[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mo Pete should be our pick up
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/31/2003  7:42 AM
After a workout yesterday, the fourth-year swingman expressed frustration over his lack of playing time — just 11 minutes in the season opener — and said he'd be willing to consider playing for another team if coach Kevin O'Neill can't use him.

"You're never happy when you don't play as many minutes as you want, but we got the win and that's a good thing," Peterson said, noting O'Neill "hasn't said anything about what my role is going to be." But, Peterson added, "you've got to be professional, you have to say the right things and do the right things and not let it affect you."

Sources say the Raptors are not actively shopping Peterson but have fielded calls about his availability. The New York Knicks have expressed interest because they need a backup swingman but rumoured talks involving undersized and injured power forward Othella Harrington have not gone past the very preliminary stage.

Currently making $1.65 million (U.S.) a season, Peterson will be a restricted free agent at the end of this season, meaning whatever team he plays for then will have the right to match any offer he gets.

The Raptors had an exclusive window to negotiate an extension from mid-August until tonight. They made it known early to Peterson and his agent they didn't intend to extend his contract
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
subzero0
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #410
10/31/2003  12:36 PM
I agree, our backs are against the wall with this shooting guard situation. I was a little ticked off Steve Smith was never contacted as he was looking for a team but Peterson has youth and an outside touch. I would take him over Rodney White at that 2 spot any day of the week.
Mo Pete should be our pick up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy