[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crhis Paul - oh my God!!!
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/29/2008  12:10 AM
23 points, 17 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, and block in 117-93 wn over Nuggets!!!
Kobe, LaBron...? Are you kiddig me?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
Starks1994
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1766

1/29/2008  1:38 AM
yea, you don't here too much about Deron Williams these days. I guess CP3 settled that argument. He better make that All Star squad

http://starksraving.com/
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/29/2008  1:46 AM
Posted by Starks1994:

yea, you don't here too much about Deron Williams these days. I guess CP3 settled that argument. He better make that All Star squad

that argument has been settled, I mentioned this before, chris paul is a true PG. Deron williams is a SG in a PG's body, he plays the game of a SG if you ask me. He is a decent passer with decent vision, doesn't have great vision or passing skills, but deron can shoot and score.. chris Paul is just a floor general in every way...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/29/2008  2:06 AM
Posted by arkrud:

23 points, 17 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, and block in 117-93 wn over Nuggets!!!
Kobe, LaBron...? Are you kiddig me?

How many broken ankles did he leave behind man... we don't care about STATS!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
bitty41
Member: #1215

1/29/2008  8:39 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Starks1994:

that argument has been settled, I mentioned this before, chris paul is a true PG. Deron williams is a SG in a PG's body, he plays the game of a SG if you ask me. He is a decent passer with decent vision, doesn't have great vision or passing skills, but deron can shoot and score.. chris Paul is just a floor general in every way...

Wow I wish the Knicks had a "decent passer" who averaged almost 10 assists. Also the debate between whose better is now settled after 1 good half of basketball?

Fans kill me sometimes its like the flavor the month. How many players have been the "flavor of the month" and as soon as they fall off their pedestal then all the criticism begins again. Deron Williams is still a terrific player in his own right and probably better then about 95% of the point guards in this league right now. Yes Chris Paul's team is playing much better then Utah at the moment but considering they are both very young players I would say we have a long ways before settling "the debate"

In NO case it will be very interesting to see if they maintain this pace come the 2nd half the season and playoffs.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/29/2008  9:05 AM
here is the thing with the chris paul vs. deron williams debate- and that cp3 might be fragile- he just seems, to me, to be a bit slight of build.

Sure, AI is still charging away, but to me, if I were starting a franchise and had to pick one, I think its a toss up still.
bitty41

1/29/2008  9:13 AM
Deron Williams has missed only 4 games in his career.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/29/2008  9:17 AM
Laying on the hands by the Chosen One......

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/29/2008  9:18 AM
Yeah that's kind of silly- Chris Paul being an awesome PG doesn't somehow make Deron Williams an SG. Deron Williams is still a really good PG, Chris Paul is just better right now.
Starks1994
Member: #1766

1/29/2008  9:32 AM
fact of the matter is that the Knicks will never have a chance to see any of them on this team.

It's absurd that for nearly 20 years, the Knicks have been searching for a bona fide pass first smart PG, and this team was never able to get one. No disrespect to Charlie Ward and Derek Harper.

We should have got Terell Brandon years ago.
http://starksraving.com/
bitty41

1/29/2008  10:49 AM
I don't know Starks Harper and Ward certaintely weren't prolific but I think they did bring toughness and intelligence to our point guard position.
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/29/2008  5:31 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Yeah that's kind of silly- Chris Paul being an awesome PG doesn't somehow make Deron Williams an SG. Deron Williams is still a really good PG, Chris Paul is just better right now.

Yeah I'm with you and Bitty. Not sure why a good game by Paul somehow degrades Williams career. I'd take either one in a heartbeat to lead my team.
I just hope that people will like me
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/29/2008  6:15 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Starks1994:

The bolded is completely inaccurate. Paul may be the better player, but you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on these points.

[Edited by - supremecommander on 01-29-2008 6:15 PM]
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
tkf
2/4/2008  6:48 PM
Posted by bitty41:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Starks1994:

Wow I wish the Knicks had a "decent passer" who averaged almost 10 assists. Also the debate between whose better is now settled after 1 good half of basketball?

Fans kill me sometimes its like the flavor the month. How many players have been the "flavor of the month" and as soon as they fall off their pedestal then all the criticism begins again. Deron Williams is still a terrific player in his own right and probably better then about 95% of the point guards in this league right now. Yes Chris Paul's team is playing much better then Utah at the moment but considering they are both very young players I would say we have a long ways before settling "the debate"

In NO case it will be very interesting to see if they maintain this pace come the 2nd half the season and playoffs.

OH please, when did paul become the flavor of the month, that is just silly talk, the kid was a difference maker from day 1.. what are you talking about...
Deron Williams is still a terrific player in his own right and probably better then about 95% of the point guards in this league right now.

So what, and so is Gilbert arenas and many will argue that he is a SG playing the PG position....

[Edited by - tkf on 04-02-2008 6:48 PM]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
2/4/2008  6:49 PM
Posted by SupremeCommander:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Starks1994:

The bolded is completely inaccurate. Paul may be the better player, but you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on these points.

[Edited by - supremecommander on 01-29-2008 6:15 PM]

and how is it inaccurate? and WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY OFF? care to elaborate ?
bitty41

2/4/2008  8:51 PM
OH please, when did paul become the flavor of the month, that is just silly talk, the kid was a difference maker from day 1.. what are you talking about...

After winning rookie of the year the guy has been hurt a lot for a young player and his team was playing erratic ball for most of last season. Meaning that yes people acknowledge that he was a terrific player but he wasn't at the forefront.
So what, and so is Gilbert arenas and many will argue that he is a SG playing the PG position.

Uh what? What is the relevance of interjecting Gilbert Arenas whom DOES NOT PLAY THE SAME GAME AS DERON WILLIAMS. Sorry but your way off on this arguement and you have nothing factual to support it.
Crhis Paul - oh my God!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy