[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

"Chokers, Folders ... Losers"
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
11/4/2003  4:56 PM
TMac's comment that the Knicks are prone to folding down the strech is great for the Knicks. First off, anyone who follows the team knows he's right. Last year, anyway, it was excruciating to watch them blow leads with such regularity.

I'm glad it's out in the open and that opposing players aren't scared of bringing it up. If this doesn't prod them into playing with a bit more pride, heart and attitude come crunch time, nothing will. Let's face it, it's embarassing to be challenged the way TMac did. And responding for one night shouldn't make the embarassment go away. The Knicks should be playing with a chip on their shoulder for a long time ... hopefully for long enough to get out of bad habits.

If they start playing scared again whenever they carry a double digit lead in the 4th, I'm hoping (this might be a stretch) it will become evident to management that changes need to be made. People have said it before on this forum ... letting big leads slip consistently is a sign of weak leadership. That leadership should come from your stars or your coach, or, preferably, both. Hopefully, it's out of our system! If not, let's bring in some men who won't tolerate folding.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/4/2003  5:47 PM
And McGrady's team are warriors right? LOL They are soft as "BLUE CHEESE"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
11/4/2003  7:38 PM
Yeah, I'd say that overall, the stubbornness that Oakley, Starks, Mason and Ewing in his prime had is hard to gather in this league...Add D.Harper, We had arguably the 'hardest' squad in history in 94. Ugly to the rest of the world, but hard to beat if they had a lead in the 4th.

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/4/2003  9:15 PM
If we could just get McGrady to comment before every Knick game....
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/4/2003  10:29 PM
They were not hard enough to get it done. Lets not kid ourselves.

That was 10 seasons ago. Riley did a nice job with that team.

Magic are hardly tough. Its a nice thought. T-Mac is a stud, but they got held to 25%, no knick team in history ever held down a team like that. Ironic regardless. This team is not known for its D, which makes it even more ironic. Don't ya think?

H20 and KVH only played together in the last 3 games, and a healty H20 is important. Lots of big injuries in the L this season.

team needs to make due with "what it is" and fans stop wishing we had all those other players on other teams. Cavs and heat have all this upside, and they suck right now. What it is, is what we got for now............
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/4/2003  11:48 PM
Orlando sucks, T-Mac should worry about the Magic, the knicks when they go to a zone, you better be able to shoot and hit jumpers because the knicks front line now is 6'9, 6'10, and 7'1 with KT, KVH and Deke, that is a long and tall front line...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
11/5/2003  2:13 AM
*Just meant 'hard' in the sense of NOT losing 15-point leads in the last two minutes of a game. The Riley squads protected leads - as far as I remember...

They often had trouble hitting a barn with jumpshots, but that's another thread...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/5/2003  10:35 AM
Great point, TKF. NY is not only tall but they are long now. KVH had long arms, as does Sweetney. Mutombo is long too! Doleac looks tougher this year (must be the goatee) and is finally playing like a decent backup C.

What will NY do when Dice is ready? He will come back off the bench, I am sure and will only start when he shows he is in form. I am guessing KT will sit then. Dice is an offensive threat in the Post unlike KT, who scores off passes for open 15 foot jumpers mostly.

I said this before this season started, that this team can win 40-45 games if they stay healthy. The coaching can swing it +/- 5 games. So if they end up at 3 give Chaney hell. If they are at 45, give him credit. Otherwise, he is a no effect coach.

I think NY should make the deal for White if they can. The kid can play, I watched him last night. He has good size and could be a solid backup for H20 and even KVH.

Can someone please take Eisley Anderson and Spoon? Wow, 19Million dollars worth of CRAP!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/6/2003  9:20 AM
I can only hope Chaney played Spoon And harrington and anderson , so they can be traded.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/6/2003  11:26 AM
The problem is, who will take these guys? Weatherspoon is making 5-6 million for the next three years; anderson 6-8 million for the next FOUR years. I'll be shocked if anyone takes these guys at these prices.
Posted by playa2:

I can only hope Chaney played Spoon And harrington and anderson , so they can be traded.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2003  12:09 PM
If some of those contracts don't get moved somehow, some heads will roll. LayDown and Chaney are 2 of the first...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
"Chokers, Folders ... Losers"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy