[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why no one will play for the Knicks
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
11/1/2003  6:44 PM
the man doesn't play for us anymore, and he still tells it like it is

"There's so much pressure (in New York) from you guys, to having to perform every night, from the management on your back for every little thing, wanting to fine you for every little thing. You just don't have that there, that makes a big difference."

~Sprewell
AUTOADVERT
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/1/2003  7:04 PM
It's pretty obvious that these guys prefer to live and play in places like Sacramento, San Antonio, Minnesota -- places like that. New York is a high-pressure town where expectations are high.

You gotta be tough to play in New York. Most of these guys don't have that kind of toughness. That includes the emotional toughness to deal with a gritty urban environment. No, they want to be out in the burbs driving their SUVs.

Before, we had the ability to offer these guys higher salaries if they'd play in New York. Now, with the salary cap, we don't have that option anymore.
Posted by Swishfm3:

the man doesn't play for us anymore, and he still tells it like it is

"There's so much pressure (in New York) from you guys, to having to perform every night, from the management on your back for every little thing, wanting to fine you for every little thing. You just don't have that there, that makes a big difference."

~Sprewell
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/2/2003  12:12 AM
Sprewell is the only one that had to worry about being fined for being unprofessional, now the pressure thing has been there forever. I told guys here before , everybody can't play in NY. Did you see sweetney play like he was a biddy boy playing at the boysclub.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/2/2003  11:02 AM
Well Spree played here for 5 years, and no one with sense would question his toughness. With that said, I am sure it is much harder here than smaller cities for playres who are not tough so succeed.

At one time we did have money to pay players to come here. LayDown paid the ones he wanted (SPoon, Shandon, Eisley) and guess what? They are all STILL here.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
11/2/2003  12:58 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Well Spree played here for 5 years, and no one with sense would question his toughness....

That's why it was so surprising to hear him whining about it.
bernard
Member: #475
11/14/2003  3:07 PM
If the Knicks were any good, there'd be pleny of players dieing to play for them. Yea, there's pressure. But you get to play in the Garden 41 times a year plus playoffs. You get to live and hang in NY as a rich celebrity. You get exposure for your game, and $$ for your image. If you're weak emotionally, it'll tear you apart. We don't want those guys anyway. If you're a winner ... if you're tough, there's no better place to play.
Why no one will play for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy