sure he would welcome it. Stop with the conspiracy theories...
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/11/2003  10:39 AM
But aren't there things a coach can do when he has an unathletic team? We need a Jerry Sloan type coach.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/11/2003  12:26 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

But aren't there things a coach can do when he has an unathletic team? We need a Jerry Sloan type coach.
there is only one jerry sloan. and his team this year IS athletic.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/11/2003  12:29 PM
If there is gonna be a trade, it had better happen fast. Laydown doesn't fear for his job, so it may not even happen at all.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Problem with Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy