[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Anthony Randolph Was Born In Germany Does That Qualify Him As The Euro Some Have Begged For?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/21/2008  10:29 AM
do you see the knicks taking a gamble with #6? this would be a gamble right now. so will the italian kid. that's a tough sell especially considering we only have one more #1 over the next 2 years.
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
5/21/2008  11:03 AM
djsu - D'Antoni is a gamblin' kinda man and he may have enough of Donnie's ear to convince him to think different about the draft.

Especially if he roomed with Gallinari's pops.

This is where the two start earning their paychecks. I ain't worried.
once a knick always a knick
Member: #1126
USA
5/21/2008  11:12 AM
Posted by misterearl:

4949 - way too many turnovers?

where do you make this assessment? I understand in most cases we are limited to distilling second-hand information on many players but, have you ever watched Anthony Randolph play?

If not, how can you diss his skill set?

I didn't make it up. Go look at his stats. And if D'Antoni comes with a run and gun mentality, I don't think Randolph would fit here, especially if his 'specialty' is turnovers. We're trying to get away from one of the things that has killed us the most. Tunrovers.

If you think I'm making too much of his 'college' stats, then I would equally argue that you are making too much of his college defensive stats. From all signs, we are going to be an offensive team this next coming season. Ball handling is going to be a requirement.
I'll never trust this' team again.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/21/2008  11:14 AM
Randolph looks good, explosive and already has a jumper.. I say swing for the fences here... For me this draft was all about rose, because At his position, I thought he was off the charts athletically... Beasley, i don't see that.. I think beasley is a great player, but not off the charts at his position... A kid like randolph can be a beast down the road....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/21/2008  11:25 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

do you see the knicks taking a gamble with #6? this would be a gamble right now. so will the italian kid. that's a tough sell especially considering we only have one more #1 over the next 2 years.

DJ, we have to rebuild and we can't risk taking questionable prospects, or players who don't fit on the team, like combo scoring guards who don't play defense. I've never seen the guy play, but if he's what people say, then I wanna go after this kid. We need interior D' and we need big men who can play the team game at a high pace.

Besides, what have we learned in recent years, by taking the "Guy who can help right away?" It's absolutely killed us, but then again, Isiah always was a bad drafter.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Member: #1126
USA
5/21/2008  11:26 AM
Choose him if you want to, but we don't need a beast. We need smart players with skills and ready to follow orders. And that's all that's required.
I'll never trust this' team again.
misterearl
USA
5/21/2008  11:29 AM
4949 - all I need to know is one thing:

"NBA Comparison: Lamar Odom/Tayshaun Prince"

book it Dano
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/21/2008  11:39 AM
"NBA Comparison: Lamar Odom/Tayshaun Prince" - Its a left handed thing.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
misterearl
USA
5/21/2008  11:42 AM
"To the left... to the left..."

Sly Williams

Lonnie Shelton

Willis Reed

David Lee

The Honorable Dr Dick Barnett was also a lefty
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/21/2008  12:07 PM
Zach Randolph was a lefty!!!!!11!!! I'm convinced!!!
¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/21/2008  12:10 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

If it was me I would trade Lee for a high enough pick to take Mcgee and Randolph--where the F does anyone think this team is going that fast anyway? Rebuild the entire frontline with guys who can run with skills and length and next year we can find a guard or two in the draft.

I think that would be a real good plan at this point. Trade Lee for a 2nd lotto pick and rebuild the frontcourt. Get Randolph & Jordan or Randolph & Mcgee. Either way your going for 2 home run potential for your frontcourt.

We should explore trading Curry to Miami for Mark Blount, a future first, and this yrs 2nd.

We could then try and snatch Ramon Session from Miluakee using that early 2nd. I don't know how Bucks feel about him though.

Then get in heavy talks with Philly to take Randolph from us.

Cavs are also a team that probably would like to trade the #19pick for some more immediate help. I wonder if we could pawn Jamal Crawford, Rose & Collins on them for #19, Snow, Joe Smith, Damon Jones.

We would clean up the offseason with 3 first rd pick and the first pick in the 2nd rd. And would have unloaded 3 out of the 4 long term contracts to put us in position to be under the cap by 2010-2011. At #19 we would be in the range of Batum, CDR, Brandon Rush, or Devon Jefferson.

Blount/Jordan
Smith/Randolph/Jefferies
Chandler/Richardson/Balkman
Roberts/Robinson/Jones
Marbury/Session
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
misterearl
USA
5/21/2008  5:24 PM
crzy - you crack me up

(Zach Randolph was a lefty!!!!!11!!! I'm convinced!!!)

Bill Russell = a lefty with rings
misterearl
USA
5/21/2008  5:26 PM
Of course we all have our fantasy scenarios. Unfortunately, the transactions must happen in the real world with stubborn trading coompetitors.

If Donnie Walsh makes two positive incremental moves in his first season with the Knicks that will be something to celebrate.

eta 2010

[Edited by - misterearl on 05-21-2008 5:37 PM]
Masterplan
Member: #362
5/21/2008  5:50 PM
Posted by misterearl:

let the campaigning begin for the fashionable pick du jour Danilo Gallinari

"The top international player, 6-9 Danilo Gallinari, could move into the top six. Gallinari has point-guard skills and has drawn comparisons to one of D'Antoni's favorite players from the Phoenix Suns, small forward Boris Diaw. The fact that D'Antoni played and coached in Italy could also factor into the Knicks' decision."

- Frank Isola

"fashionable" pick? ha, doesn't he play for a team sponsored by Armani?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/21/2008  5:50 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:
Posted by BRIGGS:

If it was me I would trade Lee for a high enough pick to take Mcgee and Randolph--where the F does anyone think this team is going that fast anyway? Rebuild the entire frontline with guys who can run with skills and length and next year we can find a guard or two in the draft.

I think that would be a real good plan at this point. Trade Lee for a 2nd lotto pick and rebuild the frontcourt. Get Randolph & Jordan or Randolph & Mcgee. Either way your going for 2 home run potential for your frontcourt.

We should explore trading Curry to Miami for Mark Blount, a future first, and this yrs 2nd.

We could then try and snatch Ramon Session from Miluakee using that early 2nd. I don't know how Bucks feel about him though.

Then get in heavy talks with Philly to take Randolph from us.

Cavs are also a team that probably would like to trade the #19pick for some more immediate help. I wonder if we could pawn Jamal Crawford, Rose & Collins on them for #19, Snow, Joe Smith, Damon Jones.

We would clean up the offseason with 3 first rd pick and the first pick in the 2nd rd. And would have unloaded 3 out of the 4 long term contracts to put us in position to be under the cap by 2010-2011. At #19 we would be in the range of Batum, CDR, Brandon Rush, or Devon Jefferson.

Blount/Jordan
Smith/Randolph/Jefferies
Chandler/Richardson/Balkman
Roberts/Robinson/Jones
Marbury/Session

Newyork, I've always wondered, as well, if Miami would take Zach Randolf or Curry off our hands for Mark Blount. If we could get them to do that, we're in good shape. Better hope Chicago decides to take Beasley though, if that's the case
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2008  11:24 PM
Isiah is going to find away to waste this pick on Euro no one else has ever heard of. He will play a role but will be tragically flawed. In traditional Isiah fashion, the player will be under contract and the buyout will cost the Knicks millions.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
misterearl
USA
5/22/2008  6:35 AM
Gloom and Doom

It will be interesting to see how Walsh and D'Antoni re-shape this team. Many people have said that D'Antoni is a wrong fit for this team - that couldn't be further from the truth. It's true that D'Antoni is an offensive-minded coach and the Knicks are not exactly filled with offensive mega-stars right now. However, it's a foregone conclusion that there will be major personnel changes on this team, salary cap issues or not.

But in the present, the Knicks need to rebuild one piece at a time. And despite the bad luck in the lottery, the No. 6 pick is in the draft is a good place to start.

dboroff@nydailynews.com

[Edited by - misterearl on 05-22-2008 06:35 AM]
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/22/2008  11:05 AM
Posted by CrushAlot:

Isiah is going to find away to waste this pick on Euro no one else has ever heard of. He will play a role but will be tragically flawed. In traditional Isiah fashion, the player will be under contract and the buyout will cost the Knicks millions.

So Isiah is going to be making the pick for Walsh? Not only does that not make any sense, but when Isiah was in charge of drafing prospects, he was never fond of Euro players anyway. So now, with absolutely no power at all, and no job title, he's going to make the pick for us and he's going his own preferences and this time he will draft a Euro-player? These conspiracy theories are getting out of hand.
misterearl
USA
5/22/2008  4:17 PM
Uptown - Isiah never went to Europe to scout Gallinari. He detoured over to Saudi Arabia, and the moment Bush checked out of his hotel, he was lobbying the sheik to bump up the price on a barrel of oil.

$4 gasoline is Isiah's fault.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2008  4:50 PM
Regarding Isiah's role. This is taken from Hahn's blog yesterday.

Isiah Thomas was over in Europe on a scouting mission to take a gander at Danilo Gallinari and a few other prospects, but he also saw Papaloukas. Some compare his game to Tracy McGrady. Some think he's overrated.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
If Anthony Randolph Was Born In Germany Does That Qualify Him As The Euro Some Have Begged For?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy