[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

O.T Mighty Mouse Chooses The Spurs
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/29/2008  5:55 PM
It can't happen until early Wednesday evening, when Damon Stoudamire clears waivers, but it now appears likely the Spurs will sign the 5-foot-10 point guard who on Monday finalized terms of a buyout of his contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Stoudamire had expressed interest in signing with both the Spurs and the Boston Celtics, but seems to have settled on San Antonio as his destination of choice.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who doubles as the team's vice-president of basketball operations, can't speak about Stoudamire until he clears waivers tomorrow night. He did, however, express a high degree of interest before Monday night's game against the Utah Jazz in whether or not Stoudamire had officially gotten out of his deal in Memphis.

The Spurs, in need of additional scoring, also are acutely aware of the frailty of their point guard situation because of the injury that has bothered Tony Parker for nearly two months. Parker's explosiveness has been limited because of a bone spur in his left heel.

Stoudamire averaged 7.3 points in 29 games with the Grizzlies this season, but shot only 39.7 percent, and 38.7 percent from 3-point range. He has been in the league since 1995 and has a career scoring average of 13.8.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/29/2008  6:08 PM
That's a little surprising. He would have gotten much more playing time in Boston and a clearer path to the Finals than going through the gauntlet in the West.

But the Spurs are the Spurs and if healthy they're as good as anybody, with the championship pedigree.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/29/2008  6:11 PM
That has got to be the dumbest thing this guy can do. Where will his minutes come from? Parker and Ginobili? Finley? Udoka? Barry?

Boston is the bovious choice. If not them, why the Spurs?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
playa2

1/29/2008  6:48 PM
Boston (coach rivers)has told Rondo it's his team to run and I can see a conflict if Damon who has never won anything started playing better with the BIG 3.

On the other hand if Sam Cassell came aboard with 2 championship rings on his finger he would get the nod in crunch time with rondo not being really upset.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

1/29/2008  8:37 PM
Good Riddance
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/29/2008  8:50 PM
Dude sucks these days. He wasn't gonna play anywhere he went.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
1/29/2008  10:02 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

That has got to be the dumbest thing this guy can do. Where will his minutes come from? Parker and Ginobili? Finley? Udoka? Barry?

Boston is the bovious choice. If not them, why the Spurs?

Why cause his time is running and the main thing for him these days is to get that RING!

He don't care if his Bu** is glued on the bench. He knows playing with parker and Duncan gives him the best chance at a championship..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
playa2

1/30/2008  7:46 AM
Boston won't even make it to the finals, KG is a loser and so is Pierce .
playa2

1/30/2008  1:20 PM
Popovich to sit Spurs star Tony Parker indefinitely to rest bone spur heel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvrEv7mCR9tWzYnVF158oYC8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-parker&prov=ap&type=lgns

This is why mighty mouse chose spurs over celtics
O.T Mighty Mouse Chooses The Spurs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy