Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/20/2008  1:36 AM
hi-res http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/high.html
med-res http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/med.html
hi-def http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/hd/

ok, the "watchmen" graphic novel came out over 20 years ago, written by alan moore. this graphic novel was ahead of it's time and still holds up perfectly today. quite possibly the BEST comic ever written. watching this trailer (movie is coming out march 2009) made me go "whoa". this trailer took actual panels in the comic and put them to life. i can't believe how good this looks on screen.

if you're interested in watching this movie, please read the graphic novel. DO NOT GO TO WIKIPEDIA. READ THE NOVEL. it's that good.

for those that read it already, how SICK does this look?
AUTOADVERT
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

7/20/2008  8:43 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

hi-res http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/high.html
med-res http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/med.html
hi-def http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/hd/

ok, the "watchmen" graphic novel came out over 20 years ago, written by alan moore. this graphic novel was ahead of it's time and still holds up perfectly today. quite possibly the BEST comic ever written. watching this trailer (movie is coming out march 2009) made me go "whoa". this trailer took actual panels in the comic and put them to life. i can't believe how good this looks on screen.

if you're interested in watching this movie, please read the graphic novel. DO NOT GO TO WIKIPEDIA. READ THE NOVEL. it's that good.

for those that read it already, how SICK does this look?

Sorry I didn't even see this down here Dr. M looks almost Godlike. Zac Snyder always does great trailers and this is possibly one of the best movie trailers I've seen.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/20/2008  9:14 PM
The trailer hasn't done anything for me, but then again, I've never read the novel. My friends have been trying to force it on me, and if it's really as good as they say, I may have to check it out.

The CGI looks amazing, but the trailer doesn't make any sense to any casual fan that hasn't read the novel. I wonder how well it will actually do in the box office next year.
djsunyc
7/20/2008  9:59 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

The trailer hasn't done anything for me, but then again, I've never read the novel. My friends have been trying to force it on me, and if it's really as good as they say, I may have to check it out.

The CGI looks amazing, but the trailer doesn't make any sense to any casual fan that hasn't read the novel. I wonder how well it will actually do in the box office next year.

this graphic novel was written in 1985 by alan moore. he's the same guy that wrote the graphic novels of 300, league of extraordinary gentlemen, v for vendetta, and from hell. the story takes place in the 1970's (and when you read it, you will understand why the owl's costume looks hokey looking). i won't go into the plot but i will say this, it was completely ahead of it's time and the storytelling is used ALOT today. the producers of lost were heavily influenced by this and they based a big part of the show around the way moore told the story...through flashbacks, coincidences, fate, etc. in fact, some think the end story to lost is similar to the story here.

it was the first story to break superheroes down to actual people w/ flaws, not soda pop "here i come to save the day" stuff. it really is a very complex story that didn't fade over time - it still holds up very strong today. i read through it once and then i went back to read it again to catch all the little "brilliant" things i missed the first time. i can not say it enough, read the graphic novel - it's that good. time magazine listed it as one of the top 100 novels of all time.

there's no big names in the movie, that's why it's coming out before summer so it will need alot of PR and fan's word of mouth.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07-20-2008 10:08 PM]
djsunyc
7/20/2008  10:04 PM
bitty, take a look at these comparisons. zach snyder stayed true to the comic...it's quite amazing. yeah, the story is very complex, it will be interesting to see how they tell it.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/20/2008  10:29 PM
looks interesting... i will have to catch this one & see what it's all about.

i'd love to see a live action remake of old Japanimation classics too, like Akira.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bitty41

7/21/2008  9:22 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

bitty, take a look at these comparisons. zach snyder stayed true to the comic...it's quite amazing. yeah, the story is very complex, it will be interesting to see how they tell it.

If (and thats a bit IF) Snyder can pull off doing this graphic novel justice it will go down as the best adapation movie ever. Because the storyline is really that good imo. And this is coming from someone that considers Christopher Nolan & Christian Bale as pure Gold.
djsunyc
7/21/2008  9:37 AM
Posted by bitty41:

If (and thats a bit IF) Snyder can pull off doing this graphic novel justice it will go down as the best adapation movie ever. Because the storyline is really that good imo. And this is coming from someone that considers Christopher Nolan & Christian Bale as pure Gold.

christian bale's *menacing* batman voice = overacting...
bitty41

7/21/2008  10:42 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by bitty41:

Christian Bale will win an Oscar in the next 10 years book it!
djsunyc
7/21/2008  10:48 AM
Posted by bitty41:
Posted by djsunyc:

not for batman, that's for sure. bill cartwright's voice would've been better.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07-21-2008 10:48 AM]
bitty41

7/21/2008  12:17 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by bitty41:
Posted by djsunyc:

not for batman, that's for sure. bill cartwright's voice would've been better.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07-21-2008 10:48 AM]

I think his voice in Batman is sexy as hell and I would have no problem with that voice calling me up in the middle of the night for some lovin
watchmen trailer...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy