Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
10/14/2001  7:17 PM
We Got:

Anderson
Weatherspoon
Eisley.

All we realize now that we maybe didnt need them. Everybody game looks improved except fpr these players.

how long before we can trade spoon. Because we know know we dont need him AT ALL. Harrington is looking like 6th man of the year material in his minutes.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/14/2001  9:18 PM
The one new guy i have been impressed with is Shandon Anderson. He has a good all-around game and fits our team well. If he can put up 8-10 points, grab a few boards, and get a couple of steals like he's been doing in the pre-season, i think we're looking at a 6th man of the year candidate. As for Spoon and Eisley, they haven't been that impressive, but it is very early to tell. Spoon hasn't shot well, but has grabbed a lot of rebounds. But as far as i'm concerned, he's nowhere near as valuable as Othella Harrington. Harrington will also be a possible 6th man if he keeps this up and i think him and Anderson are by far our top 2 off the bench. In december when we can trade Spoon we should unless he suddenly has an amazing start to the season. I'm sure we can find a taker for him. As for Eisley, i'm not sure what will happen. He seems to be pretty even with Ward so it's hard to tell. I think he will eventually fit our system well though. Right now i'm very happy with Anderson and Harrington and i think those are two guys we will have to hold onto for awhile because they will be a big part of our success.
john44
Member: #115
USA
10/15/2001  2:25 AM
I think we just have to give these guys some time to get used to the team and its only the third PRESEASON game. come on we know spoon is a good rebounder and ok scorer. i like harrington too but he turns the ball over to much to ask him to play 20-25 minutes a game and be consistant. What we need is marcus to play and stay healthy for once and then we will see a big improvment in the team.
Matt
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
10/15/2001  6:29 PM
Shandon is going to be a BIG TIME player for us. Eisley and Spoon I agree with you Falcindor. Shandon is going to be a crowd favorite. He laready is a Van Gundy Favorite. This leads me to this thought: Shandon is going to get his minutes but where and when? With his great defense how is he going to be kept off the floor in crunchtime? who sits for him? I was thinking a lineup like this check it out:
have Shandon run the point
with Houston and Spree at SG and SF
and have Dirty Kurty and Camby in the frontcourt! sound good???
thoughts???
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/15/2001  6:34 PM
Shandon is a no nrainer he is great on the break. But Ward and Jackson both look like they can start. Eisley looks lost. Even though its a new system he should be able to do more. Spoon is really screwed because he really doesnt fit on this team. I can see if didnt have shandon but we do. I expect him to be traded in a few months. Hes a good player but we need more size at PF.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/15/2001  7:05 PM
I'm not a fan of Spoon but apparently he needs to get in shape when training camp opens. He's superstitous that way and he's been healthy all his career so let him. Spoon might surprise after all.
Knixkik
USA
10/15/2001  9:23 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I'm not a fan of Spoon but apparently he needs to get in shape when training camp opens. He's superstitous that way and he's been healthy all his career so let him. Spoon might surprise after all.
Spoon definetly has the potetial to surprise us and make a great impact on the team, but i still don't feel he will be as valuable as Harrington this season. I thought as good as Harrington was, he was going to be the odd man out, but it seems to be the other way around now with Weatherspoon the odd man out. But as long as he rebounds he will see minutes. The good thing about Harrington is he can rebound and has proven that he can score in the low post on a consistant basis. He will definetly be a valuable part of the team this year and hopefully Spoon can help us as well. We are very deep with good big men, but don't have a lot of height. If Harrington keeps this up then trading Spoon in december may be the only way to get our solid center.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
10/15/2001  9:44 PM
If Harrington keeps this up then trading Spoon in december may be the only way to get our solid center.
I agree...I think we should also remember that Harrington is one of or only low post options. KT isnt really a lowpost guy, and Weatherspoon likes to shoot more than to post. Camby cant hold his own down there (maybe now he can, but he still doesnt have a move), and that about sums up our big guys. If Harrington can learn how to kick the ball out better, he could be more than a role player for the knicks.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/17/2001  5:06 AM
Othella against the Jazz had a GAME-HIGH 15 POINTS!!! He is going up in my estimations day by day!
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/17/2001  6:44 PM
As of right now, Harrington is probably our most reliable post player. Thomas, Camby, and Weatherspoon all like to face the basket while Harrington lives with his back to the basket. Be prepared to watch him slowly transform into the next LJ when it comes to posting up against the basket.
john44
Member: #115
USA
10/17/2001  9:50 PM
layden has to start using his head and be smart with the money that he has. They could have used the money they gave to spoon the sign marc jackson, because they already had harrington at PF, jackson would have filled the hole in the middle and is younger and just as good as spoon. Maybe the Knicks should sign Macilvane now since the Nets cut him.
Matt
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/18/2001  1:23 AM
Posted by john44:

layden has to start using his head and be smart with the money that he has. They could have used the money they gave to spoon the sign marc jackson, because they already had harrington at PF, jackson would have filled the hole in the middle and is younger and just as good as spoon. Maybe the Knicks should sign Macilvane now since the Nets cut him.
This past Knicks Pre-season game was phenomenal! Six players in double digits. Eisley and Weatherspoon seem to be trade bait and/or insurance incase of suspensions/injuries, etc. I would like to see Eisley (or our Mark Jackson) go for Foyle or Marc Jackson, giving us depth at Center, with Felton "Center for Hire" Spencer proving that he can really score and play in the middle for extended minutes (20 tonight, 3 fouls, nice overall statline).

Lemme know what you guys think.
New Guys Arent pulling their weight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy