[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Friggin' Frank Williams
Author Thread
purple012870
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #432
11/10/2003  9:23 PM
I like college b-ball, but never saw this guy. I was a high school point guard, so not that it's anything to brag about but I enjoy watching, judging guys that play the position. I was psyched when we drafted him, if only for the fact that we might have a playmaking young PG who could score. The most common comparison I read was Terry Porter.

Here's my take:

The good: Good strong hands on D, good vision, delivers a nice catchable pass.

The bad/the big picture: He's GARBAGE!!! He's the only point guard I've seen who is a worse finisher than Charlie Ward. He is a lethargic...incredibly unathletic guy who better enjoy his time in the league. I haven't seen one posession where he pushes the ball. Not sure I've seen him sprint or jump yet. What a waste of a pick!!

You want to say I'm premature...fine. I don't think so.
AUTOADVERT
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/10/2003  9:37 PM
I'm not quite ready to give up on Frank yet -- he hasn't had a lot of playing time. Sometimes I think these rookies would be better off on a rebuilding team where they get real minutes.

But in terms of coming in and making an immediate impact - I agree that Frank aint getting it done.
purple012870
Member: #432
11/10/2003  10:09 PM
He just doesn't seem to have NBA level quicks or hops. Not even close. Like Mark Jackson without the court presence or NY savvy.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/10/2003  11:02 PM
I think this style the knicks play doesn't bring out Franks strong points. He needs to get a chance to play with strong finishers on the break so that he can do what he did in college.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/11/2003  1:41 AM
it's the coaching i think
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/11/2003  7:12 AM
Chaney wants this team to run , but who will Frank run with? Anderson? LOL
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2003  10:23 AM
Exactly Playa he had one good play in the cleveland game where he attacked the hole and did a finger roll. I think that is something that Chaney wants him to do be aggressive but I think right now he get so little time on the court he is to much about the system and not instinctive. Hell Eisley has been on the Knicks for two years now and he still looks hesitant out there. I want one game for Frank Williams where the coach completely take the reighns off and lets him go. NO Ward No Eisley just run him into the ground for a game that is the only way to get him to play instinctively. Half the time he is looking to the side lines waiting for Chaney to call a play or something of that nature. Sweetney had minutes he didn't have to hesitate on the last jumper just put it up instead he looked over to the bench and then shot the ball. You think the Knicks keep their rooks stupid well they do.

What the Knicks need to do they need to cut a deal with the Bulls and get some athletic player out of the deal. Send Ward, KT and Williams over for Crawford, ERobb and Fizer. Why the Bulls do this deal they get a veteran PG in Ward and a back up in Frank Williams. KT is a solid vet but he just isn't going to be back so get value while the Knicks can. Crawford wants out and he is athletic, Erobb is a contract they can dump on the KNicks and Fizer similar to KT but once again a salary that the Knicks can take. Bulls can let KT walk and Ward Salary dump, keep Williams as Hinrich's back up. The important thing here is the salary dumping of KT and Ward.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/11/2003  11:50 PM
Posted by purple012870:

I haven't seen one posession where he pushes the ball. Not sure I've seen him sprint or jump yet. What a waste of a pick!!

You want to say I'm premature...fine. I don't think so.

I was saying that to myself the other day. Knicks need a scorer at the point spot. I hope we can get Crawford some how.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Friggin' Frank Williams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy