[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2 Yrs Of College To Be Mandated By The NBA
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

4/7/2008  7:44 PM
The NBA and NCAA are going to announce today an agreement to require players to stay in college 2 years before they can turn pro. This will require a change to the NBA Players Associations collective bargaining agreement to become official, so it's not a done deal yet.

If this gets approved, this will be the most racist and subjective policy in professional sports. It already is but now it will be certified. Here's why;

10. MLB has these "academies" for recruiting and developing talent in the DOmincan Republic. The age starts at 10 and very few players go to college at all and many have fraudulent documentation and do not have high school diplomas.

9. THe NHL has many players from Europe and Canada who have never been to college and also have suspect documentation. They have an age requirment of 18.

8. To serve in the US military and have the opportunity to get your limbs blown off and come back to lack of veteran services and a formidable income, you have to be 18. You can protect the liberties of the U.S. and not have the right to throw your hat in for a spot in the NBA?

7. Tennis has no age or education minimum standards.

6. Professional boxing has no age, background or age limitations.

5. Soccer on a national or international level has any age or educational standards.

4. In the case of Microsoft, they were hit with antitrust fines accusing them of monopolizing computer software. The NCAA and the NBA eliminate any options of playing amatuer or pro ball unless you are making them money. What are the options?

3. This is a blatant tactic that would not be accepted in any other sports, entertainment or employment field.

2. International players are not subject to this rule but can play in the NBA?

1. It kills the opportunity for black young men to take a risk that can be very lucrative. It id basically a denial for the pursuit of happiness and the American dream. It is discriminatory because the Latins in MLB don't have to do this, the Canadians and Europeans do not have to do these minimums and the soccer league damn sure does not check the certification of documents for Africans or South Americans.

If I was the father of top level prospect(f he is looking like the next Lebron) I would have my son apply for dual citizenship in another country ,Bahamas ,Jamaica,Mexico. I would do it early on before 10th grade. . Lebron had to make at least 30 -70 mil in endorsements his first 2 years. If the NBA gave me grief I would take the US citizenship and trash it ,and have my son pick up his check.
Wouldn't it be crazy to see our US National Basketball team members defect to Cuba citing persecution as reason for defecting.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Siar617
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1742
USA
4/7/2008  7:47 PM
im wondering how many kids will opt to go over seas now
jesus617 walks
playa2

4/7/2008  7:50 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7996718/Sources:-NBA,-NCAA-hope-to-impose-new-age-limit-rule

I have been telling you all that the NCAA and the NBA are in bed together and have the nerve to deny young men to make a living in this free america

I wonder if the players union will go along with this mess.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Siar617
USA
4/7/2008  7:58 PM
the players union is weak they will cave
players should look to euro leaques the money is soon to be better
and the economy is def better
jesus617 walks
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/7/2008  8:01 PM
What about the NFL? They have similar policies.

Now, I'm not saying I disagree with you. I wouldn't call it "racist" but something along the lines of "class discriminatory." All these kids go tot he pros out of school because they typically come from poor areas in the inner city where blacktop is a way of life and an escape. I think it is unfair to not allow these kids to get there families out of the street.

I do love NCAA men's hoops. This is a move to get college hoops to be as relevant as used to be and I like this very, very much.

The compromise, I think, is to stop pretending like these are amateur athletes. They make their schools and the NCAA a lot of money. These kids should get some...
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

4/7/2008  8:04 PM
Stern says the NBA will be gloabal in the next decade I wonder how this age limit will factor into this.
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
playa2

4/7/2008  8:04 PM
My point I made in my other threads(off topic) about this topic.

Why do euro's treat their young players better(allow them to make money) than we do in the states?

I can't wait to hear all the pro NCAA guys to spit on this topic!
Siar617
USA
4/7/2008  8:06 PM
i hope when the nba goes global our kids hit the euro leaque
its long over due
jesus617 walks
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/7/2008  8:31 PM
Posted by playa2:

Why do euro's treat their young players better(allow them to make money) than we do in the states?

Europe has an better minor league system in place.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/7/2008  8:36 PM
If you guys think about it just how many players really leave for the NBA after one year. Not many do leave after the first year. This is more of the NBA BS. This called is the gradual increase first it go to college for a year now its go to college for two and in a few years its going to be go for three years and in another year or two later they will change rule to get the full four years out of the players. This is a joke.
playa2

4/7/2008  8:41 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by playa2:

Europe has an better minor league system in place.

Only because they are not sleeping with the NCAA like the NBA is doing.

The NBA should posses the best minor league basketball system in the world...oh they do the so called (amateur) NCAA

bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

4/7/2008  8:44 PM
You can look at college athletics two ways: You can either allow the system to use you or you can use the system to your advantage. The system will milk you for everything you have mind, body soul, if you allow it. But most athletes are smart enough to realize that you have to turn the tables on the system to be successful. You bust your ass in the class room never take your eye of that Bachelors and then bust your ass some more on the field and court.
Andrew
USA
4/7/2008  8:49 PM
playa, you do also realize that the players are not required to attend college, just be of a certain age. This applies to the international players as well.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
playa2

4/7/2008  8:50 PM
There should be an alternative to playing in the NCAA bitty, why is that so hard to understand.
playa2

4/7/2008  8:52 PM
Posted by Andrew:

playa, you do also realize that the players are not required to attend college, just be of a certain age. This applies to the international players as well.

That means euro's can get paid right in their back yard, no traveling required at 16 yrs of age. Pretty convienient

Andrew
USA
4/7/2008  8:58 PM
Jeff Goodman’s April 7, 2008 post on FoxSports.com erroneously reported that NCAA President Myles Brand and NBA Commissioner David Stern would make a joint announcement regarding NBA age limits. The NCAA has no role whatsoever regarding the NBA age policy or its collective bargaining process. The scheduled joint announcement is on a completely different topic.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

4/7/2008  8:58 PM
NCAA just might be the most crooked organization in American Business. It's not for profit but everything it does in terms of sports and scholarships is all about money. Good grief some rep today I believe from North Carolina said their school loses money going to the tournament. I was thinking what a disgraceful thing to publicly say. These schools are upset the venues of where the games are played don't allow them to take advantage of their customer base. If they don't advance in the tourney they lose millions in possible dollars garnished. To counter or recuperate some of the losses, they use brokers to sell tickets but sanction coaches and athletes to not do the same. They pass out extra tickets to staff and athletes as a provision from the university for family and friends but when they fall in a rut to get rid of them, they don't have the same options/avenues/luxury to rid themselves of the tickets. All because they more than likely can sell(and do so without getting caught) at a higher profit margin. How hypocritical is this, scalping is scalping no matter if you're going through a broker or not. I hate the NCAA and amateur sports.
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/7/2008  9:13 PM
Posted by bitty41:

You can look at college athletics two ways: You can either allow the system to use you or you can use the system to your advantage. The system will milk you for everything you have mind, body soul, if you allow it. But most athletes are smart enough to realize that you have to turn the tables on the system to be successful. You bust your ass in the class room never take your eye of that Bachelors and then bust your ass some more on the field and court.

trust me when I say this bitty, playa will have nothing to say to your post, and he hasn't had any retort to any of my posting on similar subjects in about 5 different threads. "Whoa is me and the young athlete in America who are getting used and abused and plantation-ized compared to their Euro counterparts", that's about it.

I feel like all of the minimum wage teenage McDonalds workers are being taken advantage or by corporate hound dogs who make millions off the the backs of our youth. And those burger flippers don't get an education either!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bitty41
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1215

4/7/2008  9:31 PM
Posted by playa2:

There should be an alternative to playing in the NCAA bitty, why is that so hard to understand.

Hey no one is handcuffed. Okay play in a rec league play at your local Girls and Boys Club. Playa what are you looking for the NBA is the best league in the world in terms of earning potential so I cannot blame Stern for wanting to protect the integrity of the game which slowly is deteriorating with the crappy play that has become the norm through most of the league.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/7/2008  9:48 PM
I like seeing some of these top prospects battle it out in the NCAA. I would have loved to see Amare vs Wade vs Bosh vs Melo vs Lebron vs Howard. Granted some would have enterd the draft before another one came out.

In the long run this might be better since it will force athletes to take school more seriously. Maybe generations down the road will evolve because of this and overall the majority black athletes will become more sussessfull than in just basketball.

Sure its all about the money, but it could also have a huge positive effect down the road anyway.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
2 Yrs Of College To Be Mandated By The NBA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy