[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

C. Ford reports, Mourning to Nets!!
Author Thread
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
7/11/2003  10:43 AM
HMMM... does this mean Kidd is staying in New Jersey? Very interesting....
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/11/2003  11:45 AM
DAMMITT!! This is all we need....

What the hell is Scott Laydown gonna do now?!?!?!?

I just heard that the deal is in... Zo to NJ, Kidd to re-sign.
http://nydailynews.com/front/breaking_news/story/99941p-90391c.html

Either Laydown does something MAJOR by training camp or HE HAS GOT TO GO.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/11/2003 11:47:07]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Pike
7/11/2003  11:57 AM
layden just lets the world pass him by... he's a total NONE EVENT!

Yep, ESPN reporting Mourning signing 4 year deal after reaceiving assurances Kidd's re-signing with Nets. The EAST fights back... even though we remain at the bottom of the barrel.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
7/11/2003  1:10 PM
the nets improved?

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
7/11/2003  1:45 PM
Why is this a big deal? Mourning will be lucky if he can even play. If he plays, he'll help the Nets a little, maybe, but I see no reason why this has anything to do with Layden currently. Layden certainly messed up the cap situation, but we already knew that, he did that 3 years ago. How does NJ signing an over-the-hill choker have anything to do with Layden? We didn't want 'Zo, at least I hope we didn't, so the Nets having him makes no difference.

Layden's job is based on the Knicks making the playoffs next season. That's it. If the team is in the basement come All-Star break, then he could go then, but don't be so foolish as to think he will be fired based on what happens in free agency. The centers we are after are Rasho, then Kandi, and if we can't get them, we go for cheaper journeymen or we keep KT. Those are the options. They're not trying to build a championship team, so stop pretending they're going to.

With Milwaukee giving up its playoff spot next year, the Knicks can probably get 7 or 8. That's the real goal. No one is expecting the Knicks to compete with the Nets. Get over it.
prodson
Colombia
7/11/2003  1:57 PM
we don't have to be politically correct to want layden fired.

if we want him fired then maybe you need to get over it. you are talking about making the playoffs. we haven't made te playoffs in two years. were you in a time machine the last two years?
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/11/2003  2:33 PM
The knicks are in a bad spot right now. They have no money to give and have a terrible team, and yet everyone expects us to sign people. What free agent in their right minds would come here unless we were the only option? haha.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
7/11/2003  2:47 PM
Exactly, Dave. What are people expecting?

prod, what do you mean "politically correct"? I'm talking about being realistic. And, yes, I expect people to be realistic. If you want Layden to be fired, then all you have to do is hope for the Knicks not to make the playoffs. If you want the Knicks to make the playoffs, then give up on the "fire Layden" chants.

Layden is a bad GM for so many reasons, but 'Zo going to NJ and some people's unrealistic and inexperienced viewpoints on the Pat Ewing trade are not the reasons why. Just because he sucks doesn't mean people get to blame him for stuff he didn't do wrong.

Anyway, no more forums until camp begins. There's no point discussing the Knicks until they start playing again. I don't think the Knicks will be able to make any big moves, unless they find a taker for Spree, which is doubful.
prodson
Colombia
7/11/2003  2:57 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

prod, what do you mean "politically correct"? I'm talking about being realistic. And, yes, I expect people to be realistic. If you want Layden to be fired, then all you have to do is hope for the Knicks not to make the playoffs. If you want the Knicks to make the playoffs, then give up on the "fire Layden" chants.
i can't speak for the next man but as far as me i get mad because i'm tired of seeing other franchises " do their thang" by making the logical decisions and choices and signing's and i have to be constantly reminded that the knicks

SUCK!

i don't get excited about making the playoffs when i know that they are going to be skull-dragged in the first round.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/11/2003  3:21 PM
When it comes to the reasons the Knicks are in their current position, it has everything to do with Scott LayDown. It makes NO sense that the most (or second-most) capped out team in the league can't make the playoffs two years straight.

Scott LayDown can't avoid being held accountable for this travesty.

Lastly, I will "get over it" when The Knicks "get over" Laydown (and hopefully Dolan too), and start making some real moves to get the Knicks back in their rightful place- in contention for an NBA title.

Alot of those who post on these boards feel the same way I do.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/11/2003  4:00 PM
Sometimes layden not making a move or signing is the right way to go...remember the mutombo trade involving kt last year that people were upset we didnt make? that would have been a terrible move for us... i dont think zo will be effective with the nets, although it doesnt hurt them to sign him (except for cap reasons)
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Pike
7/11/2003  5:19 PM
... you gotta really use your imagination to attempt to defend the clown... better known as Layden.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/11/2003  10:16 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

When it comes to the reasons the Knicks are in their current position, it has everything to do with Scott LayDown. It makes NO sense that the most (or second-most) capped out team in the league can't make the playoffs two years straight.

Scott LayDown can't avoid being held accountable for this travesty.

Lastly, I will "get over it" when The Knicks "get over" Laydown (and hopefully Dolan too), and start making some real moves to get the Knicks back in their rightful place- in contention for an NBA title.

Alot of those who post on these boards feel the same way I do.

Patience is a virtue and thats what we need to do during this free-agent frenzy. Currently, as of now, no team in the NBA wants any of the knicks players and Laydown can't sign anyone to a lucrative deal. We must wait until most of the signings take place especially with the big guns out west. I'm sure when the top teams such as LA,S.A, SAC,NJ complete their transactions, teams such as Dallas, Portland,Houston and a few out east will be looking for some power fowards and shooting guards to compete with the big guns. That's where some of the knicks players will finally interest some clubs out there. Ex.Sprewell, Kurt T.. and at the same time they'll be a few big men available such as Elden Campbell who i think is a legit 7'1 280pd center that can help the knicks big time. Knicks can look for decent, blue collar guys for the exception. Laydown is looking to make the team younger,longer and at the same time minimize the cap. We just have to wait and see, that's all...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/12/2003  1:41 PM
When Laydown starts making legit moves (outside of the draft, which I thought were good moves), I can agree with you. Like I said in my first post in this thread...

"Either LayDown does something MAJOR by training camp or HE HAS GOT TO GO."

What I define as "major" is modifying our roster enough to get back in contention. We also need to keep an eye on this cap, long-term. No more ass-backwards deals overpaying players who aren't worth that kind of money, for too many years to even move them is the need arises.

If Dolan has "backed off" like you believe he's doing, then there should be enough positive changes made to show that LayDown cares as much as you think he does- by training camp.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/12/2003  9:32 PM
For the last 15 yrs besides the last 2, you fans have been drinking ya gin and juice at home not spending a dime at the gate seeing the Knicks in playoffs consistantly and in the mean time teams that's improving have been mad for yrs that their own team couldn't make a dent in the playoffs. Like def+reb said get over it we can't make dice knes work or take back those big contracts. We are back on the right track now so give it time , knicks gave ya 15 straight!!!!!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
masterjedidarkcaster
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #423
USA
7/12/2003  9:43 PM
Patience is a virtue and thats what we need to do during this free-agent frenzy. We just have to wait and see, that's all...

Unfortunately, my friend, we live in NY. We needed things yesterday, we do things in a new york minute and we like our team to actually WIN. Layden needs to keep up with the comings and goings or else another GM will be coming and he'll be GOING.

Front office silence does not bode well for a fan who has watched his team crumble apart in the last 2-3 years. A GM who trades a high lottery pick away on a CHANCE.....it was nothing more than a chance and you know it......of getting a orthoscopically re-built McDyess (not even the healthy one of the first go-around with the Nuggets) has either a) being lobotomized without anyone else knowing or b) is too dumb to be a GM in NY. if McDyess comes back in mid-season, great. Wonderful. Super. But it will only be for a half-season. If he shines, oh well. We can't re-sign him unless we do manuvers. So bye-bye, Dice. If he's still the limp Dice, we wasted a lottery pick that could have brought talent the likes of Caron Butler or Amare Stoudamire. Lose-Lose if you ask me.

I know: could, would, should is all in the past. But, the past tends to repeat itself. And so far, all's quiet on the Layden front. Does silence mean the calm before the storm or the readiness to wave the White Flag in surrender? Only time will tell.

[Edited by - masterjedidarkcaster on 07/12/2003 21:44:08]

[Edited by - masterjedidarkcaster on 07/12/2003 21:45:58]
The King is dead! Long live Queen James I !
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/14/2003  1:14 AM
Posted by masterjedidarkcaster:
Patience is a virtue and thats what we need to do during this free-agent frenzy. We just have to wait and see, that's all...

Unfortunately, my friend, we live in NY. We needed things yesterday, we do things in a new york minute and we like our team to actually WIN. Layden needs to keep up with the comings and goings or else another GM will be coming and he'll be GOING.

Front office silence does not bode well for a fan who has watched his team crumble apart in the last 2-3 years. A GM who trades a high lottery pick away on a CHANCE.....it was nothing more than a chance and you know it......of getting a orthoscopically re-built McDyess (not even the healthy one of the first go-around with the Nuggets) has either a) being lobotomized without anyone else knowing or b) is too dumb to be a GM in NY. if McDyess comes back in mid-season, great. Wonderful. Super. But it will only be for a half-season. If he shines, oh well. We can't re-sign him unless we do manuvers. So bye-bye, Dice. If he's still the limp Dice, we wasted a lottery pick that could have brought talent the likes of Caron Butler or Amare Stoudamire. Lose-Lose if you ask me.

I know: could, would, should is all in the past. But, the past tends to repeat itself. And so far, all's quiet on the Layden front. Does silence mean the calm before the storm or the readiness to wave the White Flag in surrender? Only time will tell.

[Edited by - masterjedidarkcaster on 07/12/2003 21:44:08]

[Edited by - masterjedidarkcaster on 07/12/2003 21:45:58]

When i said for the knicks to be patient, i'm referring to the current offseason with all the free-agent frenzy going on. WHat do you personally expect Layden and the knicks to do, really?? WHat can they do when the team is capped out and no teams so far is interested in their players??? So far, LAyden took the right step by keeping all 3 picks and filling them with current needs. As for trading the 7 th pick last yr, Layden took a risk on McDyess based on reports tha was given to him stating McDyess was cleared medically. Unfortunately, Layden was given poor information and his decision now does not look so bright. Hey, if McDyess doesn't turn out to be what was expected, his 13.5mm comes off the payroll after the season. Patience, right now is the smartest move for the Knicks. You just have to gutted out as a knicks fan and wait. In a way, Management has leaned towards a rebuilding process. The team is looking to get younger, taller and quicker and so far they're in the right track. The best thing to do now is unload the 5 to 6 contracts that comes off after the season which would lower the payroll...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
C. Ford reports, Mourning to Nets!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy