Not sure if it has been posted yet.
This clip should stand on its own. Wow.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/15/2009  12:08 AM
I think the poor guy is going through a mid-career crisis and is trying a bit of everything.
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
2/15/2009  12:12 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:

I think the poor guy is going through a mid-career crisis and is trying a bit of everything.

MID career?

Hey, I admire Iverson for his heart and fight but let's be realistic.

If you can find it, his Soph pic from college is a clean cut pure kid. He gets to the NBA he tries to pretend to be a thug and it gets him in trouble. No thanks buying into that BS.

Meanwhile, just as we should have done with Marbury when we got him, Iverson + 4 role playing team first defense loving deferring players = an NBA Finals team. Ever since he came out of that element? He's been a ballhogging, whining, crying, diva, me-first, chemistry-killing CLOWN.

So, honestly, now his career is reduced to "LIKE OMG HE CUT HIS HAIR!!!!!". lol...

and...good riddance.

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/15/2009  12:20 AM
LOL at the still buying Marbury jerseys at Georgia Tech reference. So true.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/15/2009  12:29 AM
It's about time he shaved his head again.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/15/2009  10:03 AM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by Pharzeone:

MID career?

If you can find it, his Soph pic from college is a clean cut pure kid. He gets to the NBA he tries to pretend to be a thug and it gets him in trouble. No thanks buying into that BS.

Meanwhile, just as we should have done with Marbury when we got him, Iverson + 4 role playing team first defense loving deferring players = an NBA Finals team. Ever since he came out of that element? He's been a ballhogging, whining, crying, diva, me-first, chemistry-killing CLOWN.

So, honestly, now his career is reduced to "LIKE OMG HE CUT HIS HAIR!!!!!". lol...

and...good riddance.

How do you associate wearing braids with being a thug? Correct me if I'm wrong but when Iverson was arrested for the bowling alley brawl, he was sporting the so called "clean cut" hair style. I wore braids at one time and I'm far froma thug. I'm a teacher for crying out loud. Associating a thug with Braids is an image that America made up....
Cosmic
USA
2/15/2009  1:24 PM
Posted by Uptown:

How do you associate wearing braids with being a thug? Correct me if I'm wrong but when Iverson was arrested for the bowling alley brawl, he was sporting the so called "clean cut" hair style. I wore braids at one time and I'm far froma thug. I'm a teacher for crying out loud. Associating a thug with Braids is an image that America made up....

Where did I make that association? I don't believe I did. All I said in my post, paraphrased, is that I don't buy that Iverson has had a hard life, a street life, and we should have pity on that. That's all.

Not sure how you made the Braids-Thug association from my post I wasn't suggesting that at all.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/15/2009  1:53 PM

by the way cosmic you did say, "If you can find it, his Soph pic from college is a clean cut pure kid. He gets to the NBA he tries to pretend to be a thug and it gets him in trouble. No thanks buying into that BS."

talking about hard street life? all this thread is about is him cutting his hair.....you are the one making that association cuz you are the only one saying it.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cosmic
USA
2/15/2009  2:25 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

by the way cosmic you did say, "If you can find it, his Soph pic from college is a clean cut pure kid. He gets to the NBA he tries to pretend to be a thug and it gets him in trouble. No thanks buying into that BS."

talking about hard street life? all this thread is about is him cutting his hair.....you are the one making that association cuz you are the only one saying it.

The post I replied to suggested he's had a tough life. I maintain he has not and never did until he got into the NBA and decided he wanted to be a fake thug like any other kid that watches too many music videos.

I laugh at this clown getting attention because he cut off his braids, as if he was some hard core thug that's trying to clean up his life, when he was always a lilly white mamma's boy who tried to put on a tough guy from the streets front when he entered his TWENTIES of all things.

You guys are twisting my replies into something they aren't.
EnySpree

2/15/2009  3:55 PM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by EnySpree:

The post I replied to suggested he's had a tough life. I maintain he has not and never did until he got into the NBA and decided he wanted to be a fake thug like any other kid that watches too many music videos.

I laugh at this clown getting attention because he cut off his braids, as if he was some hard core thug that's trying to clean up his life, when he was always a lilly white mamma's boy who tried to put on a tough guy from the streets front when he entered his TWENTIES of all things.

well to me its a big deal cuz the mofo had the braids forever...13 years....thats where it stands....al the rest of the thug stuff is in your imagination....I think Uptown was refering to him having a mid-life crisis...just joking. Nothing having to do with wheter or not he lived a hard life.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
K22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1182
USA
2/15/2009  3:56 PM
Allen Iverson is officially a grown-ass man.
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/15/2009  5:44 PM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by Pharzeone:

MID career?

and...good riddance.

U are doing yourself an injustice...I'm sure you know more than you are pretending not to know...

bishop
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #480
Canada
2/15/2009  5:46 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

LOL at the still buying Marbury jerseys at Georgia Tech reference. So true.

I didnt quite get that comment by the players, can you explain it to me?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/15/2009  5:52 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by EnySpree:

well to me its a big deal cuz the mofo had the braids forever...13 years....thats where it stands....al the rest of the thug stuff is in your imagination....I think Uptown was refering to him having a mid-life crisis...just joking. Nothing having to do with wheter or not he lived a hard life.

i agree w/Eny... anyway everyone knows thugs wear dreads, not braids... right Eny?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree

2/15/2009  6:14 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by EnySpree:

i agree w/Eny... anyway everyone knows thugs wear dreads, not braids... right Eny?

Real thugs get voted in office by the people....
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/15/2009  6:47 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by EnySpree:

Real thugs get voted in office by the people....

jibbety jibbety ratta tat tat
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
DanL
Member: #2471

2/15/2009  7:25 PM
What is someone saying about Steph? I can't quite hear.
www.knicksfan.net
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

2/16/2009  12:31 AM
Posted by Cosmic:

I don't buy that Iverson has had a hard life, a street life, and we should have pity on that. That's all.

Not sure how you made the Braids-Thug association from my post I wasn't suggesting that at all.

Here we go again....a classic example of the "I didnt say that" or "I didnt mean it that way" closet racist. If you feel something stand up & say it dont hide behind claims of you're misquoting me.

Also, for what it's worth I went to Hampton University when I verson was at Hampton High & I can say w/o 100% certainty taht his "hood" upbringing is every bit as valid as he claims. This is in no way, some sort of "ghetto" pass excuse for any bad behavior but how dare you make claims on someones upbringing based on your internet pseudo-research.
K22
Member: #1182
USA
2/16/2009  12:37 AM
Posted by DanL:

What is someone saying about Steph? I can't quite hear.

When I got a good look at the new cut, I got what they were saying. AI has a part in the middle of his hair like Steph had when he was in Georgia Tech.

EDIT:

Got a clearer version:

[Edited by - K22 on 2009-02-16 02:09 AM]
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
EnySpree

2/16/2009  6:39 PM
Yeah well nobody brought up any thug references except Cosmic....this is just about a guy cutting his hair after 13 years.....sheet if I cut my dreads off it would be some what of a shock to everyone that knows me.

That's all I get out of it....Geez louis I'm bored right now!
OT: Someone has a new

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy