[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Lakers bandwagon
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/1/2008  10:46 PM
believe it or not this is not about the lakers bandwagon or any 1 player.

and when phil beats the celtics he will also be beating red auerbach for the greatest coach of all time in any sport

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/1/2008  11:11 PM
I have always been frustrated with the super teams that are created in one season like Boston. Houston with Barkley and Pippen and LA with Malone and Payton come to mind. Because of this I cannot root for Boston. I love Doc but he was nothing without KG. I have never liked Kobe and the Gasol trade should have been voided. I know that it helped out Memphis cap wise but they will not be able to get a player like Pau with the money they saved. I really was hoping San Antonio and/or Detroit would advance. I will watch the games because I can't stay away but I do not either team to win.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/1/2008  11:32 PM
Oh stop cryin'. Boston made legit trades to get their team. Its not like the Malone and GPayton to the Lakers free loading for rings. This team was nothing before, and they did it all right. You should WISH the Knicks could pull of a summer like that with PROFESSIONAL athletes that CARE ABOUT WINNING not their own stats or agendas.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/2/2008  12:35 AM
Boston made some great trades but they better win a title or else pretty soon they're gonna be on the hook for a couple of aging stars making huge bucks & little else coming up in terms of young talent to take their place.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
6/2/2008  5:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

Boston made some great trades but they better win a title or else pretty soon they're gonna be on the hook for a couple of aging stars making huge bucks & little else coming up in terms of young talent to take their place.

I don't buy that "they better win" stuff. They made those trades to try to get into a position where they're competing for championships for about a 3 year window. Win or lose, they've accomplished what they wanted to do with those trades. The fact that they were able to get into that position within a single season of being one of the very worst teams in the NBA is nothing short of remarkable.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
OT: Lakers bandwagon

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy