OT Eric Gordon's scored 41
Author Thread
GallOfFame
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2320
USA
1/24/2009  9:27 PM
Posted by TMS:

Nate Robinson scored 45 vs. the Blazers in August... i'm just saying young guys have had great games doesn't mean they're the goods just yet... otherwise Jamal Crawford's multiple 50 pt. games would hold much higher meaning than they do to most.

Make sure you minimize when Gallo drops 40 or more. Make sure it's no big deal and ignore the month of good play before such great performance.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2009  9:30 PM
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by TMS:

Nate Robinson scored 45 vs. the Blazers in August... i'm just saying young guys have had great games doesn't mean they're the goods just yet... otherwise Jamal Crawford's multiple 50 pt. games would hold much higher meaning than they do to most.

Make sure you minimize when Gallo drops 40 or more. Make sure it's no big deal and ignore the month of good play before such great performance.

dude, u don't see me proclaiming Nate & Jamal to be the read deal when they had those great scoring games, & it's not like they've only had 1 or 2 great scoring games either... u should be saying this to the posters around here who hail guys like Linas Kleiza as the second coming when he puts up 40 in a game & then crap on our guys when they do the same.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Knicksfansince94
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2261

1/24/2009  9:38 PM
I don't want to hear this crap. Guy has a 41 point game, big whoop. It's not the craziest thing in the world and it's certainly not a quality indicator of a player's...quality.

I'll take The Rooster's consistency over the last 4 games any day. As someone said already, Jamal had multiple 50 point games, and he absolutely sucks.
my first signiature
GallOfFame
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2320
USA
1/24/2009  9:38 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by TMS:

dude, u don't see me proclaiming Nate & Jamal to be the read deal when they had those great scoring games, & it's not like they've only had 1 or 2 great scoring games either... u should be saying this to the posters around here who hail guys like Linas Kleiza as the second coming when he puts up 40 in a game & then crap on our guys when they do the same.

Who in this thread stated Gordon was the real deal? You're blowing off his performance as no big deal like ROOKIES regularly drop 40pt games in this league. Who cares what other posters have said let's focus on the point your making. The kid scored 41 pts didn't need 20-25 shots to get it and shot 63%. This month he's gone over 30pts twice once again shooting very high percentages. Give the kid some props because there were many, many, many, opinions of doubt about him.

Or if what you're saying has validity all I'm saying is make sure you regurgitate this same line of thought when Gallo does the same. Stop drawing up strawman arguments unless they are currently present in the Topic.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/25/2009  3:50 PM
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by TMS:

Who in this thread stated Gordon was the real deal? You're blowing off his performance as no big deal like ROOKIES regularly drop 40pt games in this league. Who cares what other posters have said let's focus on the point your making. The kid scored 41 pts didn't need 20-25 shots to get it and shot 63%. This month he's gone over 30pts twice once again shooting very high percentages. Give the kid some props because there were many, many, many, opinions of doubt about him.

Or if what you're saying has validity all I'm saying is make sure you regurgitate this same line of thought when Gallo does the same. Stop drawing up strawman arguments unless they are currently present in the Topic.

TrueBlue, i guess u haven't read this thread then cuz i see him being referred to as a really good & even a great player, another poster talking about how last year's draft was loaded... i know u really like Eric Gordon before the draft so you're particularly defensive when it comes to him, but i don't recall saying his achievement was nothing to be praised... my simple point was to temper your excitement on this kid til he shows he can be consistent over a longer stretch... like i said, guys on our own team have had multiple games where they've gone over 40 in a game & posters consistently downplay its importance, so how about a little consistency? that's all i'm saying... if Gallo goes out & scores 40 i will think he's deserving of praise too, but u won't hear me calling him a great player until he shows he can be consistent & not just have a few spot games here & there... pretty simple point i was making but since I know Eric Gordon was your boy you gotta rush to his defense... it's all good TrueBlue.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2009  12:24 AM
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by GallOfFame:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Holy smokes

Is he too short to play in this league? Is his handle too weak? Is he going to be Bust? Is his wrist still broke?

He's a really good player I must admit I'm really suprised. I didn't think his game would translate so well into the pros.

If he was on the Knicks now oh man. I still love Gallo but he doesn't fit a need right now with Al, wilson and Timmy around.....still the future is gonna be bright with this kid.

I will admit all day that I was wrong about Eric Gordon.

I was wondering if Briggs was going to take time to answer these questions? I guess not.

He's played well but he's been very hot and cold. It helps being on a terrible team and having a clear green light. Teams will figure out how to use length to bother him. He's had a lot of 5-16 games to go along with his good games. If you put Bayless Beasley Mayo Westbrook etc.. on the Clippers and gave them an absolute green light they would be up there too. Give him credit but I do not think he was the best draft pick for the Knicks in anyway shape or form long term. Consider we did have Jamal Crawford who has a lot of similarities along with Nate. We needed size and we drafted size.Is he a player who is in the same league as drafting a Bynum--not even in the same hemisphere if your goal is winning.
RIP Crushalot😞
OT Eric Gordon's scored 41

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy