[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THE NEW COACH !!!!!
Author Thread
Snowman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #458
Iceland
11/6/2003  9:55 AM
ISIAH THOMAS!!! Please hire this guy !!! He has a track record of playing to win games !!! He also plays the young guys & developes them !!! ( J.O'NEAL, AL HARRINGTON, ETC... ) He would be a GREAT improvement over NON-CHANEY !!! Another good choice would be JOHN THOMPSON !!! THOMPSON knows how to coach a team like this !!! Remember this guy harnessed the talents of PATRICK EWING, ALONZO MOURNING, DEKE MUTOMBO, ALLEN IVERSON & OTHELLA HARRINGTON !!!! All were great players under him & he coaches DEFENSIVE !!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
AUTOADVERT
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/6/2003  10:52 AM
Thomas is a terrible, terrible coach. He has no plan, he's too loose with the players, and he's none too bright.

Thompson has never head-coached professional basketball. It's a crap shoot. Maybe he's good, maybe he's bad. You don't know until he's doing it. Some college coaches make good pro head-coaches, but some stink bigtime, like Pitino or Calipari or PJ or that poor dude from Florida who coached the Wizards for one season a few years ago (Hamilton I think?)

Anyway, knowing Dolan and Mills, should they fire Chaney before the end of the season (highly doubtful unless the team is under .300 by January), they will probably put an assistant in charge for the remainder, and either keep him or look for a cheap newbie for the next season. You will never see a big name coach for the Knicks as long as Dolan is in charge. He wants a "yes" man, not someone who will argue with him over how to run the team. Why do you think Riley left, or why did Phil Jackson have no interest in coaching his old team? Knicks management doesn't want the coach to have much input or control over personnel issues. This is also why JVG got tired of it. Management kept giving him a bad lineup. How can you win with a bunch of overpaid scrubs and bums? This is real life, not "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh".

So, look down the bench if you want to see the next Knicks head coach. Don't expect big changes until Dolan is gone.
Snowman
Iceland
11/6/2003  3:48 PM
lol... true dat !!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/6/2003  4:11 PM
Thomas can't be worse than Chaney you know thats true. Anything but Chaney, Personally I would like Thomas, Lambeer,or Cooper. Why because they have won and players need a coach who as actually been there.
Snowman
Iceland
11/6/2003  5:44 PM
i forgot about cooper !!!
thats the man
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/6/2003  5:49 PM
Guys that coach women's WNBA I don't want as the knicks head coach "PERIOD".
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
USA
11/6/2003  6:16 PM
coaching is coaching lets leave it at that. I think they can make a positive impact and they win regardless if it is WNBA or what. They know coaching. besides these guys that coach the WNBA were part of winning NBA teams and players respect that. They tend to listen to them a little more closely than coaches that never won anything. Lambeer won as a coach and player, Cooper won as a coach and a player. Has Chaney done anything great when in the playoffs. no he has 2-9 record in the playoffs. Beside I don't expect you playa to understand coaching after all you hating on JVG and most people think he is damn good coach even the good coaches think he is good. Are you at their level to comprehend what a good coach is or what. These guys I mentioned are solid replacements for Don Chaney.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/6/2003  7:07 PM
I am not a Isiah fan. I think the guy is barely better than Chaney as a game coach. Bird fired him, that should say something. I would not mind a Cooper. I would not mind a Mark Jackson either. I would love to see Doc Rivers! He is the man for the Knicks, no doubt in my mind.

Chaney will not be fired this year unless NY is playing at below .400

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  7:22 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Chaney will not be fired this year unless NY is playing at below .400

OK, so all we gotta do is to keep heading in the direction we're going in right now. We are currently at .250 and are on a roll...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

11/6/2003  9:58 PM
I gotta think DOUG COLLINS was brought to MSG announcing team to evaluate the knicks and actually take over if Chaney has a nervous break down and quits like the former coach did.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/6/2003  10:06 PM
Very funny.
Posted by playa2:

Guys that coach women's WNBA I don't want as the knicks head coach "PERIOD".
Vmart
USA
11/6/2003  10:37 PM
Posted by playa2:

I gotta think DOUG COLLINS was brought to MSG announcing team to evaluate the knicks and actually take over if Chaney has a nervous break down and quits like the former coach did.

Guys that partake in the rodeo and jump out of Airplanes never have a nervous breakdowns.
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/6/2003  10:59 PM
Typical, 4 games, lets dump the leader. Last year he was praised for doing a good job, now lets dump him.

Houstan starts showing some health. I wonder why Mutumbo played so little. Maybe he has a bad stomach.

Chaney needs to make adjustments and find his rotations. SpoonFed needs to stop looking at his rotating grill and start earning his keep. FatPhucker needs to come in shape and have some pride.

Phil Jackson was a nobody at one time, JVG, Riley was an assistant, and so it goes. Thomas sucks, too much ego. His record of developing artest into a fine young man is outstanding. Staudamire and Camby were great draft picks, and very mature men. Ruined Austin croshure, can't control Artest. Jermaine was a beautifal young boy just waiting to blossom. Please, Portland Phucked up. Besides, they had enough PF's for another 10 years. jermaine is an ******* anyway. should have signed miller and signed and trade for o'neal.

Just like you rocket scientists thought Miami is the bomb and Odom is a star. Oneal and Odom got one thing in common, small skulls. Little dam headed NBA brats with teenie tiny ears. Can't hear, can't think. One is dumb, the other a pot head whom can't stay healthy. One cried cuz Issaiah got fired. "He was more than a coach to me". I swear if I. Thomas was not a married with children man, he walks with the walter payton "sweetness" crowd of great athletes whom sound gay. Ok, thats cold, but Thomas just has a way that just don't look right. Odom got all about Riley, signed with riley, now he got a van gundy.

Chill dudes, its a long season, the team will improve as time goes on. If Chaney is too stupid, let Brendan Malone run the ship. It ain't about being cheap, thats good hoop. Makes sense with a vet squad that makes a lot of dam money to get run and let the players coach work it. If it don't, then plan b is let the rooks run with young coach. malone still needs to evaluate those boys. but bringing in a retread, especially a George Karl whom did **** work in Milwaukee is not the answer. Find the next young stud to coach and let him grow with the rooks. And we get another lotto pick too.
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
playa2

11/7/2003  7:39 AM
Neydal you are right, these guys love to trash the season so soon, can people just wait and see? NOOOOOOOOOOOO they will ridicule until we make the playoffs. Then they will ridicule who we lose to in playoffs. All I say is watch the knicks come clean by seasons end, just like last yr but we will be in playoffs Chaney job depends on it.
THE NEW COACH !!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy