[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For those keeping track
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2009  10:44 PM
Nets rookie Ryan Anderson finished with his first career double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Rookie Brook Lopez added 15 points and nine rebounds and Vince Carter had 12 points and eight assists in one of the most impressive performances of the season for Lawrence Frank’s young team.

Notes

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/7/2009  10:48 PM
You forgot Lopez's 2 blocks and Andersons 3 steals and 1 block.

Oh, and Lopez's 15pts, 9rebs and 2 blocks were in 22 minutes of action.

And they did it against a western conference team that came into the game at 34-16.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/7/2009  10:49 PM
Everybody's happy tonight in UltimateNets.com

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
USA
2/7/2009  10:50 PM
Everybody is sad that Rod Thorn punked the Knicks again.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/7/2009  10:56 PM
Posted by CrushAlot:

Everybody is sad that Rod Thorn punked the Knicks again.

Have they made a trade that I haven't been informed of? Don't see the relation.

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
USA
2/7/2009  11:09 PM
Thorn rarely makes mistakes and is across town. He got a franchise center and a player who is at least the equivalent of Gallo in the draft with two later picks. He also got CDR who may turn out to at least be a rotation player. Since Thorn has been in NJ he has consistently outsmarted and outclassed the Knick Front Office. The fact that the Nets have 2 rookies taken after 6 who are starting and putting up good numbers says alot about Thorn and Frank.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/7/2009  11:15 PM
Is this the Rod Thorn dick-ride wagon? I ain't riding with this crew here. This is the equivalent of chanting MVP for Kobe except it's really a million times worse. I ain't taking credit away, but the way y'all get your pussies moist for that dude is disgusting.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/7/2009  11:16 PM
HAHA!! And I mean that with all due respect
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/7/2009  11:19 PM
Posted by CrushAlot:

Thorn rarely makes mistakes and is across town. He got a franchise center and a player who is at least the equivalent of Gallo in the draft with two later picks. He also got CDR who may turn out to at least be a rotation player. Since Thorn has been in NJ he has consistently outsmarted and outclassed the Knick Front Office. The fact that the Nets have 2 rookies taken after 6 who are starting and putting up good numbers says alot about Thorn and Frank.

please, spare me this stuff about CDR... he's barely even in the rotation & he hasn't done jack squat as of yet in the limited time he's had... Roberson's put up better #'s for crying out loud.

as for Ryan Anderson, you're getting this excited over a guy who's averaged 7 ppg in 19 minutes... why aren't u as excited about Gallo's 6 ppg in 14 minutes? Rod Thorn's a tremendous GM, but you're kidding urself if u can point to Ryan Anderson as proof that he clearly outsmarted the Knicks w/this draft... Brook Lopez looks to be a great young prospect, but i fail to see how anyone can fairly judge Gallinari's upside based on the limited action he's had so far this season.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/7/2009  11:21 PM
**** rod thorn and **** the nets. have some ****ing patience. give gallo a year or so to develop and let them shed salary. i wonder if some of you *******s will start to root against the Knicks soon.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
CrushAlot
USA
2/7/2009  11:41 PM
Anderson was the 21st pick in the draft and is now a starter. He has been putting up big numbers more consistently since getting the opportunity. He is similar to Gallo in that he is a big with a great outside shot. I am not excited about Gallo because he was the sixth pick and was somewhat of an unkown compared to the talent taken before and after him, meaning he was a risk. The Knicks won 23 games last year. There was no reason to take a risk or to try and get tricky. That is what the Spurs do at the end of the first round. I would love to swap out Gallo for any of the guys taken 7-12 in the 08 draft. I want Gallo to be successful but I see no reason to think that he is going to be anywhere near the talent that was passed up by the Knicks. The 08 draft may have been the deepest in history. The Knicks had a tremendous opportunity to get a guy who could be a cornerstone for the next 12 years. I don't think Gallo has a chance at reaching that. I can't get excited about a guy who gets abused on defense every time he is in the game when he was the sixth pick in the draft. I can't get excited about a guy who struggles when he puts the ball on the floor when he was the sixth pick in the draft. I can't get excited about a guy who has a huge celeberation because he makes a basket while the guy he is defending scores at will on him to the point where his team cannot come back and he has to leave the game because his defense is so atrocious. The Knicks could have had so much more with this pick. Gallo is obviously fired up on the court and wants to do something. But to ask fans to get excited about his contributions as the sixth pick in the 2008 draft is a stretch.
GallOfFame
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2320
USA
2/7/2009  11:45 PM
Posted by CrushAlot:

Nets rookie Ryan Anderson finished with his first career double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Rookie Brook Lopez added 15 points and nine rebounds and Vince Carter had 12 points and eight assists in one of the most impressive performances of the season for Lawrence Frank’s young team.

Notes

They had probably the Top 3 best draft this past summer considering where they were picking from. Thorn traded for Devin Harris and then flipped Marcus Williams for a 1rst rounder.

[Edited by - GallOfFame on 02-07-2009 11:46 PM]
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
2/8/2009  1:10 AM
Posted by CrushAlot:

It isnt that hard to punk our front office
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2009  9:40 AM
the only thing we have seen from Gallo is a soft outside touch.

Great, we got a 6'11" version of hubert davis.

Not bad, but we were picking from 6.
30andOverClub
Member: #876
2/8/2009  11:26 AM
In Thorn's first year with the Nets (2000-01), they were 26-56.

As for the draft, is it really worth lamenting over when Gallinari has played about a dozen games, and when Anderson and CDR are both shooting under 40% for the season (39.3% and 35.6% respectively)?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/8/2009  12:35 PM
Posted by 30andOverClub:

In Thorn's first year with the Nets (2000-01), they were 26-56.

As for the draft, is it really worth lamenting over when Gallinari has played about a dozen games, and when Anderson and CDR are both shooting under 40% for the season (39.3% and 35.6% respectively)?

I see how you've conveniently left out Lopez. Maybe because it renders your question moot.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/9/2009  1:59 AM
seems to me the people who had doubts about Gallo from the very beginning are more interested in rushing to the I Told You So posts after a few weeks of seeing him play rather than remaining patient to see what Gallo can really do at this point... since when has judging NBA prospects after a half a season been the benchmark?

i don't give a rat's arse if Ryan Anderson is starting for the Nets right now... their team sucks just as bad as ours does... if the Nets management have deemed it time to start the guy, that's fine... why the hell should Knick fans care about their time frame on developing their young guys? Gallo started off the season on the IR recovering from a bad back & has just recently begun to get regular playing time... can we allow him some time to gain his strength & grow into his role a little before throwing him into the fire w/a full starter's load of minutes??? or is that too much to ask? Sheezus guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
For those keeping track

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy