[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Bucks vs Knicks thread
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  2:58 AM
The papers are rippin' the Knicks for this one...

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/6/2003  7:49 AM
"I'm frustrated," McGrady said. "I'm frustrated from the simple fact that the NBA needs to take out the zone. Guys as myself, having trouble playing our normal game. Teams are struggling as well. They say they want to speed up the game, well, take out the zone. It'll speed a game, more points will be put on the board. ...

"To me, it's frustrating because I love to entertain. I mean, you play a zone on me like that and I don't know if you guys (media) realize that, or the fans realize that, but my job is real tough when a team zones up on us. I can't do anything."

DON CHANEY THIS GAME IS THE LAST STRAW EVEN MCGRADY KNOWS IT WORKS! Play Mutumbo , don't be like Byron Scott and sit him when the games is within your reach and winnable
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
11/6/2003  7:51 AM
I gotta read this! The thing is, when the Bucks made their run in the 1st half, he called maybe 1 Time out and the same in the second half.

The reason we could not defend Kukoc, is because he had Spoon or Harrington on him. The guy can play he needs a good defender. If deke is in, than KT takes him or KVH, who at least has his size and is quicker than Spoon in his sleep.

Playa - you are giving him MORE 10 games? What about the last 150 games? He is not a good coach, admit it please.

The only way NY can salvage the season is if DIce is 90% healthy and NY can play him instead of Spoon and Harrington. Then they can trade one of them and get a swing man so that Anderson does not need to play either!

Did you SEE THAT PASS off the rim? RIM SHOT!! LOL!

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/6/2003  8:06 AM
Some Quotes

Terry Porter - Bucks Coach
"That zone of theirs was difficult for us," admitted Milwaukee rookie coach, Terry Porter. "But once we didn't have to go up against it, we were able to drive and penetrate and get some easy opportunities."

Mutombo

"I think we had a better chance to beat them with our zone," Mutombo said. "It was much quicker."

Tim Thomas

"I don't know why they changed, but I'm glad they went to another defense," said Milwaukee's Tim Thomas, who had 12 of his team-high 22 points in the third quarter. "They changed, for some reason."

playa2

11/6/2003  8:15 AM
Gony AFTER 10 GAMES I said. Chaney blew that game period! Nobody is blind!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/6/2003  8:26 AM
I think game 10 is when we will see Dice. So please dont use that as an excuse. To tell you my opinion, even when Dice gets back, Chaney will screw up the rotations or the D scheme.

The sign of a good coach is that he puts his team in the best position to WIN. Chaney, by far, has NOT done this since taking over 2 years ago.

playa2

11/6/2003  8:38 AM
You have something up ya craw with Chaney man, how did we do so good with less talent last yr by just missing the playoffs?
playa2

11/6/2003  8:44 AM
Never brought up dice after 1st ten games, if you saw game last night it was plain and simple that the Bucks couldn't deal with us at all with the zone out there. Our DEFENSE WAS PLAYING LIKE THE #1 DEFENSE when Mutumbo was playing. Why are you saying outr defense is not GOOD? Chaney made a terrible decsion not to play DEKE and that my friend was the difference in the game. NOBODY WOULD HAVE BEEN PENETRATING DOWN THE LANE UNSCATHED IF DEKE WAS IN.I blame that lost on Chaney and chaney alone. Defense fuels offensive production from marginal and bench players alike.
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/6/2003  9:44 AM
FIRE CHANEY !!!! FIRE CHANEY !!!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/6/2003  9:47 AM
THERE GOES THAT COVER STORY TRYING TO BLAME KVH WITH HIS PIC ON THE FRONT !!!! IT SHOULD BE NON-CHANEY !!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
TRU
Member: #196
USA
11/6/2003  10:26 AM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by tkf:

I used to defend chaney but the guy is a idiot, his substitution patterns stink, this is why I say we should let sweetney and lampe play, chaney brings in Anderson and spoon and we take a nosedive, Anderson throws a pass that hits the rim, falls into spoons hands and he fumbles it out of bounds, How much worse can the rookies do..

We just lost to a bad bucks team, Ford, mason and Haislip can't shoot, so why not just lay off them, then force Kucoc and redd to drive into mutombo, but then again, chaney had our intimidator on the bench.. what a bafoon!!!

Yeah, I'm with you. I used to defend Chaney as well. I figured, "the guy was coach of the year once, and he runs practice and watches the players every day. I've only played High School ball, who am I to second guess his sub patterns?" But he has so much more talent than last year. He built a sweet zone, the league lets him use it (for now). How could he have messed up so badly? I was sure I was going to hear that Mutombo was hurt or something. I just couldn't understand how he could allow that to happen. He's not a rookie coach. He can't be saving Deke for the playoffs... I don't know what to say. My whole night was ruined.

And lets face it... we have no creative players on this squad. we're a team of iso players. The 2s/3s/4s don't cut, and the 1 and 5 can't pass. Fine. I accept that. So if you're going to post/iso all game, why bother letting players who aren't scorers take difficult shots? Then knicks offense isn't faulty, it's the players who are. NO ONE SHOULD BE ENTRUSTED WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TAKING A SHOT OUTSIDE ALLAN HOUSTON AND KVH. Period. We should be playing it like Boston did last year-- every time down the court Houston, Houston, KVH. Houston, Houston, KVH. Let's stop pretending that we can count on 12 points from Charlie Ward to win a ball game.

If we lose with Allan or KVH missing shots in the fourth, I'm cool with it-- our go-to guys didn't make the plays necessary to win. But if I have to watch friggin' Clarence Weatherspoon get blocked under the basket one more time, I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

[Edited by - TRU on 11/06/2003 10:23:17]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
playa2

11/6/2003  1:02 PM
Don't do it TRU! ROFL
metra
Member: #473
11/6/2003  1:05 PM
Finally, everyone hates Spoon. A few days ago i saw a thread that praised Spoon and ridiculed Harrington. I almost flipped out. Anyway, glad to see that everyone sees that Spoon is worse than bad. Every game last year i saw him managing to get the rebound, going back up to get the layup, and getting blocked. The guy sucks. Harrington is MUCH better - but we still cant rely on him.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  1:34 PM
All of us with sense are sick and tired of Spoon getting blocked down low.

Just let the season play itself out...

No matter what those idiots in NYK mgmt say, heads will roll if we go nowhere this season. The losses will pile up, the boos @ MSG will grow louder, and reality will kick the pipe dreamers right in the damn teeth.

Chaney is NOT the sole problem here- far from it.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
ARES
Member: #406
11/6/2003  1:39 PM
playa keep your scary azzz over here, you cant even show your coward face on my board

Rockets are winning

minny is 500

and the knkicks suck.

lakers are winning

Don Chaney aint playing the young guys

And mutumbo is still garbage....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
playa2

11/6/2003  1:46 PM
So Sorry but this site has people who understand the game , you could actually learn something over here. Instead of just cussing instead of talking b-ball.
ARES
Member: #406
11/6/2003  1:58 PM
learn something...lollololololololol

NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/6/2003  2:03 PM
Posted by playa2:

You have something up ya craw with Chaney man, how did we do so good with less talent last yr by just missing the playoffs?

My beef with Chaney is that he sucks. Since he has taken over this team, they are about 30 games under .500! It is results oriented. NY sucks and the guy does not even play the young guys so as to give us hope for the fuure. NY has no hope and no now. THat is why I hate Chaney as the coach. He is a nice man and I want him to do well, but I just don't see it happening.

At least with Riley and JVG, as a fan, you knew NY had a chance of winning every game they were playing. Now, we have a chance of losing every game and especially if we take a 10 point lead at any point during the game! The guy is a joke.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
11/6/2003  2:12 PM
Posted by ARES:

playa keep your scary azzz over here, you cant even show your coward face on my board

Rockets are winning

minny is 500

and the knkicks suck.

lakers are winning

OOps! I meant to say, how I agree with these sentiments!

Minny is scoring a ton of points, SPree included and Houston is adjusting to a new style of play and winning! I think Mutombo is ok though. He still anchors the middle well defensively. Anyone but Chaney can see that!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/6/2003  10:07 PM
Posted by ARES:

Rockets are winning

minny is 500

and the knkicks suck.

lakers are winning

Ares, nice to see ya hear, see you still haven't changed..LOL....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Official Bucks vs Knicks thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy