Starks on the Knicks
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2003  1:45 PM
From this article Starks says:

"... the Knicks need another shooter than a backup two-guard. You have to bring somebody off the bench that's going to be consistent in knocking down shots. Also, you have to have somebody who's going to command double-teams for guys like Howard Eisley, who used to be a spot-up shooter when he was with Utah. He shot the ball very well in that system. I'm not sure who can fulfill that role right now, but if someone can step up to the plate who can demand double-teams, then you can see guys like Eisley and Shandon Anderson doing their jobs much better."

You know, Starks is right on with that comment. If the Knicks had someone who was double teamed in the post consistently, I bet that would hide some of the faults of Eisley and Anderson. I don't think Anderson would become a good outside shooter, but he would be able to drive to the basket with a little more freedom.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
11/8/2003  6:44 PM
McDyess? maybe? If he comes back close to his previous ability?
Posted by martin:

From this article Starks says:

"... the Knicks need another shooter than a backup two-guard. You have to bring somebody off the bench that's going to be consistent in knocking down shots. Also, you have to have somebody who's going to command double-teams for guys like Howard Eisley, who used to be a spot-up shooter when he was with Utah. He shot the ball very well in that system. I'm not sure who can fulfill that role right now, but if someone can step up to the plate who can demand double-teams, then you can see guys like Eisley and Shandon Anderson doing their jobs much better."

You know, Starks is right on with that comment. If the Knicks had someone who was double teamed in the post consistently, I bet that would hide some of the faults of Eisley and Anderson. I don't think Anderson would become a good outside shooter, but he would be able to drive to the basket with a little more freedom.

[Edited by - knickgeek on 11/08/2003 18:45:03]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/8/2003  7:49 PM
This is why Layden's plan was good from the beginning(dyess-kvh), injuries has just delayed the the initial plan.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/8/2003  9:30 PM
McDyess may be back before the holidays or before New Year's...

Hopefully he stays back this time.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
jhferry
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #447
11/9/2003  1:27 AM
It will be long over by xmas or New Years...
Starks on the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy