[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wilson Chandler Poll

Author Poll
BasketballJones
Member: #290
USA
What do you think of Wilson Chandler now?
Future Superstar
Future Star
Future Good Player
Future Role Player
View Results

Author Thread
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
1/5/2009  4:47 PM
This poll sucks. Just sayin'
http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/5/2009  5:01 PM
Maybe if you could see it you'd like it better?
https:// It's not so hard.
Cosmic
USA
1/5/2009  5:02 PM
Yeah, that could help things couldn't it?

But since I can't I'll just go with my gut reaction.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/5/2009  10:57 PM
i think he's got all the talent & the skills to be a Caron Butler level SF, but i think he might fall just a tad short, maybe something closer to Josh Howard, which is still pretty damn good... he's probably gonna be a better rebounder than Butler but not as good a passer or passing lane defender to get as many steals... might fall just a tad short of reaching Butler's ppg totals as well.

i see him putting up 18 pts / 7 reb / 2.5 ast type numbers in a year or 2.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Cosmic
USA
1/5/2009  10:58 PM
Ah, MY EYES, I can see it!

Anywho: Somewhere between: Future Good Player and Future Role Player.

I'd need to see a whole lot more than just ONE bounce back game from the kid. I mean, come'on, he had a terrible stretch, he fought out of it, and put up a gem yesterday. Hardly the qualifications to be what that insane RGM thread has him being: Better than Scottie Pippen, maybe as good as LeBron, etc. (I'm not making that up, see for yourselves lol).

The point is, he showed signs of good play, went into the tank, got aggressive again, and the last game was both aggressive and largely mistake free.

What's his "norm" though? Can't even get a bead on that so far this season given the up and down play. So there's no way you can turn around and define his career potential! In fact, it'd be flat out unfair to the kid.

Wise coaches who became NBA commentators have said in the past, superstars show you their game right away, but, future stars can show it their 2nd or 3rd year some times. However, if by the 3rd season a player isn't showing it, then you've got what you see, a player who is never going to be a star. (something to that effect).

It seems to hold true.

In that? Chandler has quite a bit more time to show us what he is. Is what we saw last night the peak of his best? Is it a sign of things to come? Nobody can answer that....
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/5/2009  11:03 PM
I don't know about all of that but I know he is better than Tyrus Thomas, Yi Jianlian and Joakim Noah without even trying. The crazy man from Chicago via Westchester gets a special nod from pharzeone.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Cosmic
USA
1/5/2009  11:05 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

I don't know about all of that but I know he is better than Tyrus Thomas, Yi Jianlian and Joakim Noah without even trying. The crazy man from Chicago via Westchester gets a special nod from pharzeone.

Yes, that's a good start. He's better than absolute overrated TRASH. Gotta start small though I suppose.

I've seen the name Richard Jefferson floated around as a comparison on multiple Knick forums. It's not a bad comparison really. There are similarities there whether we like it or not (man, I hate Jefferson lol..cant stand em, nice game tho).

Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
1/5/2009  11:07 PM
He's improved a lot this season. He seems to be the kind who works hard on his game. His ball handling is much better. His shot is better. He's developed some interesting moves to create space inside.

The key for him, IMO, is to continue to improve his outside shot. I don't ever see him as a franchise player, but he could realistically develop into a borderline all star.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/5/2009  11:10 PM
Never expect player on your team to became a star.
Let it be UNEXPECTED!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Pharzeone
1/5/2009  11:11 PM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by Pharzeone:

Yes, that's a good start. He's better than absolute overrated TRASH. Gotta start small though I suppose.

I've seen the name Richard Jefferson floated around as a comparison on multiple Knick forums. It's not a bad comparison really. There are similarities there whether we like it or not (man, I hate Jefferson lol..cant stand em, nice game tho).

LOL. I seem to recall how so many posters on here were creaming for those 3 only last year. Now they are thrash. Ah... Too funny.
Pharzeone
1/5/2009  11:13 PM
Posted by Ira:

He's improved a lot this season. He seems to be the kind who works hard on his game. His ball handling is much better. His shot is better. He's developed some interesting moves to create space inside.

The key for him, IMO, is to continue to improve his outside shot. I don't ever see him as a franchise player, but he could realistically develop into a borderline all star.

You just described Paul Pierce rookie report.
Knicksfansince94
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2261

1/5/2009  11:13 PM
2 mos. ago I thought he was going to be a star. Now, I think he will not be a star.
my first signiature
Cosmic
USA
1/5/2009  11:17 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

LOL. I seem to recall how so many posters on here were creaming for those 3 only last year. Now they are thrash. Ah... Too funny.

You wouldn't catch me wanting either.

Yi is intriguing but Yao he is not. He's also what 24 (lol) so where's he going with that? Role player.

Tyrus Thomas? The guy has one brain cell hanging from a bungee cord banging around his empty skull. NO thanks.

Noah? NOAH!? Why? For what? My god this clown is overrated trash. I blame ESPN and SI. He was one of those kids who played in an NCAA tourney, got a photo of himself SCREAMING towards the sky on the cover, and everyone perceived it as greatness, toughness, must have, etc.

He's crap. Lee would CRAP all over Noah. So why Noah? Yeah, exactly.

...damn I'm in a rantin' mood. Got anything else?
Cosmic
USA
1/5/2009  11:19 PM
Posted by Knicksfansince94:

2 mos. ago I thought he was going to be a star. Now, I think he will not be a star.

Why? The Slump? He seems to be crawling back out of it. Where it will lead, as my initial (serious) post of this thread, I think it's premature to decide, and we have plenty of extra time to see where he ends up. He hasn't done anything to lead you to a definitive point of view on him.
Pharzeone
1/5/2009  11:48 PM
Posted by Cosmic:

Wise coaches who became NBA commentators have said in the past, superstars show you their game right away, but, future stars can show it their 2nd or 3rd year some times. However, if by the 3rd season a player isn't showing it, then you've got what you see, a player who is never going to be a star. (something to that effect).

It seems to hold true.

In that? Chandler has quite a bit more time to show us what he is. Is what we saw last night the peak of his best? Is it a sign of things to come? Nobody can answer that....

This doesn't hold true by the way. Dirk and KG didn't look like they had any place in the league their first year and even some of KG's 2nd year wasn't anything to really write home about. Both worked hard on their game.
Cosmic
USA
1/6/2009  12:28 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Cosmic:

It seems to hold true.

This doesn't hold true by the way. Dirk and KG didn't look like they had any place in the league their first year and even some of KG's 2nd year wasn't anything to really write home about. Both worked hard on their game.

KG showed it in his second year that there was something special there.

Dirk also showed in his second year that there was something special there.

Their third years solidified the fact that you had top notch players on your hands.

Kobe third year.

Paul Pierce again hints second year, for sure third year.

So, I gotta disagree with ya, and agree with those guys, Silas was one of them, that said, if a player isn't showing it by his 3rd year, you've got what you've seen.

We could probably drum up every star in the NBA and it'll show the same. By the third year you're CERTAIN they're a star! (or not) And, second, and in some cases, first year, they showed flashes.

Bosh Flashes 2nd year, certified 3rd year.

Howard etc....

So, Yeah, it is the truth, true stars show early, anyone who is going to be a star shows you the 3rd season.

You can do this for ANYONE you regard as an NBA star today.

It's a tried and true measuring stick. If you still stink in your 3rd season??? (CHANNING FRYE), you're done.
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
1/6/2009  12:51 AM
Future good player.
"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/6/2009  5:45 AM
This post just goes to prove that everyone hatts Willson
I just hope that people will like me
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/6/2009  8:23 AM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Cosmic:

It seems to hold true.

KG showed it in his second year that there was something special there.

Dirk also showed in his second year that there was something special there.

Their third years solidified the fact that you had top notch players on your hands.

Kobe third year.

Paul Pierce again hints second year, for sure third year.

So, I gotta disagree with ya, and agree with those guys, Silas was one of them, that said, if a player isn't showing it by his 3rd year, you've got what you've seen.

We could probably drum up every star in the NBA and it'll show the same. By the third year you're CERTAIN they're a star! (or not) And, second, and in some cases, first year, they showed flashes.

Bosh Flashes 2nd year, certified 3rd year.

Howard etc....

So, Yeah, it is the truth, true stars show early, anyone who is going to be a star shows you the 3rd season.

You can do this for ANYONE you regard as an NBA star today.

It's a tried and true measuring stick. If you still stink in your 3rd season??? (CHANNING FRYE), you're done.

Really, third season?

Steve & Chauncy might disagree with you there:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/career_stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chauncey_billups/career_stats.html
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
1/6/2009  8:31 AM
By "Future Good Player" I assume you mean a "starter" who could start on most teams if they don't have a star in front of him? If that is correct, then that is where Chandler almost is right now. And still learning, growing and developing. I agree with Ira,....if he keeps developing, especially a solid outside shot, he could grow into a "star" type player.

Chandler was picked 23rd in the draft. Gaining "star" status would show tremendous dedication and talent from Wilson....and excellent coaching for D'A and his staff. Isiah drafted him (great pick) but last year, failed to really work with and develop Chandler.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Wilson Chandler Poll

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy