[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When do you think Chaney will get fired?
Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
11/6/2003  6:26 PM
If he gets fired, when do you think it will be? Ihope he's gone by mid season, but i doubt it. He has made some pretty bad mistakes in 4 games, that cost us 2 wins IMO Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  6:43 PM
If Chaney does not get the Axe before the end of the season, it'll definitely happen at season's end. It's a bonus if LayDown gets kicked to the curb with him.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
11/6/2003  10:08 PM
I think it depends - do the Knicks want to lose more games and get a high lottery pick? Then they'll keep Chaney around. If they decide they want to try to make the playoffs, they'll replace him.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/6/2003  10:35 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

I think it depends - do the Knicks want to lose more games and get a high lottery pick? Then they'll keep Chaney around. If they decide they want to try to make the playoffs, they'll replace him.

Shouldn't they have done that last year. NYK might be sitting pretty with LeBron, Darko or Melo, not that they would get playing time here anyways.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/7/2003  7:32 AM
Vmart uh hum, If Lebron was here that would mean $$$$ for Dolan so you better believe he would PLAY!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/7/2003  8:21 AM
Dolan, being the idiot he is, actually thinks this team is pretty good. He thinks the same thing about the Rangers. He also thinks that making the playoffs is more important than building a true contender. He never ever mentions "championship" in his repugnant press conferences.

So, if the team fails to make the playoffs, he will fire Chaney and probably Layden. If the halfway mark comes and the team is still a .250 team, it could happen then. But if the team is around .400 at the break, he'll keep them on, because they would still have a shot.

That said, if the Knicks don't make the playoffs and he keeps both luuuuuusers on the payroll, I won't be shocked. Dolan IS that stupid.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/7/2003  8:43 AM
Why Chaney should be fired NOW!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/134428p-119817c.html

In this article, Chaney says he switched to man to man because Milwaukee was shooting so well. I have a question. Didn't they shoot the ball better in the 2nd half when they were able to shoot the ball closer and get more O rebounds? Next he says that Mutombo could not guard the opposing C, Kukoc or TT. First of all, in a ZONE, do you really guard any one player or do you defend your "zone". The reason, Porter could play TT and Kukoc at C, was because Chaney pulled Mutumbo in the first place. Otherwise, Santiago andGadzuric were in there.

Secondly, a ZONE is supposed to make a team keep making JUMP shots all night long. The Bucks were playing the 2nd of a back to back, eventually their legs would have went if they had to keep shooting from 20 feet. Instead, by removing the Zone and Mutombo, the Bucks then had the courage to go inside and shoot layups or 10-15'ers. Plus who was going to keep up with Ford? IN the zone, he was much less effective. It was in the 2nd half that he did most of his damage.

If I can see these things from my living room, what the hell is wrong with Chaney?

Ater 4 games, he is defending himself? and NOT for the first time! KVH said that practices were not hard enough or played hard enough, and Chaney was quick to "disagree"! Now this!

It is obvious that the players think he is a STUNAD!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/7/2003  9:07 AM
The zone is supposed to force opponents into taking jumpers--- but Milwaukee was either 1) hot 2) simply has good shooters or 3) both.

However, IMHO, the fire comes and goes. A team could be completely tearing it up in the first half, then it all goes away in the 2nd... and vice versa.

With Tim Thomas playing center... yeah, he could beat Mutombo down the court; it would just mean someone would have to be back on defense to compensate.

It's odd--- Chaney will need to realize that we don't have the quick defenders necessary to play great man-to-man D at every position, especially at the guard positions.

I think he needs to make it a point to live and die with the size, and only use a small lineup as a change of pace.

Now... how in the world are guys like Kukoc and Thomas supposed to box out the much larger Mutombo and prevent him from getting offensive boards or simply getting close enough to the basket to dunk on them? They didn't have the bulk.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/7/2003  9:26 AM
Good topic, it's just what I have been venting about lately.
I don't think he will get fired because if one them is wrong then all three of them are wrong. That is Chaney, Layden, and Dolan. They just have the wrong business plan for this team with the wrong management. Dolan will not fire Layden and Layden will not fire Chaney. If one is wrong then all of them are wrong.
I can't imagine a desirable NBA head coach wanting to simply replace Chaney and have these two knuckle heads over his shoulder. Who could the Knicks bring in? A college guy maybe.
It is really disheartning to hear the head coach say he got caught up in the came and didn't make necessary adjustments.
Bring back dee-fense
playa2

11/7/2003  12:39 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Why Chaney should be fired NOW!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/134428p-119817c.html

In this article, Chaney says he switched to man to man because Milwaukee was shooting so well. I have a question. Didn't they shoot the ball better in the 2nd half when they were able to shoot the ball closer and get more O rebounds? Next he says that Mutombo could not guard the opposing C, Kukoc or TT. First of all, in a ZONE, do you really guard any one player or do you defend your "zone". The reason, Porter could play TT and Kukoc at C, was because Chaney pulled Mutumbo in the first place. Otherwise, Santiago andGadzuric were in there.

Secondly, a ZONE is supposed to make a team keep making JUMP shots all night long. The Bucks were playing the 2nd of a back to back, eventually their legs would have went if they had to keep shooting from 20 feet. Instead, by removing the Zone and Mutombo, the Bucks then had the courage to go inside and shoot layups or 10-15'ers. Plus who was going to keep up with Ford? IN the zone, he was much less effective. It was in the 2nd half that he did most of his damage.

If I can see these things from my living room, what the hell is wrong with Chaney?

Ater 4 games, he is defending himself? and NOT for the first time! KVH said that practices were not hard enough or played hard enough, and Chaney was quick to "disagree"! Now this!

It is obvious that the players think he is a STUNAD!

Gony why did you leave out the stats to Chaney's reason for not staying in the zone? The Bucks went on A 9-0 run just before half time while NY was still in the ZONE DEFENSE. I know he should have went back to it in 2nd half but that was his reasoning none the less. As usual your onesided to make ya point.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/7/2003  1:40 PM
It was a 9-4 run Playa get your facts straight. A run like that doesn't warrant a system change. thats part of the ebbs and flow of the game.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/7/2003  2:46 PM
Thanks, Vmart!

Now who is telling only one side of the story?

9-4 runs? Oh boy, the other team got hot, lets change the whole plan becasue of that! Lets not remember that before than NY had a 44-33 edge with the ZONE!

Come on now Playa, dont try and make me look bad, it only makes you look worse!
playa2

11/11/2003  7:26 AM
Sorry the paper said 9-0 run.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/11/2003  9:09 AM
IN general, does anyone feel that NY would not be a better team right now, with a decent coach? Seriously, would Riley have let his team lose to the Bucks 2x and Cleveland? NO WAY! He would have had them ready. This Chaney is a joke. He has no respect from his players. He is already in bad state with the media. Yesterday's blowup was about 2 years too late. He should have done it when he took over. Instead he has led the team with his soft and nice approach that does not work for this group of players. Players demand to a coach who demands the best out of them. Look at Parcells and what he has done in Dallas. Is there anyone who thought Dallas would win 5 games this year? They are 7-2! NY is better than this record. They are not prepared to play.

Chaney should have been fired after his first 1/2 year. Is it all his fault? NO. The GM and owner have kept him in a position that he is not ready for.
bernard
Member: #475
11/11/2003  9:16 AM
I'm with you gony. He's got to go. Last night's game was embarrasing. I don't think the coach has as much control over W's and L's as most people do, but one thing he must control is effort. After a weak game in Milwaukee they come out with that sad mess last night? In inexcusable.

Interesting to note, also, that when the football giants lay an egg, their players step up and say it's them, not coach. Who has said that on the Knicks?
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/11/2003  11:33 AM
Houston and KVH are the only ones who said it was the players' faults.

Right now, Layden and Dolan will use the excuse that McDyess still hasn't played, and that Chaney cannot be judged until he has all his players healthy. Yeah, it's a bunch of BS, but that's Knick management for you. Allan is their supposed star, not McD; they got bigger at the 3 with KVH; they have better size and rebounding than before; but, they still stink. For McDyess to turn this team around, he'll have to be BETTER than he was before his injury in Denver, not the same, not half as good, but better. Still, the Atlantic Conference doesn't have a single team above .500, so it's not like the ship is sinking yet. Months of this torture will pass before talk of firing occurs.

Remember what you wish for, though. Once Chaney is out, Brendan Malone or Lon Kruger becomes head coach. Do you consider that an upgrade?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/11/2003  12:27 PM
Well Dyess seems to be coming back soon, so they won't have that vexcuse for long.

Although IMO Dyess could possibly make the critical difference that could change the Knicks fortune, the case right now is this:

"We played like we just didn't want to be there," said Houston, who missed his first six shots. "It's inexcusable. You never come out and just go through the motions and that's what we did. We weren't ready to play. We know how sorry we looked. There was just no pride."

"Yeah, that was about as angry as (Chaney's) ever been," Allan Houston said. "And I would have reacted the same way if I were him. That was one of the worst games I can remember. It's like we just didn't trust each other."

"You can't keep saying it's early," Houston added. "Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are. Right now, we're not a good team. period."
-Allan Houston

"I never played in an NBA game where guys got so many open shots," Van Horn said. "We have to have more pride than that. It's nothing to do with X's and O's or anything the coaches say. We have to go out and guard guys."
-KVH

"We played scared. We respected their athleticism too much and didn't get into guys. It showed a lack of trust, teamwise. We can't be afraid to get beat off the dribble. We have to get into guys and allow our teammates to cover for us. And we're not getting there."

-"Coach" Chaney

This team as is won't be going anywhere but the Lottery (and someone other than LayDown and Chaney will be making the picks!!). Same if Dyess doesn't make a BIG impact when he returns. Plus, we STILL need a trade to happen.

...It's a horrid situation right now. We gotta be ready to grit our teeth and deal with this madness on a consistent basis. Problems are the only thing that the Knicks have on a cosistent basis, though.

Oh yeah, and we'd better get used to these too...

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/11/2003  12:38 PM
I don't think Chaney will be let go until after McDyess comes back. If the Knicks continue to lose after McDyess comes back, I think he'll be gone.
When do you think Chaney will get fired?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy