[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

O.T Where are they Now ?:Chris "birdman" Andersen
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/24/2008  9:47 AM
Chris "birdman" Andersen apparently has been seen at New orleans home games as his suspension ends on the Jan 28th and he is all ready to make an NBA comeback, they said "he has his paperwork all set and he hopes to be playing this season."

He violated the NBA's Anti-Drug policy. That is in every single player's contract. Chris's contract is null and void, but I do think New Orleans has the first shot at signing him.

I beleive he still wants to play with new orleans, i'm not sure if they will want him or not.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
playa2

1/24/2008  9:56 AM
The knicks can use some one like him when his mind is in the right place.

A more athletic version of chris dudley with nice shotblocking ability who doesn't need the ball to be effective and if we had a spot could be signed on the cheap.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2008  10:18 AM
The dude was a decent player and by now I think he would have been a guy in somebodies rotation if not New Orleans.

10 day contract? The Knicks don't have a roster spot. Great.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Starks1994
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #1766

1/24/2008  10:22 AM
If we get the Birdman, the celebrity of David Lee will slowly fade away. Not that its a big deal or anything.
http://starksraving.com/
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
1/24/2008  10:23 AM
He violated the NBA drug policy twice.

I'll be surprised if we ever see him in the league again.
playa2

1/24/2008  4:27 PM
Wait until the 28th, he will be somebody's gift on the cheap.

If he violates the drug policy they can drop him like it's hot.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/24/2008  4:29 PM
Don't the Lakers need a big man.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
K22
Member: #1182
USA
1/24/2008  5:38 PM
Posted by kam77:

Don't the Lakers need a big man.

Of course not, they got the juggernaut, Kwame Brown, manning the middle.
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2008  5:39 PM
he can re apply- the league doesn't have to take hime back.

would love to gave him, but would he make us a 14 win team? we have bigger problems. unless, he could get zach and curry to light up and get thrown out of the league. hmmm.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/24/2008  6:20 PM
Birdman has the energy but at times he used to look lost out on the court. He certainly doesn't make us a better team. He could fit in on a running team somewhere that can use a big guy flying around...
playa2

1/24/2008  7:33 PM
When you do drugs of course you will look lost on the floor.

The one player use to drink at the half times of games.
oohah
Member: #887
1/25/2008  2:59 AM
Posted by playa2:

It's true, drugs will cut your career short and make you seem confused while playing. Just ask Robert Parish and Cliff Robinson.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
BigC
Member: #829
1/25/2008  6:09 AM
We don't know what type of condition Chris is in. He was out of the league for a long time. Who knows what his game is like.

Also what drug was he on?
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
playa2

1/25/2008  6:55 AM
Posted by oohah:
Posted by playa2:

It's true, drugs will cut your career short and make you seem confused while playing. Just ask Robert Parish and Cliff Robinson.

oohah

By the way Chris Anderson did METH

Micheal Ray Richardson
Vin Baker
Derrick Coleman
EddieGriffin
Steve Francis
Keon Clark
Chris Washburn
David Thompson
RoyTarpley
Len Bias
John Lucas etc...

kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/25/2008  11:55 AM
http://www.indycornrows.com/story/2008/1/24/213142/845

By Cornrows
Posted on Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 12:11:21 AM EDT

David Harrison appeared on local radio today with Eddie White and Bob Kravitz. As I've mentioned before, David Harrison is a thoughtful dude who runs his daily life by the Socratic method. So many questions, so little time. In this interview, David attempts to tackle some deep issues surrounding drug decriminalization and his responsibilities as an adult making decisions. His train of thought was a bit off the track at times, but quite compelling at the same time. He's publicly admitted in the past that he regularly sees a therapist, so keep in mind that the complete David Harrison package is complex to say the least.

In a nutshell, he's sorry he broke the NBA rules and put his team in a bind. He doesn't agree with the NBA's drug rule or any drug testing for that matter. He realizes he may have ruined his career (DH is a free agent at the end of the year) and also realizes what he needs to do to play in the league.

When asked if he was concerned about his future, David went into prime form.
I made a mistake and if that mistake costs me my career, then that's where we need to look. Look at what I did and look at what I lost. You know what I'm saying. Does marijuana, is it that bad? That's the question I really want people to ask themselves sometimes.

Following rules blindly, doesn't mean you're right just by following those rules. There needs to be a just rule. I mean, a long time ago George Washington sat around, didn't want to pay taxes to the crown. There's other things going on, but the rudimentary part of our American revolution was we didn't want to pay taxes. And we broke that rule and we have America today. You know, if we would've lost that war, George Washington would be Benedict Arnold.

You know, it's whoever wins, you get the praise. Nicotine won, the tobacco industry won. That's the thing, they wouldn't want marijuana to be legal. It causes less cancer and actually, I've read studies where in cities with very bad air polution like in Indiana, it helps protect you from lung cancer.

I'm not sure, but I think DH just blamed his suspension on Big Tobacco. This is just a snippet and there's plenty more where this came from, so listen to the whole interview (linked below). DH has no problem spittin' the truth as he sees it, so while we won't see him in any Nike commercials, at least his words are entertaining.

I appreciate a man on a righteous crusade, although at this time in Pacer history, taking up the cause for legal bud is the last thing the franchise needs. Hopefully, David Harrison can take care of his business and find work in the NBA. He has talent and maybe if his head remained clear he could consistently tap into it. I can't imagine this episode costing him his playing career. It will certainly cost him money, but if he really wants it, he will find a team willing to give him a chance. Oh, by the way, Harrison put up a DNP-CD in Milwaukee Thursday night.

http://media.1070thefan.com/podcasts/080125_harrison.mp3

[Edited by - kam77 on 01-25-2008 11:58 AM]
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
oohah
Member: #887
1/25/2008  12:46 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by oohah:
Posted by playa2:

oohah

By the way Chris Anderson did METH

Micheal Ray Richardson
Vin Baker
Derrick Coleman
EddieGriffin
Steve Francis
Keon Clark
Chris Washburn
David Thompson
RoyTarpley
Len Bias
John Lucas etc...

Don't forget Bill Walton, Larry Nance, and Bernard King!

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/25/2008  5:00 PM
Come on, what pot head forgets how to play basketball. I would sign him for the rest of the year.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/25/2008  8:40 PM

I wouldn't mind signing him....just sayin', he'd really fit right in here if you think about it.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/25/2008  9:59 PM
He's 6'10...... how much could it hurt????
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/25/2008  10:21 PM
All drugs should be legal, people should not be protected from themselves and billions of dollars should not go to waste. As a matter of fact, billions of dollars should be made in taxes off of drug sales.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
O.T Where are they Now ?:Chris "birdman" Andersen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy