[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maciej Lampe at Backup Shooting Guard
Author Thread
subzero0
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #410
10/30/2003  1:31 AM
Anderson should not be on the floor at all in the backup shooting guard position. Neither of the point guards should be forced to play that shooting guard position as well.

So i have something really crazy to get all of your opinions on. Do you think, due to our teams present condition, that Maciej Lampe should play backup SG ?

What are your thoughts ?
AUTOADVERT
TRU
Member: #196
USA
10/30/2003  5:38 AM
Posted by subzero0:

Anderson should not be on the floor at all in the backup shooting guard position. Neither of the point guards should be forced to play that shooting guard position as well.

So i have something really crazy to get all of your opinions on. Do you think, due to our teams present condition, that Maciej Lampe should play backup SG ?

What are your thoughts ?

Lampe can't play anything right now. Get used to seeing the garbage you're seeing-- not much we can do outside trade for an sg. And whoever they can get for Othella won't be much better.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/30/2003  8:16 AM
TRU said it....Lampe is not ready to play, and there is no way he could ever play the SG position. He is just not fast enoough or good enough defensively.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/30/2003  9:02 AM
it's going to be a long season if this keeps up.

Lampe is a 4/5 - although I think he is more of a 4. I would maybe use him at the 3...but never at the 2. And everyone seems to think he is garbage right now, so he probably won't get any run at all.

[Edited by - oasisbu on 10/30/2003 09:02:57]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/30/2003  9:39 AM
If we keep playing the zone defense Lampe can definitely play SG on defense. As for the offense, I don't know...I would love to see it though.
subzero0
10/30/2003  3:20 PM
I agree Bocker. I would rather have Lampe play the 2 when i look down the list at the other choices.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2003  4:10 PM
guys.. being able to shoot doesnt make you a 2. KVH can shoot, why not play him at the 2? He's too big and slow. Rodney White is out best bet.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2003  4:53 PM
I don't care where he plays as long as he get PT. That is the most important thing right now. He isn't gonna get better by sitting on the bench.
subzero0
10/30/2003  8:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

guys.. being able to shoot doesnt make you a 2. KVH can shoot, why not play him at the 2? He's too big and slow. Rodney White is out best bet.

Are you kidding, HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET RODNEY WHITE ?? Offer backup powerforwards ? comon man.
subzero0
10/30/2003  8:58 PM
Posted by subzero0:
Posted by fishmike:

Are you kidding, HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET RODNEY WHITE ?? Offer backup powerforwards ? comon man.

Houston is ailing NOW. We have to get somebody capable to back him in five games. Nobody is going to give up a promising young player for GARBAGE. (Unless ofcourse that someone is Scott Layden)

[Edited by - subzero0 on 10/30/2003 21:00:38]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/30/2003  10:10 PM
You guys need to squash that we want Lampe rant,he played on junior pro team overseas...The guy is only 18 yrs old so how are you gonna justify given him run with a team with many power forwards ?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
USA
10/30/2003  10:49 PM
You need to stop discriminating based on age. No one is saying give him the starting job, He should atleast get game exposure for 5-10 minutes a game. That exposure will go a long way in his development.
playa2

10/30/2003  11:04 PM
Nobody is talking about him starting , Im talking about how can an 18 yr old help you win NOW! Sweetney yea Lampe NO! Game is too fast for him now he neads to improve in practice first and earn minutes.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
subzero0
10/31/2003  2:54 AM
ever heard of Amare Stoudamire, LEBron James, etc.,.

Guess their age.
playa2

10/31/2003  7:41 AM
LOOK WHERE THEY(amare-lebron) ARE FROM THE UNITED STATES. NOBODY IS DISCRIMNATING ABOUT AGE STOP TRYING TO MAKE THAT MY POINT . I'M TALKING ABOUT ABILITY TO PERFORM AGAINST GROWN MEN IN THE NBA...LAMPE ISN'T THEIR YET. 3rd RD PICK DARKO MILIIC FOR THE PISTONS ISN'T READY EITHER AT 18 AND HE WENT #2 OVERALL. GET DA POINT. Foreign players have it hard enough, but being them being young makes the transition even harder to play effectively now. Larry Brown works well with youngsters so when this guy is ready you can be sure COACH Brown will have him playing.
Vmart
USA
10/31/2003  9:03 AM
NOw you're discriminating against foreign players. Man stop the hating, If Lampe is given time he will produce its unfortunate for him that he on the KNicks and not some other team that could use his services. Just like your boy Frank Williams, he isn't getting any run and most NBA team would be able to use his services for a good run at this moment. BUt the NYK team knows nothing about playing talent they know everything about playing the pay check and tell rooks they are not ready, FYI because of last year Frank Williams isn't ready this. Lampe deserves to play he was doing well in preseason until Chaney started bad mouthing him and it was down hill after that. He out play the veterans before Chaney came in and said he needed a lot of work and he is no where near playing in the NBA. I don't know about your thinking but the cat lead the team in scoring his first preseason game, was second in the next game and then Chaney goes and demotes the man. Yes he may need to lean defense yes he may need to learn to play to his body type, but there is no need to take away what he does well and that is score. MOst coach would be able to take advantage of his scoring ability the Knicks they don't do this instead they are gonna rot the guy on the bench make him the next Postell. I'm watching the Suns last night and they got Cabarkapa he is only 19 and running up and down the court. There is no substitute for PT in this league, riding the bench isn't the way regardless if your a rook or what have you.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/31/2003  10:11 AM
Lampe needs PT it's as simple as that. Vmart is absolutely correct, you can't discriminate against foreign players (How do you explain Tony Parker?). Everything is relative to the person. If he can play then he can play. The only way we can know if this is true with our rooks is to play them. I mean look at the alternatives. I can live with Lampe and Sweetney making stoopid mistakes than watching our reserves who can't even make those mistakes because they are nailed to the floor.

Aside from the Mailman, Gary Payton and Divac...this is a young mans game.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2003  10:28 AM
playing time for Lampe would be great. Right now he's on IR along with McDyess and Vranes. Take Lampe of IR who goes on (for basicly the year)? Who goes on when McDyess gets back?

Great draft Layden... dollars to donuts says when McDyess gets back the 3 players on IR are Lampe, Sweetney and Vranes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
10/31/2003  10:59 AM
Probably Sweetney. This team isn't about talent its about who has been their the longest. When Dice comes back and their is no deal look for Sweets to go on the IL.
playa2

10/31/2003  11:42 AM
Posted by Vmart:

NOw you're discriminating against foreign players. Man stop the hating, If Lampe is given time he will produce its unfortunate for him that he on the KNicks and not some other team that could use his services. Just like your boy Frank Williams, he isn't getting any run and most NBA team would be able to use his services for a good run at this moment. BUt the NYK team knows nothing about playing talent they know everything about playing the pay check and tell rooks they are not ready, FYI because of last year Frank Williams isn't ready this. Lampe deserves to play he was doing well in preseason until Chaney started bad mouthing him and it was down hill after that. He out play the veterans before Chaney came in and said he needed a lot of work and he is no where near playing in the NBA. I don't know about your thinking but the cat lead the team in scoring his first preseason game, was second in the next game and then Chaney goes and demotes the man. Yes he may need to lean defense yes he may need to learn to play to his body type, but there is no need to take away what he does well and that is score. MOst coach would be able to take advantage of his scoring ability the Knicks they don't do this instead they are gonna rot the guy on the bench make him the next Postell. I'm watching the Suns last night and they got Cabarkapa he is only 19 and running up and down the court. There is no substitute for PT in this league, riding the bench isn't the way regardless if your a rook or what have you.

Funny thing Vmart, all the guys you named don't play the 4 or 5 position. At the 4 and 5 you pla aginst guys that will physically destory you , especially if you're not use to playing against great talent. Carbaka plays on the perimetter not down low. F williams is getting run just keep watching this was the 1st game and since Houston is hurting you best believe he will get run.
Maciej Lampe at Backup Shooting Guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy