[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Al Jefferson 39pts 15reb vs Suns
Author Thread
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

1/24/2008  2:16 PM
He's actually Anal Raped them this yr with his play. Min is a terrible team but 2-1 vs the Suns. Here are his game logs against them this yr so far

35min 15-29 against them for 39pts, 15reb, 1ast, 2tls, 1TO 1-23-08
33min 11-20 against them for 27pts, 14reb, 3blks, 0TO 1-18-08
42min 13-26 against them for 32pts, 20reb, 2ast 4stls 1bk, 3TO 12-8-07

I remember last yr I along with Isles and a few other discussed how good of a player Al Jefferson would become in comparison to EY. There were plenty here who argued he wasn't that good. Many said Curry was/will be a better player than him. Well a few things I take from the boxscores.

#1 the guy can flat out score
#2 he rebounds his ass off
#3 he doesn't turn the ball over considering the number of shot attempts(this was one of the main apologies afforded Curry.. problems with turnovers, citing well he's double teamed all the time and turnovers would increase with FGA's).
#4 he's efficient without being a negative stat guy

Now we also have to consider he's doing this against one of the better bigs in the game Amare Stoudemire.

Now I know some may feel he's still a player putting up good stats on a bad team. He's a blackhole because he doesn't have good assist numbers. Once again he doesn't appear to be a negative stat player like Curry.

Al has shown he can do this on two different teams, although both being bad.

Do we feel the same when looking at players on our team such as Lee and Crawford? Aren't they two players who put up ok stats on a bad team? Would most here think Minny should make sure Al's untouchable?

Al's numbers on the yr.... 4th yr in league 20.8ppg, 12.1reb, 1.2ast 1.3blks

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 01-24-2008 1:29 PM]
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
AUTOADVERT
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/24/2008  2:19 PM
Now we also have to consider he's doing this against one of the better bigs in the game Amare Stoudemire.

Amare is not considered a good defensive player.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
1/24/2008  2:20 PM
local article courtesy of TrueHoop:

link
More than any game thus far this season, Jefferson played offense with a killer instinct. The raw numbers are pretty revealing: 39 points, 14 free throws, 8 offensive rebounds. Stoudemire was helpless. Or, better put, the Suns starting giving him a lot of help, with as many as two or three others collapsing on Jefferson when he received the rock, and it really didn't matter. If for some reason Jefferson didn't succeed at first, he got the ball back and tried again. The dude finished with 29 FGA (making 15) and 14 FTA (making 9) and it didn't feel like he was hogging the ball. That's when you know you are having fun.

A brief pause here, while I drop a fly in the punchbowl. Jefferson's utter lack of defense was nearly as monumental as his voracious offense. Stoudemire was 14 of 16 from the field and one of his two misses was a meaningless trey chucked with three seconds left in the game. He scored 33 points in the 29:40 that Jefferson was guarding him, which is why Jefferson finished the game with a team-worst minus -4. That doesn't change the fact that Jefferson was the dominant force in a Wolves' victory, because he most indisputably was. But it does neatly encapsulate the spectacularly half-assed season Jefferson is putting together. Okay, let's move on.
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  2:21 PM
Posted by kam77:

I totally agree with you but he does average 2.5blks/gm this yr. There's no reason Amare should allow this to happen to him 3gms considering.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2008  2:22 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:

He's actually Anal Raped them this yr with his play.

yo dude, something better than this? thanks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  2:23 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TrueBlue:

He's actually Anal Raped them this yr with his play.

yo dude, something better than this? thanks.

You mean say Bent Over instead?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/24/2008  2:27 PM
But still Isiah cries about it being a "Celtics" trade. Like he had or has anything on his roster that's close to Al Jefferson.

If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyk4ever
Member: #848
USA
1/24/2008  2:34 PM
Posted by kam77:

Cosign. While Amare is very athletic and can block alot shots from the weakside, alot of opposing PFs have put up big numbers against Amare and often.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
1/24/2008  2:36 PM
Posted by islesfan:

But still Isiah cries about it being a "Celtics" trade. Like he had or has anything on his roster that's close to Al Jefferson.

well, now he does - have you caught the recent al jefferson comparisons to our own zach randolph?
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  2:52 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by kam77:

Cosign. While Amare is very athletic and can block alot shots from the weakside, alot of opposing PFs have put up big numbers against Amare and often.

I wouldn't give up our tornado hit farm for Amare either. He's a good player but I see some things I just don't like in his game.
nyk4ever
USA
1/24/2008  3:00 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by kam77:

I wouldn't give up our tornado hit farm for Amare either. He's a good player but I see some things I just don't like in his game.

Yeah, same here. I don't like his attitude.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/24/2008  3:36 PM
I will take amare any day of the week... and I would take him over Jefferson... There are two bigs that I would take over amare. One is duncan, the other is Howard.. and Barely....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyk4ever
USA
1/24/2008  3:43 PM
Posted by tkf:

I will take amare any day of the week... and I would take him over Jefferson... There are two bigs that I would take over amare. One is duncan, the other is Howard.. and Barely....

Amare is a very good offensive player but his defense leaves a TON to be desired and so does his attitude. I don't know, just rubs me the wrong way.
martin
USA
1/24/2008  3:52 PM
Posted by tkf:

Yao?
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  3:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

Yao?

Agree

In the short term I'd take Camby before I'd take Amare. Oh and let's not forget K.G.!

Ooops forgot and a healthy Brand who was in the MVP running two yrs ago.

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 01-24-2008 2:58 PM]
martin
USA
1/24/2008  4:04 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

Yao?

Agree

In the short term I'd take Camby before I'd take Amare. Oh and let's not forget K.G.!

Camby? dude, what you smokin.
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  4:10 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

Yao?

Agree

Camby? dude, what you smokin.

I said short term martin.

Like right now if I had a team with great pieces except the center/pf spot and I had to choose between Camby and Martin Amare to win a chip this yr I'm picking Camby.

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 01-24-2008 3:12 PM]
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/24/2008  4:13 PM
Camby is everything Amare isn't defensively and you could say the same thing Vice-Versa. Imagine we could have had BOTH of them. A C and PF tandem for 10 years we traded in one night for a guy coming off MF surgery who had predicated his whole game on athleticism. I don't know what was worse, the Marbury trade or the McDyess one.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
TrueBlue

1/24/2008  4:16 PM
Posted by kam77:

Camby is everything Amare isn't defensively and you could say the same thing Vice-Versa. Imagine we could have had BOTH of them. A C and PF tandem for 10 years we traded in one night for a guy coming off MF surgery who had predicated his whole game on athleticism. I don't know what was worse, the Marbury trade or the McDyess one.

Amare is a healthy Mcdyess version 2.0, Camby is an Athletic Dekembe Motumbo version 2.0.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/24/2008  4:19 PM
Al Jefferson is clearly a stud and the indications were there last season. He was the Jermaine O'Neal situation where there was a young high school kid who couldn't put it all together right away, but now that he's at an age where you'd expect him to put it all together, he has.

To add another name: I'd take 'Sheed over Amare if I was the Suns. He's better and has championship experience. I know he's older, but so is Nash. The Pistons could use Amare to stick with the Pistons' young, awesome bench that is the future of that team. I guess short term: Rasheed Wallace, long term: Amare.
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
OT: Al Jefferson 39pts 15reb vs Suns

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy