"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/11/2008  9:53 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

2 year deal for patrick o'bryant...

It was either him or Chris the bird Andersen
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BlacKat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1795
USA
7/11/2008  10:05 PM
POB is a decent center
When opportunity knocks, make sure you open the door !!!
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/12/2008  6:49 AM
Another nice pick-up by the Celts.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/12/2008  11:07 AM
O'Bryant stinks right now, but he's 21 and was basically a free talent. If we didn't have the albatrosses dotting our roster we could pick up players like this in periods of transition.
highfivesucka
Member: #1246
USA
7/12/2008  11:51 AM
damn... i had my eye on him ever since the warriors let him go :( if we were going to rebuild he would have been a low risk high reward kind of guy if he panned out
^precocious neophyte.
Bippity10
Member: #574
7/12/2008  11:59 AM
Perkins attitude and effort on the court changed immediately when he was paired with the leadership of Kevin Garnett. He will play that way for the rest of his career. Can never underestimate the power of leadership. Ainge has said that he is hoping Garnett can do the same with his other young acquisitions.

The Knicks need leadership like this before we can think we can develop every young guy ont he planet. Our influences the past few years have been nothing but negative and our young guys have learned very little about playing the game "the right way"
I just hope that people will like me
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
7/12/2008  12:42 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Perkins attitude and effort on the court changed immediately when he was paired with the leadership of Kevin Garnett. He will play that way for the rest of his career. Can never underestimate the power of leadership. Ainge has said that he is hoping Garnett can do the same with his other young acquisitions.

The Knicks need leadership like this before we can think we can develop every young guy ont he planet. Our influences the past few years have been nothing but negative and our young guys have learned very little about playing the game "the right way"

For those who can't read between the lines, what Bip is saying here is "I love Larry Brown".
https:// It's not so hard.
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

7/12/2008  12:55 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

I agree, but its not easy to find leadership like what Garnett brings on the court. He is in a league of his own in that category. The guys is part serious, part mickey mouse, part energizer bunny, part braveheart, part Larry Brown. Where the heck would you find someone like that. And all we could do was sit and watch Boston trade for him.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/12/2008  8:30 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

i think u'r severely selling short the leadership of guys like Marbury, Francis & Zach there Bip.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bippity10
7/12/2008  9:39 PM
Posted by loweyecue:
Posted by Bippity10:

I agree, but its not easy to find leadership like what Garnett brings on the court. He is in a league of his own in that category. The guys is part serious, part mickey mouse, part energizer bunny, part braveheart, part Larry Brown. Where the heck would you find someone like that. And all we could do was sit and watch Boston trade for him.

Guys like Garnett are few and far between. But there are plenty of leaders out there that can help your young guys. It's time we surrounded our young guys with people like that instead of the dregs we have surrounded them with. Imagine what type of player Eddie Curry might be if he had spent his entire career next to Kevin Garnett or Tim duncan. No guarantees but the odds get better.

To this day I still pattern my game after guys that I look up to. Kevin Ollie who I idolized in college was known for a great work ethic and never saying anything to anyone on the court. I loved his attitude. Someone would do something dirty to him and he would say nothing. he would just get them back on the other end. They'd be dirty he would come back by being twice as physical(within the rules) and never say a word. 14 years later I still react this way. Young guys in the pros respond to their leaders the same way. If the best players on the team kill themselves to win, the young guys tend to do the same things. Three or four guys like this can offset the fact that you don't have a KG on your team.
Bippity10
7/12/2008  9:41 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bippity10:

i think u'r severely selling short the leadership of guys like Marbury, Francis & Zach there Bip.

You're probably right but I am a lot like Larry Brown in that I take public shots at these guys for absolutely no reason
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/12/2008  9:48 PM
at least u didn't badmouth Turd James... then i'd have to call u a racist hatter.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
7/12/2008  10:11 PM
Awesome. I was flat out disgusted when the Celtics passed on him in the draft. How on earth could the Celtics pass on a guy named Patrick O'Bryant? I'm surprised the fans didn't burn that city down that night.
http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
celtics get another irish boy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy