[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IF YOU HATE MANAGEMENT
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/7/2003  8:15 AM
You should not purchase anything that will directly put money into the pockets of Cablevision. As long as fans give up the dough, why should they do anything different?
I heard that Giants fans burned their tickets in the parking lot of Giants Stadium and some guy flew a plane to fly a sign that read: "15 YEARS OF LOUSY FOOTBALL -- WE'VE HAD ENOUGH", or something to that effect.
I know it hasn't been that long for the knicks, get my drift?

As long as the knicks are a cash flow why would ownership/management do anything different? Corporate ownership has to feel rebellion from fans sooner than private ownership groups.

You should always root for the Knicks, just don't contribute to their ownwership pockets until it seems they care enough to do what it takes to put a real Championship contender on the floor.

So when you come in here and trash the team are you really a knick fan? Not stepping on toes but think about it.

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/07/2003 08:19:39]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/7/2003  1:09 PM
Well, if you watch a game on TV you give them advertising $$$ - you buy a jersey or shorts you give them revenue, you go to a game you give them ticket sales. I dont think there is a Knick fan out there who could boycot every avenue of $$$ earning power that this team has. If you did do that, you wouldnt be able to watch the Knicks until the owners decided to sell the team.

Also, he hasnt just mismanaged the Knicks - its the Rangers and Cablevision as a whole. Cablevision is either going to be sold of go bankrupt I think. Dolan wont let go of the sports franchises though, because they make money even when they lose. This has all been said before.

Bashing the Knicks isnt done out of hate on this board, its out of frustration. Everyone on here is a Knick fan regardless of their happiness with the product right now.

[Edited by - oasisbu on 11/07/2003 13:10:29]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/7/2003  1:26 PM
Watch them on tv and nothing else, otherwise you become a part of the well known problem!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
OasisBU
USA
11/7/2003  3:50 PM
Watching on TV is just as bad, advertising pays well in case you hadnt noticed.
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
11/7/2003  4:08 PM
Dolan wants to win. So do Chaney, Layden, and the players, for that matter.

The problem is, no one associated with this team lives to win. I hate the Boss as much as the next guy, Clemens & MJ seem like big jerks, and Bobby Knight is about the last person I'd want to spend 15 minutes with on the world, but there's a reason they all won so much. They're competitive SOB's. It's their nature.

Whether Dolan makes more or less $, he's not going to change his personality. Nor will the others. Layden, Chaney, H2O, KVH ... all seem like nice enough guys. Maybe that's the problem.

Yes, somehow, we need Dolan to wake up to what's wrong and hire someone who doesn't tolerate losing, regardless of his "character". I'm dubious that a boycott could serve as the alarm.
OasisBU
USA
11/7/2003  5:17 PM
Well we would have to make it more organized than just this message board, it should be a serious boycott - not just 25 ppl posting messages on an internet chat. How could we pull it off?

What if everyone put their money together and bought a full page ad in the post, ny times, or something like that - with a letter from the fans? How much does an add cost? I think its a lot but it would probably get news on ESPN and that would be pretty sweet.
IF YOU HATE MANAGEMENT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy