[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KG WILL BE ON THE MARKET NEXT YEAR !!!
Author Thread
KARNIVORE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #382
Nigeria
7/15/2003  1:22 PM
NESTER just signed with the SPURS !!! KG has no reason to stay in minny !!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/15/2003  1:39 PM
And??????
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
7/15/2003  1:42 PM
ROFL..........ROFL........... he will play for the.........ROFL......... SPURS or NETS !!! not the knicks... u won't get me to bite on that bait !!! lol....
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/15/2003  8:33 PM
To hell with the spurs and the goddamn nets already! KG would be making the best move of his career coming to NY.

If we aggressively clear enough cap room this year, KG in NYK could be a realistic possibility.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/15/2003  9:08 PM
Then let's be aggressive. But how....Thoughts?

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/15/2003  9:35 PM
The reason why NESTO LEFT MINNY is that KG WANTS ANOTHER "GANGSTER BIG MAN" on his squad not some soft foreign dude, who he really gets on at times.He has Cassel now who fits the bill, but he's just a lil guard.KG makes too much "JACK" for any other big name guy to wanna go there in free agency. IMHO
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2003  9:38 PM
Well we can trim our cap byu doing a few things:

• The PG spot: Ward and Eisley both make 6mil this year... If we can sign Speedy Claxton for less and trade Eisley and buy out Ward, it will be worth it.

• The PF spot: McDyess' 13.5M comes off after this season; Trade Spoon hopefully for someone who comes off next year too.

• Not make any more ass-backwards moves: No half-assed free agents for star money. We've been there, and done that.

• The C position: Travis Knight has gotta go, and will after this year; KT may have to be part of a big trade to get a KG-Level player over here.

• Spree: See how he is this year(if he uses his player option which I don't think he will)- if he picks up his game, then maybe we could give him a 1 or 2 MLE-type deal but if not then if we can get a solid player with upside we gotta make the move.

• Allan: This cat makes way too much money to keep for the duration of his contract for his age (he'll be 35 making 20 MILLION when his contract is up!). If next year comes and KG wants to be in NY, I say make H20 part of the sign-&-trade.

Gimme some feedback on these moves...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/15/2003  9:45 PM
Minny has a shooting guard in W. scerbiack WHO KG isnt that fond of. Mentioning Houston is absolutely meaningless when it comes to Layden in tradetalks. He values Characther more than anything else.McHale doesn't want to make any moves concerning the knicks, he has saidd that on many occassions.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2003  9:53 PM
Posted by playa2:

Minny has a shooting guard in W. scerbiack WHO KG isnt that fond of. Mentioning Houston is absolutely meaningless when it comes to Layden in tradetalks. He values Characther more than anything else.McHale doesn't want to make any moves concerning the knicks, he has saidd that on many occassions.

It's possible that can change by this time next year...
McHale would rather deal with us than watch KG walk without Minny getting anything. However, if McHale is that pigheaded, he deserves to be left high and dry after KG walks.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/15/2003  10:45 PM
What makes you think Minny would want to pick up Houstons contract even if they are getting something in return for KG? They wont want Houston and I am pretty damn sure teams with more/better pieces to trade will jump right on the KG bandwagon.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/16/2003  12:12 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

What makes you think Minny would want to pick up Houstons contract even if they are getting something in return for KG? They wont want Houston and I am pretty damn sure teams with more/better pieces to trade will jump right on the KG bandwagon.

I mentioned Houston because his contract kills our cap long term. KG is a franchise player, and Houston is not (but is making franchise money). Whether he'd go in the KG trade or not is not as much of an issue as the fact that he and that contract) would have to go so there would be adequate room for a true franchise player and the contract he'd deserve. I am looking at this issue hypothetically as if KG wanted to come to NY.

BTW, if KG leaves Minny next year, they could continue to build the team around Olowokandi.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/16/2003 00:38:03]
KG WILL BE ON THE MARKET NEXT YEAR !!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy