[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Interesting GS news...
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2001  5:08 PM
I don't like to root against a particular player, but we need a big man bad and hope that GS needs a point guard. From the Insider...

Hughes off to a rocky start with Warriors

Larry Hughes began his stint as the official Warriors point guard of the future Tuesday and then ended it where he ended much of the last two seasons -- nursing an injury on the bench.

Hughes, who is trying to make the transition from shooting guard to point guard to make way for rookie Jason Richardson, is confident he can run this team.

"I'm a leader by nature," Hughes told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I grew up fast and learned a lot. I have no problem moving to a spot known for guys leading the team, getting guys ready to play and doing things right on the court. I was always open to playing the point. In my mind, there's no doubt about it."

Hughes' previous stints at the point have been rocky. He has always been a shoot-first, pass-later type of guard. That will have to change if he's going to run the Warriors. It will be teammates Antawn Jamison's and Richardson's job to put the ball in the bucket.

Tuesday night, Hughes struggled a bit running the offense before he sprained his left foot and did not return. Results of X-rays were negative, though the Warriors don't have a timetable for his return.

Jamison believes that Hughes will take his game to another level and lead the Warriors to the promised land. "This is his team. . . . I don't think we can be successful without him. He's going to be a great piece of this puzzle. I know his skills, I know what he's capable of doing. [Point guard] is his position. Though he hasn't played it, he's always had the ball in his hands and made decisions. I see him as a point guard, a successful point guard."

And also: Hughes trying to point the way
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Interesting GS news...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy