[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Behavior off the court -- does it matter?

Author Poll
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
The recent discussions about Spree, the accusations against Kobe, and the criticism of Dolan for trying to fill the roster with squeeky clean guys got me to thinking. Where do you draw the line?
Any misbehavior off-court is unacceptable
It's all about the game. A player's off-court behavior should be irrelevant
I don't care if the dude smokes a little weed, but if he kills his whole family, he probably shouldn't be allowed to play
other
View Results

Author Thread
ARES
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #406
11/6/2003  4:46 PM
hey knick geek no need for a poll on this, this aplies to every thing not just knicks ball

if you are a rapist, (and a proven rapist not the tupac type of rape charge or the kobe rape charge) a pedophile, a racist or a murderer than you should not be making NBA dollars.

But if you curse media members out, get caught once experimenting with WEED or get disagree with teamamtes, have bad breath or occasionally spit on side walks then your human and desrve to work anyone.

All the people that hate Barry bonds and dont even know him...it's comical...i definately would want bonds in the yankee line up over Kareem Garcia. And Give me Kidd over Ward any day.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
AUTOADVERT
ARES
Member: #406
11/6/2003  4:47 PM
i made alot of typos on that my bad

tru will proofead it.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2003  5:20 PM
If a player commints an act that will get a regular Joe dismissed from his job then the same rules should apply to him.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  6:59 PM
IMO It's more of a matter where NYK management wants to filter out the men who have the balls to confront them. They want players who bend over for whatever they say, and who don't have the courage to face up to them and tell them what's wrong.

Especially Dolan. He's a goddamn PUSS who doesn't want anyone on the team who is capable of exposing him for the punk he is. That, in a nutshell, is why Spree is gone.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/6/2003  10:02 PM
Originally posted by ARES:
...get caught once experimenting with WEED...

Don't tell me Stoudamire and Wallace were just experimenting....

Posted by NYKBocker:

If a player commints an act that will get a regular Joe dismissed from his job then the same rules should apply to him.

There is definitely a double standard here. Athletes get away with stuff that would get you or me fired.

[Edited by - knickgeek on 11/06/2003 22:03:33]
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/7/2003  9:27 AM
SPREEWELL is gone because his GAME left before he did !!! lol......rofl...
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/10/2003  8:44 AM
hard core,

Sometimes you have to bend over and take one for the team!

It would have appeared that The teams in the 1990's had no problems withe rules, and nobody really has a problem with the rules.

The only one banished was Ant-ney Mason for his Mike Tyson nites out.

I recall somehting about underage girls, parties with undesireable charactors.

This is big biz people, you pay a guy 12 million, its about leadership on and off the court.

At the end of the day, its a trade that makes basketball sense regardless of the personalities.
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
Behavior off the court -- does it matter?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy