[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gonna be a long season
Author Thread
paulmac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #486
11/6/2003  9:00 AM
OK everyone, I think its time for even the most optimistic and supportive Knick loyalists to accept the fact that this is going to be a long season. Watching the knicks last night when they had that lead was like when you are watching a movie with a character thats so overly nice that you just know he is going to die. Thats how I felt about the Knicks lead. I wasnt asking if they were going to lose it, I was taking bets on how and how quickly.

As for the coaching, ohmygod. What did we pick up that 7 foot dinosaur with arms if he is going to sit on the bench while the bucks look like they are doing layup drills?
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/6/2003  10:02 AM
I'll accept the fact that the season in going to be a long one once the McDyess status gets resolved.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2003  11:04 AM
Posted by Andrew:

I'll accept the fact that the season in going to be a long one once the McDyess status gets resolved.

When McDyess comes back we will still have Chaney at the helm. Don has to change his ways. He is coaching scared or to cute. I always think that you impose your gameplan first to your opponent and make them adjust to you. If it does not work then that is when you adjust.
paulmac
Member: #486
11/6/2003  11:49 AM
Tim Thomas is quoted as wondering why the knicks didnt switch defenses, he said he is glad they didnt. I would be too if I dropped 12 points in the 4th quarter alone. Chaney should be arrested, worrying about not being able to keep up with their little guys. He should check out the rule changes they made before last season, it allows for ZONE defenses. Did we get Motumbo to stick people one on one? The guy runs like he got a piano on his back. He was made for zone, as is the whole knick team right now.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  12:07 PM
I said a while ago that the season will be a long one, for one reason or another...

Those of us Knicks fans who refused to have high expectations this season are not surprised at all.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/6/2003  1:08 PM
Now what if Chaney was told to play spoon and harrington for trade purposes, would they actually let the media know? Because I saw no other reason he would keep those guys playing in crunch time when they couldn't block a 3ft doorway, unless it was to allow them to play minutes so teams we are to trade with didn't see any DNP's in score boxes.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/6/2003  1:23 PM
So, we showcase players that help us close out games as embarrassing as we did last night? LOL anuone with a thimble's worth of sense would play them once we are in control of the situation. Come the hell on... Spoon? I have seen his no-ups havin' azz get blocked enough LAST YEAR. That weak excuse just does not cut it over this way...

We got Sweetney, who was picked one selection after the Bucks picked TJ Ford, who killed us. Sweetney got NO burn.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

11/6/2003  1:43 PM
Well if TJ Ford was on our team he would have got run! We have a glut at the 4 cmon hardcore that is a crap shoot on any given night.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/6/2003  2:11 PM
Yeah but what I am saying is that Sweetney was brought here to help. Instead he plays Spoon, and look what happened!

We all know that Chaney's substitutions suck. Sweetney could've gotten some burn last night.

Mutumbo is gonna get tired if Chaney's Byron Scott-like habit of sitting him down the stretch too.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/06/2003 14:13:29]
lip
Member: #471
11/7/2003  8:09 AM
Ward/houston/kvh,mcdyess/ and thomas at center when play east squads is a home court advantage playoff team. Play motumbo against big centers and use Doleac more. I think the season can be salvaged as long as we stay near .500 until dice comes back. As for chaney i really don't think he has any clue what he is doing seriously. he should coach his kids cyo or maybe wnba. As for that guy that made the comment about the piano and the movie in which nice guy gets killed this is a basketball site not a literary forum. Easy with the metaphors big guy
littlelip
Member: #489
11/7/2003  11:38 PM
I think the knicks will be fine. As long as my man mutumbo gets that piano of his back and dyce's knee doesnt blow out again( which it will)they will make the playoffs. Also, doc rivers will be the next coach of this team. Thank you!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/8/2003  12:01 AM
Doc may be available sooner than we think if Orlando keeps it up. Minny blew them the hell out tonight...
playa2

11/8/2003  1:22 AM
This is gonna be a memorable season . So many doubters of Chaney , so many doubters of Mutumbo, so many doubters in KVH. Just wait and see what I have been saying from the geddie up NY will do well and only a few faithful "TRULY" believe it!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/8/2003  1:24 AM
I think Mcdyess should come off the bench at first. Then when he's ready he should replace Kurt in the starting lineup. Hopefully Spoon Anderson and Eisely get hurt so that Frank, Sweetney and Lampe could get minutes. I dont see why rookies can't play in NY. Sweetney should definitely play..he spent so much time in College, he ready.
playa2

11/8/2003  10:51 AM
Houston DID lead, both in word and deed, made clutch shots, and everyone else did their jobs, especially Deke in the 4th. This team didn't play ONE SINGLE GAME together in the pre-season and some of you are complaining that this togetherness is just an illusion? How about, preparation actually counts, especially when two of the starters are new? I just have know that you guys who still condemn this team will be in for a rude awakening!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
11/11/2003  1:06 PM
I guess we're back to square one. It's gonna be a LONG season.
Gonna be a long season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy