[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THE FAKERS LINE UP NEXT YEAR!
Author Thread
Nix20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #428
USA
7/12/2003  1:33 PM
The lakers picked up malone,and payton and now they are thinking of picking up mason from the bucks. thats a scary ass line up. but i dont think they will play good together, they have 4 20+pts scorers i think alot of the the players will be bitching about getting the ball. they will win next year but hopefully they dont. **** the fakers
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/12/2003  1:59 PM
All those cats and ONE ball??? Hahaha....

I am prayin' for their DOWNFALL already. With Mase in the lineup alongside modest fellas like Malone, Shaq and Kobe, I am SO SURE that the LA Fakers locker room will be a real harmonious environment.

One Team, too many swelled heads (including the coach). Let the Fakers crash, burn and perish in the flames of their own egos.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
RonRon
Member: #246
7/12/2003  2:56 PM
your right, malone and payton are prolly use to taking 12-20 shots a game. But u fail to understand that there they also contritube in other areas, Malone, is a great rebounder, decent defender and has the ability to pass. He is about as strong as they come, for his size. I think Payton has passed his prime and is on a downfall, however, he is still known as one of the top PGs who can defend, steal, rebound for his position, and take the basket to the hole.

With this said, it doesnt mean they will have this karma, but they surely have the defensive presence alone to scare many teams. The problem is, would they still be able to hit the shots with less defenders and keep a goood percentage with the limited shots compared to their careers. I think if they should they should go for a player like elden cambell once again. They have some young guys that are developing quite nice too, george, rush, pargo, and walton.

If anyone has watched last years game with lakers, they should acknowledge that lakers werent the defenders the x champions once were. Also having someone that has the ability to hit wide open shots wasnt always there. Fisher helped someitmes, sometimes it was george, horry didnt do much last year, and fox was wack after doug christie uppercutted him. generally those guys were never consistant on either ends of the court. One thing is sure, malone and payton is a great upgrade over their roster last year. I think they shoulda targeted another played rather than payton though, I see pargo and rush (although plays SG) can pick up the slack and perform if given the minutes with their shaq, kobe, malone, it really doesnt take much, just play defense and hit wide open shots....
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/12/2003  7:05 PM
I admit, I want them to crash and burn too... :) I'm with Hardcore and Nix20 on this one.

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/12/2003  9:38 PM
One thing I believe is this , when guys are willing to give up cash to play somewhere else to win a title, you don't have to worry about them fitting in. The newcomers will do what ever kobe and Shaq and Jackson want them to do to help them win. Malone won't be griping and neither will Payton about shots they want and need a ring so bad all they want to do is win one title. But on the other hand the only one who might gripe about shots is Kobe, he is in his contract yr this yr.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
masterjedidarkcaster
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #423
USA
7/12/2003  9:50 PM
Posted by Nix20:

The lakers picked up malone,and payton and now they are thinking of picking up mason from the bucks. thats a scary ass line up. but i dont think they will play good together, they have 4 20+pts scorers i think alot of the the players will be bitching about getting the ball. they will win next year but hopefully they dont. **** the fakers

Man, this scenerio reminds me of one of the past....a certain PF by the name of Dennis Rodman was signed by the Bulls in the late 90's. Everyone and I MEAN EVERYONE said that there is no way in hell that his coach could make him play for the team. Hmmm....what was that coach's name? Could someone help me out with that? And I wonder, they didn't win any championships after they got Rodman right? They just sunk to the bottom of the Central Division.

Oh wait, that's it: Phil Jackson was their coach and they became the 72-10 Bulls that dominated for years to come.

As much as I want to see the Lakers fail, they will not. The gods have smiled upon them yet again. Chick Hearn is jumping for joy at the pearly gates at the sight of this lineup.
The King is dead! Long live Queen James I !
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/12/2003  10:27 PM
Yeah yeah..good for them. I live here in L.A., so I hear enough Kobe-worship to last a lifetime...that's why I hang out in joints like these, where people actually know who Willis Reed is...

Now It's time to rebuild the reputation of Mecca-basketball. Let L.A. worry about L.A.

Cheers-

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/13/2003  12:51 PM
Amen.

Enough hooplah about the damn Lakers (and the Nets) already...

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
THE FAKERS LINE UP NEXT YEAR!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy