[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rasheed Wallace Says NBA is Entertainment Not Real Basketball
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

6/2/2008  6:09 AM
He's made similar comments in the past. Last offseason he said the NBA was as fake as WWF. I thought it was so crazy how the NBA chose not to respond at all when they usually are so quick to fine anyone who speaks against the league's reffing. I guess they'd rather not even go down that road.

What do you think? Its not an impossible scenario that the NBA manipulates the league to promote certain stars and certain markets. We know its very possible that the lottery system has been tampered with... Ewing to the Knicks, Lebron to his hometown, #1 to Chicago, KG to Boston, Gasol to LA for Kwame. It's shady how its done behind closed doors in secret and then announced on TV. Is there a practical reason for that?

I thought the way Wallace hugged Garnett after game 5 was very telling.
It was like he thought the series was already over and had been decided behind the scenes. I think thats the way he feels about it.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/2/2008  7:51 AM
you do as your told on the NBA plantation
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mythfaze
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #106
6/2/2008  8:01 AM
He must be part of the fix then, cause if he played better than going 2-12 (0-6 from downtown) for 4 points 5 fouls and 3 turnovers - not to mention some pretty spotty defense at times - the Pistons would have been back at Boston for a game 7.
mythfaze
Member: #106
6/2/2008  8:04 AM
Plus, if you take his comments in context (this years, anyway - I don't remember exactly what he has said in the past) he's angry about the flopping. He's a tough guy who is used to playing more physical basketball and is frustrated with the fact a little bumping and banging is all of a sudden over the top and is called as an offensive foul.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/2/2008  8:38 AM
Posted by mythfaze:

He must be part of the fix then, cause if he played better than going 2-12 (0-6 from downtown) for 4 points 5 fouls and 3 turnovers - not to mention some pretty spotty defense at times - the Pistons would have been back at Boston for a game 7.

Exactly. He is the biggest reason the Pistons lost.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2008  8:54 AM
Rashweed is being a sore loser. He cannot control his temper and perhaps his tech in game 4 might have played an impact. 4 min left you go off on the refs?

Playa, what about his trade to the pistons? What about Billups not being 100%? What about just plain old losing?

This whole conspiricy thing gets old after a while.

Oh, Professional sports IS entertainment.

I doubt anything has changed. Ruth to the yankees, Debussure to the knicks, Earl to the knicks, Spygate, Shoeless joe, Broadway joe, Joe Frazier, Celtics 10 of 11, Canadians dominence, etc etc.

Pro sports is big money and always subject to coruption.

Rashweed's clown act is a shame as he can play and I am suprised his coaches put up with it.

Bad calls are part of the game. Sometimes it goes both ways. Sometimes it does not.

They could have taken the Celtics but he sucked.

He hugged KG every nite before the game.

Maybe the big money has corrupted Rashweed also. He has always been a bit selfish with his outburst to the detriment to his team, and its fans.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/2/2008  9:22 AM
There were a bunch of strange calles against Boston. The refs tried hard to extend this to 7 but Pistons sucked to much to take it. And Rashweed sucked big time...

[Edited by - arkrud on 06-02-2008 09:23 AM]

[Edited by - arkrud on 06-02-2008 09:31 AM]
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/2/2008  9:47 AM
I think one of the most surprising things about this season is how all the Donaghy game fixing talk just dissapeared. There's a lot of screwy stuff going on in the NBA.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/2/2008  10:50 AM
Rasheed is part of the big conspiracy too....how quickly he forgets.....

Anyone remember him being traded to atlanta and then traded after actually playing in one game for them to detroit? I think the nba made that **** up just to get Rasheed in detroit. I thought there were rules about not being able to trade a guy again that quickly? The deal atlanta got was pure non-sense.

Bottom line.....if he wants to talk conspiracy? Talk about some real social issues. Aint no such things as conspiracy's if you are making millions. My advice to dudes like Rasheed? Stfu....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/2/2008  11:05 AM
I wrote numerous post about the NBA's rules and it's officiating... I said that the league allowing flopping is a bad thing, and was headed down a slippery slope.... You take away hand checking, but can use a bent elbow, you make the circle in the lane to mark where guys can take offensive fouls, I mean too much tampering... the league should discourage big men taking charges and encourage them to go for blocks, the way they did in back in the day. And in order to do that, stop calling them for every foul when they go to block a shot and a guy just launches his body into the defender looking for a cheap foul..... the league has to get back to big men blocking shots, and allowing them to challenge shots...

the ticky tack fouls on the perimeter needs to be toned down, unless those fouls prohibit a player from moving where he wants, don't call it... There is nothing worse than watching vince and pierce, dribble on the perimeter, and when they can't get around the guy, the start flailing as if they were hit from behind by a mac truck, begging for fouls.. To me, it is just a terrible way to play the game...

Sheed wants to complain about floppingm then he needs to tell his own teamate RIP to stop with all the theatrics... RIP holds, he grabs, swings, and when the defender fights back, he goes into victim mode... It really is a joke, If I were the refs, I would say. You grab him, I will let him grab you. You push, him I will let him push you or call fouls on both of you and jump the ball up at center court...

[Edited by - tkf on 02-06-2008 11:08 AM]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/2/2008  11:09 AM
Posted by tkf:

I wrote numerous post about the NBA's rules and it's officiating... I said that the league allowing flopping is a bad thing, and was headed down a slippery slope.... You take away hand checking, but can use a bent elbow, you make the circle in the lane to mark where guys can take offensive fouls, I mean too much tampering... the league should discourage big men taking charges and encourage them to go for blocks, the way they did in back in the day. And in order to do that, stop calling them for every fould when they go to block a shot and a guy just launches his body into the defender looking for a cheap foul..... the league has to get back to big men blocking shots, and allowing them to challenge shots...

the ticky tack fouls on the perimeter needs to be toned down, unless those fouls prohibit a player from moving where he wants, don't call it... There is nothing worse than watching vince and pierce, dribble on the perimeter, and when they can't get around the guy, the start flailing as if they were hit from behind by a mac truck, begging for fouls.. To me, it is just a terrible way to play the game...

looking back, it started w/ the pistons and then continued by the knicks - that's what brought the league down b/c it slowed down the game and made it very ugly to watch.

combine that with the lack of player development in college (for those who even went to college) and the league had to implement a bunch of rules to increase scoring.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/2/2008  11:38 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by tkf:

I wrote numerous post about the NBA's rules and it's officiating... I said that the league allowing flopping is a bad thing, and was headed down a slippery slope.... You take away hand checking, but can use a bent elbow, you make the circle in the lane to mark where guys can take offensive fouls, I mean too much tampering... the league should discourage big men taking charges and encourage them to go for blocks, the way they did in back in the day. And in order to do that, stop calling them for every fould when they go to block a shot and a guy just launches his body into the defender looking for a cheap foul..... the league has to get back to big men blocking shots, and allowing them to challenge shots...

looking back, it started w/ the pistons and then continued by the knicks - that's what brought the league down b/c it slowed down the game and made it very ugly to watch.

combine that with the lack of player development in college (for those who even went to college) and the league had to implement a bunch of rules to increase scoring.

I agree to some extent, but lets admit this, the rules changed to help out lesser quality players.. Guys came out of college either great athlete with little skills or no skills and just tall..... the knicks played a brawling style, but that phased itself out to some degree... I think the lack of quality players was the reason why the league changed rules, that and sterns desire to appeal to the european market..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2

6/2/2008  12:16 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by tkf:

I agree to some extent, but lets admit this, the rules changed to help out lesser quality players.. Guys came out of college either great athlete with little skills or no skills and just tall..... the knicks played a brawling style, but that phased itself out to some degree... I think the lack of quality players was the reason why the league changed rules, that and sterns desire to appeal to the european market..

Stern changing rules to help out the euro market too huh... who are the players in the euro market ??? Don't get me started
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

6/2/2008  12:22 PM
Posted by Nalod:

No you are getting old

Ruth to the yankees, Debussure to the knicks, Earl to the knicks, Spygate, Shoeless joe, Broadway joe, Joe Frazier, Celtics 10 of 11, Canadians dominence, etc etc.

Well stop saying it hasn't escaladed by now in 2008

I mentioned hugging after the game not before

The point is the NBA superficial league is raising it's head and being exposed as being bogus. Nalod who else to believe than someone actually playing the game now .

TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

6/2/2008  12:25 PM
Posted by tkf:

I wrote numerous post about the NBA's rules and it's officiating... I said that the league allowing flopping is a bad thing, and was headed down a slippery slope.... You take away hand checking, but can use a bent elbow, you make the circle in the lane to mark where guys can take offensive fouls, I mean too much tampering... the league should discourage big men taking charges and encourage them to go for blocks, the way they did in back in the day. And in order to do that, stop calling them for every foul when they go to block a shot and a guy just launches his body into the defender looking for a cheap foul..... the league has to get back to big men blocking shots, and allowing them to challenge shots...

Sheed wants to complain about floppingm then he needs to tell his own teamate RIP to stop with all the theatrics... RIP holds, he grabs, swings, and when the defender fights back, he goes into victim mode... It really is a joke, If I were the refs, I would say. You grab him, I will let him grab you. You push, him I will let him push you or call fouls on both of you and jump the ball up at center court...

[Edited by - tkf on 02-06-2008 11:08 AM]

Now TKF this is the kind of post touching on the nuances of the game involving officiating and the game in general that was well articulated, written, and objective. Look I've come down on you in the past about getting on the refs from call-to-call....game-to-game because as your well thought out post reveals it's really a problem with the game itself and not so much the refs being totally incompetent at doing their job. This was somewhat my argument in that the calls they make good and bad generally balance themselves out over the course of a game and one call rarely determines the actual outcome of the game. There are a few isolated games you could pick out and say to yourself alright "I'm going to go get a loan from that ref because I know he just got paid" but overall the officiating is what it is. It's bad because the rules of the game are bad. Stern has brought the game down to UBER PUKETITUDE. Players these days do everything but play basketball. There's always these dumb little sideshows going on within the game that have zero to do with the game itself.

Look when I complained about Joey the other week because that Bald Headed Cancerous Zebra has agendas(keeping in mind the league put him on blast as you saw admitting wrong and sold him out because Stern has even greater Agendas) it was to express how one ref really should't be allowed to do his profession. The Lakers more than likely would have prevailed against SA even if Joey makes the call I think the Lakers had a foul to give, so they more than likely lose the game still but Joey Crack clearly blew the call swallowed his whistle turning his back on the court to signal game over and stayed that way for a while as if to say "I made the call Kiss My Ass Spurs, Duncan Hines, Popazit, and Desperate House Parker. I'm sick of Joey.

Once again I like what you had to say here.

I wish Stern would do the best thing he could ever do and that's walk away and let a real commissioner run this league like it's supposed to be ran. Fix the game first and you'll probably fix the refereeing to a large degree and the many other trouble areas of this sport.

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 06-02-2008 11:28 AM]
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/2/2008  12:27 PM
Good stuff guys.

The fact the NBA guys haven't been able to win in olympic play is directly related to Sterns tampering.

Basketball is basketball. The nba shouldn't have rules different from the rest of the world. There should be a world brand like Soccer. Soccer is a true global game cuz England can fly to trinadad to play (like they did over the weekend) and not have to adjust to different rules. Baseball is the same also except for the american/national league rules of course.

Its a damn shame.......but overall the american as we used to know it is grossly spoiled and flat out pussified©. Made in america is a joke. We going down people.....wait for it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
K22
Member: #1182
USA
6/2/2008  12:33 PM
It's funny that Sheed is likening the NBA to WWE but the season after the Pistons won the title, he was walking around with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt.

[IMG_block] http://bp1.blogger.com/_IVbZelwhp3k/R7vb_wTxSYI/AAAAAAAAABM/qDUQtMmi4xU/S220/sheed+belt.jpg [/IMG_block]

[Edited by - K22 on 2008-06-02 12:34 PM]
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
playa2

6/2/2008  1:03 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Good stuff guys.

The fact the NBA guys haven't been able to win in olympic play is directly related to Sterns tampering.

The only reason why we lost is stern didn't want the committee to put together a team with chemistry together and wanted to hypeup european play who's team has all the chemistry and time together over the USA....that's the only reason why they lost.

Stern wanted to make euros look better than what they were against american talent with that sloppy team he put together.

Whenever the NBA puts together a all-star team with chemistry and talent combined, no euro team can hang. NUFF SAID.

izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
6/2/2008  1:12 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Nalod:

No you are getting old

Ruth to the yankees, Debussure to the knicks, Earl to the knicks, Spygate, Shoeless joe, Broadway joe, Joe Frazier, Celtics 10 of 11, Canadians dominence, etc etc.

Well stop saying it hasn't escaladed by now in 2008

I mentioned hugging after the game not before

The point is the NBA superficial league is raising it's head and being exposed as being bogus. Nalod who else to believe than someone actually playing the game now .

Do you REALLY believe that there is a vast right wing conspiracy to destroy the NBA?!?!?!?
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
6/2/2008  1:13 PM
[IMG_block] http://zerotosixty.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/medium_dr_evil_1.jpg [/IMG_block]
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Rasheed Wallace Says NBA is Entertainment Not Real Basketball

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy