[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So, how did we do last night?
Author Thread
lovespree
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #53
USA
10/10/2001  9:05 AM
The game was certainly disappointing. I mean we've been anticipating the start of the season for so long. One thing last nights game showed me is that we are going to have serious issues this year with our height -even with a bulkier Camby on the floor. San Antonio punished us on the boards - that's without Robinson being on the floor or Duncan having a good game. We finally start to grab a couple of rebounds when Felton came into the game. Regardless of his skills - he has some - his height and size alone dictates that he should be on the floor. We need taller bodies. There's just no getting around it. Sorry but Clarence Weatherspoon is not going to cut it. The whole team - ecxept Spree, looked like a team of reserves. Like Van Gundy had emptied his bench. Unless like Spreewell said - which doesn't look like they brought into as of last night - the guys make up for the lack of size by superior hustle play, we are in for a long disappointing season.

Also, did anyone notice Allan Houston last night? He was was almost invisible. But who showed up to play last night like he does most every night, Spree. I think the Knicks made a big mistake by re-signing Allan Houston. He's a great jump shooter but that's it. As we saw all of last year, when he's jumpers are not falling, he is totally out of the game. Because there are no other sides to his game. No defense, no slashing to the hole to draw fouls. With Spreewell you know that even if his shot is not falling - obviously your not always going to shoot well, he will find other ways to contribute. He's going to play defense, he's going to try to get to the hole, he'll make the hustle plays. Allan doesn't do that. We should have let Allan walk, moved Spree over to the two and then went after Webber with the extra money. When Spree played the two with the Warriors he averaged some where around 23 points something Allan has yet to do in his career. Since the Knicks are stuck with Allan Houston their best interest would be to try and help him develop into a more complete player.

Oh yeah, the little rookie point guard for the Spurs was ridiculous! He has soooo much speed. Was he in the draft this year? And if so, was there anyway the Knicks could have gotten him?
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
10/10/2001  11:43 AM
the rookie PG for the Spurs is Tony Parker only 19 years old from France selected by the Spurs with the final pick in the 1st round. and yes he impressed me too he is lightning quick and has a good feel for the game.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/10/2001  1:56 PM
Regarding the play of Houston...I'm hoping more and more that the Knicks signed him with the sole intention that he would be traded after a year. His play has not changed from last year. Uninspired. You are right on with your analysis lovespree. I'm not going to knock the Knicks deciding to sign him, because letting him go would not have freed up any cap space, but signing him to a contract that is way too big is going to limit his trade value. I can live with Spree at the 2 and Shandon at the 3. Thats 2 very good defenders on the floor at the same time.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/10/2001  7:25 PM
Tony Parker is definitly a good player. Don't forget he had 20 points and 7 assists in the 2000 Nike Hoop Summit as he outplayed Chris Duhon, Marcus Taylor and Omar Cook on that day.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2001  10:22 PM
For those of you who didn't catch the game, Ward did come off the bench before Eisly. Although they did play the same amount of minutes, I hope this is a situation where VG and the Knicks are show-casing him to Golden State.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/10/2001  11:26 PM
Posted by martin:

For those of you who didn't catch the game, Ward did come off the bench before Eisly. Although they did play the same amount of minutes, I hope this is a situation where VG and the Knicks are show-casing him to Golden State.
exception for foyle...
lovespree
Member: #53
USA
10/11/2001  11:32 AM
Yeah I think Foyle would be a decent choice. Too bad Marc Jackson - the center - snubbed us. I can't believe he'd rather play with the Rockets than the Knicks. We had a chance to talk with him when we got the exception from Longely. At first his agent was quoted as saying that the the exception the Knicks got was what they were waiting for. I guess for whatever reason, Houston was more attractive to him. He would have been a good addition.
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/11/2001  11:48 AM
Posted by lovespree:

Yeah I think Foyle would be a decent choice. Too bad Marc Jackson - the center - snubbed us. I can't believe he'd rather play with the Rockets than the Knicks. We had a chance to talk with him when we got the exception from Longely. At first his agent was quoted as saying that the the exception the Knicks got was what they were waiting for. I guess for whatever reason, Houston was more attractive to him. He would have been a good addition.
Houston offerred him more money per year and guaranteed playing time.
I'd take that.
So, how did we do last night?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy