[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maciej Lampe at Backup Shooting Guard
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
10/31/2003  11:45 AM
I'll take that bet ... and the dollars and donuts too.

Putting Sweets on IR would be an admission of failure Knicks management can't afford to make. Lampe and Vranes were supposed to be projects. No shame in seasoning them a bit. Sweets was supposed to be ready to contribute. Putting him on IR would be admitting he's not good enough to be 12th man ... basically writing off your lottery pick.

Here's the scenario I envision: if Dice comes back and we still haven't moved Othella or Kurt, and all the other 4's are still healthy, then Othella gets waived before Sweets is put on IR.
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/31/2003  10:34 PM
Posted by Vmart:

You need to stop discriminating based on age. No one is saying give him the starting job, He should atleast get game exposure for 5-10 minutes a game. That exposure will go a long way in his development.

great point and that is what I have been trying to get through playa's thick head that Lampe should at least see 5-10MPG, the kid can play, he just needs to have the time on the floor to get a feel of the game, All I know is that we need to keep Anderson off the floor, he is a train wreck out there, absolutely ugly!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/31/2003  10:42 PM
Posted by Vmart:

NOw you're discriminating against foreign players. Man stop the hating, If Lampe is given time he will produce its unfortunate for him that he on the KNicks and not some other team that could use his services. Just like your boy Frank Williams, he isn't getting any run and most NBA team would be able to use his services for a good run at this moment. BUt the NYK team knows nothing about playing talent they know everything about playing the pay check and tell rooks they are not ready, FYI because of last year Frank Williams isn't ready this. Lampe deserves to play he was doing well in preseason until Chaney started bad mouthing him and it was down hill after that. He out play the veterans before Chaney came in and said he needed a lot of work and he is no where near playing in the NBA. I don't know about your thinking but the cat lead the team in scoring his first preseason game, was second in the next game and then Chaney goes and demotes the man. Yes he may need to lean defense yes he may need to learn to play to his body type, but there is no need to take away what he does well and that is score. MOst coach would be able to take advantage of his scoring ability the Knicks they don't do this instead they are gonna rot the guy on the bench make him the next Postell. I'm watching the Suns last night and they got Cabarkapa he is only 19 and running up and down the court. There is no substitute for PT in this league, riding the bench isn't the way regardless if your a rook or what have you.

exactly, the knicks do not know how to utilize young players, If I were chaney I would bring Lampe for 10 MPG and when I do, I bring in F, will and make the game uptempo to utilize Lampes ability to run the floor, handle the ball and get open shots, the kid can shoot, dribble and run the floor, utilize that, let him get some confidence, there are a lot of guys in the league his size that would have trouble guarding a guy like that, but instead as you said, we rot him on the bench, I would also run some plays for sweetney, and if we have to IR othella's azz!!! How can we justify giving minutes to Anderson who can't shoot a basketball into the ocean, and eisley who couldn't run the point with Jason Kidds feet, the minutes they get?
Let lampe prove if he is worthy of getting minutes or not.. The same with sweetney, I mean this is BS....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/31/2003  11:24 PM
If he was busting guys up in prctice he would be getting run, the guy has a lot to learn about the NBA. PLZ STOP THE BEGGING IM GETTING NAUSEAS
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
metra
Member: #473
11/1/2003  11:50 AM
Shut up with Lampe. The Knicks are going into a tough schedule right now.. playing the best teams in the league on the road. How many players got off the bench vs Orlando? 2-3? Even Spoon and Harrington didnt play. You guys want Chaney to play around with Lampe just so he might be ready in 1.5 years? Give him time.
subzero0
Member: #410
11/2/2003  7:46 PM
Posted by metra:

Shut up with Lampe. The Knicks are going into a tough schedule right now.. playing the best teams in the league on the road. How many players got off the bench vs Orlando? 2-3? Even Spoon and Harrington didnt play. You guys want Chaney to play around with Lampe just so he might be ready in 1.5 years? Give him time.

So let me get this straight. Your just entering your third year of a two year drought where your team couldnt get into the playoffs in the EAST! But thanks to that you had one of the best drafts in decades, where you pick up arguably TWO first rounders. You start off your season with two LOSSES and you feel that the rookies should remain on the bench. You also believe that these rookies will be better NBA players by NOT playing in actual NBA games but instead by playing against the likes of Clearance Weatherspoon and the sunshine gang.

Listen up, obviously the players that have seen significant minutes, (Anderson, Eisley, Weatherspoon, etc.,) are INCAPABLE of winning games, we know this because we spent two years with these guys and whenever they play significant minutes we LOSE. We have good picks, lets use em.

Rookies dont get better by NOT PLAYING they need experience and confidence and you dont gain these things by playing against the knicks frontcourt in practice sessions!

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/02/2003 19:47:09]

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/02/2003 19:49:10]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/2/2003  8:55 PM
Cmon Sub , we almost made the playoffs with that same KEYSTONE COP CREW. Now we have too many new players who haven't even played preseason with each other before, LET ALONE ROKIES WHO PLAYED IN JUNIOR LEAGUE OVERSEAS ,trust me it's gonna take a minute for NY TEAM TO JELL.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/2/2003  9:16 PM
my 2 cents...

I saw Sweetney and Lampe in the summer League.

Sweetney was an awful lottery pick, period. Great college player, but bad pick. The guy is lucky to be listed at 6'8". He's another Weatherspoon with less skills (if you can imagine that). Guy has NO hops, no height, and no athleticism - an awful combination for a PF. All in all, the guy is not much better than Weatherspoon/Harrington... but those guys know the game a bit better than Sweets, and that gives them the edge as vets. Now if Sweets was Chris Bosh and wasn't getting burn, that'd be a different story.

We should have drafted someone else... maybe a SG/SF, or someone with height. That was a wasted pick.

Lampe. The guy has nice height, some nice moves. Only problem is that he is SLOW. Not athletic at all... got dunked all over by guys who are NBDL scrubs - seriously. He has good potential though. Needs to speed up a bit, and then he'll be ready to go. Better baller than Sweetney. Poor defender.

Vranes - project with a capital P. Good kid. Means well. Great height. Just not a real baller. If we had a real coaching staff, they'd see to it that Vranes became somebody, even if that somebody was Bradley or better yet a Chris Dudley (serviceable guy). An aside note, remember when Shaq dunked on Dudley and Dudley threw the ball at Shaq? Comedy... Pure Comedy.

metra
Member: #473
11/2/2003  9:21 PM
Stop looking at Lampe as the next Dirk (who didnt play much in beginning years either). Sweetney played some minutes vs the Spurs and he managed to actually make the team worse. Lampe looks like a Doleac - we dont need another big man. All the Knicks need is some cohesiveneses/leadership.

And what kind of logic are you using, btw? If veterans cant handle it, then lets put the game on the shoulders of an 18yr old who sucks at D, no rebounds for his size, and couldnt even have consistency in the preseason? Yes, lets just forget about the first 23 games and let the rookies get some experience. Lampe will get his chance, eventually. He has to wait until someone gets injured first - cause i dont see Chaney making a a bench player switch places with Lampe just so the rookie can play a little..

BTW, "Best draft in decades," doesnt mean anything for the Knicks. Obviously the draft is gonna be good since the Knicks either traded their picks or got players who didnt come (Weis) since like Mark Jackson or Ewing.

[Edited by - metra on 11/02/2003 21:26:45]
subzero0
11/3/2003  3:58 PM
Posted by playa2:

Cmon Sub , we almost made the playoffs with that same KEYSTONE COP CREW. Now we have too many new players who haven't even played preseason with each other before, LET ALONE ROKIES WHO PLAYED IN JUNIOR LEAGUE OVERSEAS ,trust me it's gonna take a minute for NY TEAM TO JELL.

Yeah, thats a good point. We cant wait too long though, last years slow start killed us. We have to do anything to prevent that from happening again.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/3/2003  4:37 PM
Putting Lampe @ the backup 2 will NOT stop the bleeding. Let's please come to our senses on this issue. Besides, there are SEVERAL problems that need to be addressed before we have the roster stable enough to think of winning games.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
subzero0
11/3/2003  9:39 PM
Ok

question:
With Alan Houstons back giving him problems who do we play at the two in the next game?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2003  10:12 PM
Posted by subzero0:

Ok

question:
With Alan Houstons back giving him problems who do we play at the two in the next game?

Frank Williams at the backup point...Eisley at the 2. Worked in the Orlando game to some extent.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/4/2003  10:50 AM
Give F-Will some minutes....PLEASE!!!!!
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Maciej Lampe at Backup Shooting Guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy