[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Knicks vs Magic thread
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
10/29/2003  10:44 PM
they have no one to stop McGrady if he drives the ball to the hoop. Which he will because his jumper is not falling....Lue for 3
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/29/2003  10:45 PM
Why is Shandon not on TMac?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/29/2003  10:46 PM
This is terrible....Chaney is a bad coach.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/29/2003  10:48 PM
It's CRUNCHY now, fellas...

Someone has to step up.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
10/29/2003  10:49 PM
Knick Players 1-0 Chaney 0-1
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/29/2003  10:50 PM
Chaney needs to go--- before more damage is done. We played more than well enough to win.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/29/2003  10:50 PM
T-mac hit the second free throw.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
10/29/2003  10:55 PM
FIRE CHANEY NOW! THIS GUY IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE AS AN NBA HEAD COACH.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
10/29/2003  10:56 PM
What I want to know is where is the "fluid" motion offense he promised us! And we thought JVG's offense was bad..and it was but they minimized mistakes at least
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/29/2003  10:57 PM
It all came down to a 3-point try from KT...

Damn. 27 TO's It didn't have to even go to OT.

Bad coaching and player decisions did it in the end. They did hustle though, and stayed in the game.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
10/29/2003  10:57 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

You guys make me sick. Every two posts, you're calling for someone else's head. Goddamit, chaney didn't miss all those shots. Chaney didn't foul out. Chaney didn't build this flawed-ass team. Chaney didn't operate on Allan Houston's knee. This team can't hold a lead, not because Chaney's the coach, but because there was only one star on the court in the late fourth, and he wasn't wearing orange.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/29/2003  10:59 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Knick Players 1-0 Chaney 0-1

yup.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/29/2003  10:59 PM
there was only one star on the court in the late fourth, and he wasn't wearing orange.

Owwwwch....
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
10/30/2003  12:16 AM
4u non knowing b-ball fans we lost cuz of lack of judgement on Chaney part. How u not going to put in ur biggest threat in the game 7'2" Mutombo w/3mins. left to protect the lead and witch can score either on the line or dunks witch he has done in the game.Then not to see any minutes in the OT.Then seeing Houston playing all those mins. with his knees not a 100% could have been subed in more at least to have some energy towards the end of the game to make a final shot.Our at least subed in Anderson for a 3shot.(((THOMAS)))C'MON!!!
!!!Knicks!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/30/2003  12:40 AM
I do wonder why we didn't have deke in the game late but we had no choice with Houston, KVH fouled out and we needed a scorer on the floor, this IMO is where we will have problems because Anderson is just not an adequate backup SG or SF because he is challenged offensivly.. We had no reason losing this game to an orlando team which IMO sucks, they with the exception of Mcgrady are not good, I am ashamed of this loss... I will give the knicks the excuse of missing KVH in OT and Houston being hurt and hobbled does not help, but we must find ways to hold on to these leads..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/30/2003  7:37 AM
This game at least shut those stupid fans(hardcore, tfk,and the rest) crying about sprewell being traded for the better height, reb and scoring of VANHORN. Houston is not healthy and that is why we really lost, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN PLAYING. Anderson looks scared out there playing. I told you guys everybody can't handle playing on the stage at MSG-it's called jitters! 27 turnovers usually lose regardless who's on the court and think about it, we almost won. All those who slam Chaney remember, this is the 1st time he had this lineup on the court so after this he has NO EXCUSES!!!!!! Mutumbo should have played more and Chaney better learn that FAST. Didn't Byron Scott do the same stupid thing in last yr's playoffs? Deke is still a factor on the court hands down so shut up about how old he is!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

10/30/2003  7:46 AM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

You guys make me sick. Every two posts, you're calling for someone else's head. Goddamit, chaney didn't miss all those shots. Chaney didn't foul out. Chaney didn't build this flawed-ass team. Chaney didn't operate on Allan Houston's knee. This team can't hold a lead, not because Chaney's the coach, but because there was only one star on the court in the late fourth, and he wasn't wearing orange.

Tru, I feel ya man we have some hypocritcal cats on this site man. They say we are so bad , but then talk like we are Divsion Champs and we lost to a last place team. It's the 1st game and we played better than ANY OF THEM EXPECTED! All of the above is true what you said!!!!!!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

10/30/2003  7:56 AM
The Knicks missed their last seven shots in the fourth quarter, including Thomas' 18-footer with 16.9 seconds left that gave Orlando a chance to tie. McGrady penetrated and fed Juwan Howard, who missed from close range. However, McGrady managed to beat Mutombo and Thomas to the rebound and sent the game into overtime with a layup.

"I was trying to figure out where the rest of my teammates were," Mutombo said of the frantic scramble under the Knicks basket. "All I saw were blue jerseys."

"It hurts, but we have to rebound from it," Chaney said. "It's just one game. We have to make sure we know how we lost this game. We have to make corrections and go from there." Well if Houston is doing that bad and KVH is not playing then we are a team waiting to get healthy. Look North of the border what a healthy VINCE CARTER DID TO THE NETS 39 PTS.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
10/30/2003  8:13 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by TRU:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Tru, I feel ya man we have some hypocritcal cats on this site man. They say we are so bad , but then talk like we are Divsion Champs and we lost to a last place team. It's the 1st game and we played better than ANY OF THEM EXPECTED! All of the above is true what you said!!!!!!

Listen to who is talking! You can give Chaney all the excuses you want but he showed why he is AN ASSISTANT coach last night. Mutmombo was signed to grab rebounds and block shots, he needs to play when the game is close regardless of how slow he is and HE IS SLOW!

As for KVH, I was glad to see him have a good game but he committed some dumb fouls. He fouled out because Chaney is an idiot and did not offense/defense sub him with Deke.

Tru - I have wanted Chaney fired since he took over. From the beginning the team never responded to him. A coach needs to have a system that puts players in the position to win. Only then does it come down to the players making it work. Last night, the offense, was stagnant all night except for KVH and FWill. Yes FWILL.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
10/30/2003  8:15 AM
A quote from the lead article in the NY POST...

"The Garden fell in love with Keith Van Horn last night, but the fans then grew sick to their stomachs while watching the Knicks blow another double-digit, fourth-quarter lead in a horrifying, 85-83 season-opening, overtime loss to the Magic. Coughing up double-digit leads, especially late, is the Knick trademark since Don Chaney took over. "

Official Knicks vs Magic thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy