[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you were the new owner.......
Author Thread
Nedyal1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #463
10/29/2003  3:02 PM

Now remember, you have a HUGE debt to repay, you just bought the KNicks, Rangers and The Garden.

Ok, Thats a lot to chew on, so lets say your the knick owner and first thing is you really need to cut payroll down to 55 million. OR less 45million.

You need a new GM, cuz its an internet chat and Laydog sucks. Big names cost like 2-3million.

You need a new coach. Those cost 4 million for fantasy brand name.

You just added like 3 million for those two.

Look at the contracts on the books, Who your gonna cut? Still they cost big big bucks, and Taxes also!

Want Kobe, how your going to fit his salary in?

Now Remember, you must also sell those corperate boxes, season tix, advertising space and be a good citizen in the city. Like OJ, if Kobe get off from jail time, he is still viewed as a rapest, do you want to bank your franchise on the OJ of basketball? Remember, You have to sell tix,, Ad space, Boxes and bring in revenue to service that billion you just borrowed.

Can't undue the mistakes in the past, you have to deal with what you have.

My point, Im not sure there is much that can be done in the real world to this team than deal with what it has on the books, tweek it some, and move forward adding youth. Its a lengthy process, but its easy to second guess and suggest a lot of things, but the real process is far more laborous and lenghty to accomplish.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a kobe kind of talent leading our team from the doldrums. I want exciting rookies, talented veterans.

It seema most of the moves are ignored and it is assumed that nothing is being done to change things. I do see some change and see it will take some time.
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
AUTOADVERT
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/29/2003  3:23 PM
1. Pick one underachiever (out of a hat) and eat his contract. Gone. Pay him to get the hell out of town. Tell the others they're next.
2. Go to the press and tell them what you've done. Make everyone think you are crazy and have nothing else better to do than demand a championship and fire people.
3. Institute a system of punishments (fines) for bad play. Turnovers, getting outrebounded by your counterpart - those get you fined.
4. Spend some money on a quality GM/Prez of Operations. Someone known for shaking things up.
5. Order the GM to remove all personnel acquired by Layden through trades by end of season.
6. Spend some money on a tough-but-successful coach, give him a pass year because the turmoil will be so huge with all the firings going on around him.
7. Fire that guy! Him too!
8. Dr. Norman Who?! Fired, biznitch!
9. Clean house! What are you still doing here?! You fired!
10. Tell GM he can get whoever he wants, as long they are the best defensively at their position.
11. Take your new team on a retreat to the jungles of South America. Tell them they either do things your way or they "never make it out of here alive".

Just some thoughts. It's a little rough right now.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/29/2003  4:23 PM
LOL LMAO!!!

I would add one more... To seek out more input from the fanbase. They will feel more connected to the team that way. Gets the fans more involved, a feeling of having a vested interest in the team.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

10/29/2003  4:50 PM
I can see some of you guys would like to go BROKE! Other millionares would be laughing at ya
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/29/2003  8:55 PM
It will be a matter of them laughing at a winning team. Prolly a championship team. Let 'em laugh.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/29/2003  11:12 PM
Def, Hardcore...my ribs are hurtin' y'all...funny as hell.

But I'm down: Get some fear up in these folk. Amazon retreat. A twist on the early Riley retreats?

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
If you were the new owner.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy