Official Bucks vs Knicks thread (11/8)
Author Thread
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
11/8/2003  10:36 PM
Can Ford shoot freethrows?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
AUTOADVERT
TRU
USA
11/8/2003  10:38 PM
Okay, this is where coaches and players earn their money. In all sports, they constantly talk about putting yourself in the position to win the game. The boys struggled, but it's not over. A decent set offense should get a shot. 35% chance it goes in.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/8/2003  10:42 PM
Turnovers killed us tonight.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
subzero0
Member: #410
11/8/2003  10:51 PM
That was a great play Chaney drew up for a three pointer in the end of the game right? Who agrees with me?

How about not playing Motumbo significant fourth quarter minutes after he won the game for us in the fourth quarter last night?

The man should be fired on the spot. He lost the game tonight, not the players. Motumbo has reason to be angry and so does the rest of the team.

16-6 rebounding advantage for the Bucks and Chaney decides to play the same lineup that lost us the game the last time we played the Bucks. Theyre small so lets go small too, didnt work before. Why go back to it? We played small all last year and had a LOSING season.

Any idiot can see we needed Motumbo for rebounding purposes. Its almost as if Chaney wants us to lose these games. I cannot even begin to talk about that last play, HE NEEDED A TIMEOUT TO DRAW THAT UP.

Fire the man now.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/08/2003 23:01:00]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2003  11:05 PM
i dont agree with that. this club played with no C in the 4th Q and had Kukoc and Thomas moving around on the perimeter and Thomas was checking Smith. either deke follows those players out to the perimeter or they are shooting wide open shots. decent game good effort by houston--we just lack another scorer + some athletiscm and it will cost us.No one blew that game no player no coach we just lost a tight game on the road
RIP Crushalot😞
subzero0
11/8/2003  11:13 PM
Wait so a 16-6 offesive rebounding advantage in that fourth quarter doesnt disturb you, a little. Heck, even the winning shot for the bucks was off defensive rebound we should have had. You have to agree that Motumbo would have had at least one rebound while in there and that would have been one more than Anderson had. And just to clarify, Shandon Anderson had abosolutely NO EFFECT on Tim Thomas. Take out Anderson move Van Horn over to that small forward spot, put Thomas in that power forward position, Motumbo at center and guess what, WE get that key rebound to control the game.

Dont believe me, look at a tape of last nights game.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/08/2003 23:13:44]
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/8/2003  11:14 PM
Why not put Dekembe in there, and play a zone. The bucks got second and third looks twards the end of the fourth and the play of the game by redd was a offensive rebound. Sorry Briggs but Mutombo has to be there that the way it is you lose with you best defensive player and center out on the floor. This game was winable. Mutombo should have been there Tim Thomas was killing Anderson it was a mistmatch. Kukoc and thomas were beasts on the offensive boards why because there was no deke. Its no wonder that when Dekembe has played minutes the Knicks have won.

Chaney blew this because he was once again being stubbron and tried to show the fans and papers up by trying to get the victory without Dekembne in there. Backfired in his face again.
TRU
USA
11/8/2003  11:31 PM
I can't agree with you guys on this one. Perimeter shooting is Kryptonite to the zone. Two games ago, the Bux couldn't hit a jumper to save their lives, tonight they were shooting the lights out from the perimeter. Chaney had to stay in man, and that means Deke had to stay on the bench.

Again, he sees the dude in practice. I'm sure that in scrimmages Doleac shoots the lights out from the perimeter, cause Mutombo is too slow to challenge him. No way Chaney was going to lose letting Kukoc run circles around Deke.

Like was said earlier, just a tough road loss to a good team that we match up particularly poorly with.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2003  11:37 PM
lets not get carried away here. the bucks won a permiter based game. who was deke guarding? kukoc thomas or smith? even if he is out there the zone defense had very little impact and you have to be reasonable in what you think you are getting out of a 38++YO C who just played B-B. I think MOST people expected Deke to average around
24minutes with 7 points 7 reb 2 blocks. they guy played almost 40 last night. you cant judge whether or not he would have had any impact in the 4th Q.maybe he does maybe he doesnt. we scoredONLY 18 points in the 4th Q that's why we lost
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/9/2003  2:07 AM
This game was sickening, again we have deke on the bench while we are outboarded, we have ward taking a highly contested 3 to end the game, we let a inferior bucks team beat us again....

This is a joke..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/9/2003  12:34 PM
chaney has to get fired. two games in arow doesnt he see that we were getting out rebounded bad and mutombo was playing well when he was in there. I really can't take it anymore this man does not know how to coach a basketball team.
Matt
subzero0
11/9/2003  1:39 PM
... and i still cant get over that last play that was supposedly drawn up in the time out. Ward forcing a three over a taller defender. Comon!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/10/2003  8:45 AM
All typical for this coach. The team played hard, but not smart enough. Mutmobo's presence under the rim, ALTERS SHOTS and changes the pace of the game in NY's favor most of the time. NY cannot keep up with the quicker bucks, so they to slow the game down. As it was Deke played more and the game was closer. But in the 4th they again lacked an interior presence. It is sad.

If spoon is so bad, play Sweetney already. Even if it ijust so the guy loses some weight!

Official Bucks vs Knicks thread (11/8)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy