[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

k-mart on the trading block?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
8/9/2003  5:13 PM
i just heard on wfan that k-mart was given an extension worth $70 mill. for six years from the nets and was insulted he did not get the max. he demanded a trade if he did not get the max. rumor has it that portland would be willing to part with wallace to get kenyon. if that happens, the nets are a definate lock to runaway with the east and give any team out west a run for their money. he refused $70 mill.? what is he smoking? i mean i think k-mart is a good player but he has never made it to the all-star team. he is not a great low- post scorer ( gets his points off of faceup jumpers alley-oops and fast break/ tip-ins). he has never avg. over 20 pts a game. so what makes him think he is worthy of the $100 mill. club? as amatter of fact, i think $70 mill. is a very generous offer for a player who is maybe second or third best player on the team. at least thorn won't get coerced into a stupid deal. if it was layzie, he would bite and give him the max.
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/9/2003  11:07 PM
I'd have to agree with that assessment. Who's gonna give him a big contract after going 3-23? Obviously he's a choker.

Seriously though... there are far too many other PFs in the game to consider him for a max contract who you'd probably rate higher than K-Mart, a guy w/ no go-to move.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/10/2003  10:27 PM
haha.. 70 mil for a guy with no handle, no shot, no offensive go to move, and a average rebounder..LOL!!! 70 Mil is more than generous, actually it is almost howard eisley-esque...LOL..

Martin should ralize, the nets did give him the max, they paid Jason Kidd 122 mil, part of that was martins money, and it went where it belonged, to the guy who basically made Kenyon Martin.... without kidds 10 good feeds per game where would martin be?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
8/10/2003  11:37 PM
i agree!This guy got the nerves to blame someone else for the lost of a championship.When Martin is one himself.CHOKER,LOL
!!!Knicks!!!
technomaster
USA
8/11/2003  5:06 AM
Ha! Howard Eisleyesque. Nice.

I think he's a good defensive player, though... like a big Bruce Bowen in terms of versatility on D. Or perhaps like a vintage Dennis Rodman (w/o the rebounding).
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/11/2003  1:14 PM
Umm... Andrew and/or Martin....

Shouldn't this thread be in the NBA Forum?
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
8/12/2003  8:38 PM
Odom gets 6 years $63 mil. Heat offer. Compared to K-MART's offer sheet, ODOM looks mighty overpaid or Nets is not offering enough.....Yep, K-Mart has Issues
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
technomaster
USA
8/17/2003  4:14 AM
Odom has more upside than K-Mart. After spending 4 years in college, K-Mart was drafted in 2000 and is 25 (26 in Dec). Odom was drafted in 1999 yet he's only 23 (24 in November).

Overall, Odom is more skilled, with the only major area K-Mart excelling at is defense. Odom is a better passer, playmaker, post-up guy, etc... at a younger age. However, you might argue that Odom's numbers have gotten worse every year in the league and that he hasn't gotten any better, whereas K-Mart is approaching his full (albeit lower) potential. You might even say that Odom, while sometimes brilliant, has a greater chance of becoming the next Tim Thomas (what the heck happened to him since his brilliant Pippenesque college days?!) than the next Pippen, Hill, or Magic.

Bobby
Member: #408
USA
8/17/2003  9:03 PM
I'm in agreement with some of the points you have stated....well put. K-Mart constantly shows improvement while being a major factor in NJ reaching finals back to back seasons. And you probably can make the case because of J.Kidd, K-Mart is the player he is today. Nevertheless, K-Mart buys into the system and produces results that merits near-max contract signing. By contrast, Odom is playing part time in the NBA, his last two seasons nearly totaled a single season play. Odom has a long way to go, and the best thing that could happen to Odom is buying into Riley's discipilnarian system. Whether or not Odom produces the same result K-Mart has achieved remains to be seen.

BTW, talking about Tim Thomas....what happen to Joe Smith?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
technomaster
USA
8/18/2003  5:17 PM
Yeah... what happened to Joe Smith? He's soft... or just lacks confidence. Or maybe his body just (quietly) broke down and can't take the regular beating. Maybe he's one of those "flashes of brilliance" guys. too many flashes, not enough brilliance.

I remember when Tim Thomas was touted by George Karl as a Shawn Kemp type of physical talent. Where has his athleticism gone? What happened to his all-around skills?

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

8/19/2003  6:34 AM
Some of these guys party more than work on theirgame nad strength and conditioning.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
k-mart on the trading block?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy