[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible $3.8M Exception...
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/3/2001  7:12 PM
According to bskball.com, new york could apply for a $3.8M medical exception if LJ is forced to retire. If this happens, what can we do with the money? With Toronto offering Keon Clark along with Yogi Stewart(also according to bskball.com), new york could offer players such as Othella Harrington and Travis Knight along with the exception for these two. Toronto is said to not be offering Clark a contract extension and he will become a free-agent next summer unless someone(noteably the Knicks) can snatch him up before then. I've said this once and i'll say it again...Keon and Marcus together, DAMN!
AUTOADVERT
john44
Member: #115
USA
10/3/2001  7:36 PM
That would be a great trade for the players the Knicks would have to give up, but clark cant score and he is the same as camby. We need a big body with some muscle and that can possibly score and draw a double team. Michael Stewart is a good defender, but i dont thini he would play much. But if we could get clark for harington and the cash i guess i would do it. then next year it would free up some money to sign a free agent.

[Edited by - john44 on 10/03/2001 19:39:22]
Matt
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/3/2001  9:52 PM
I think we can do better than Clark and Yogi. Clark is too much like Camby I agree, in that he is not a banger.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/4/2001  3:43 AM
Actually we might not need a banger and Clark could be a perfect fit for Camby. One of the many articles that have been been published the last few days mentioned that Camby might be the new prototype of centers because of the rule changes. Agile, fast with a small jumper. I am wondering though how these new rules will be implemented by the referees, I can't wait untill the season begins.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/4/2001  9:29 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Actually we might not need a banger and Clark could be a perfect fit for Camby. One of the many articles that have been been published the last few days mentioned that Camby might be the new prototype of centers because of the rule changes. Agile, fast with a small jumper. I am wondering though how these new rules will be implemented by the referees, I can't wait untill the season begins.

I'm kind of curious why Keon Clark is not sticking with a team. Bad attitude? He has size, athletic ability, is young. Seems like Denver and Toronto have not been very high on him. He may be a Camby clone, but there must be a big downsize for Toronto to be shopping him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
10/4/2001  9:49 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I'm kind of curious why Keon Clark is not sticking with a team. Bad attitude? He has size, athletic ability, is young. Seems like Denver and Toronto have not been very high on him. He may be a Camby clone, but there must be a big downsize for Toronto to be shopping him.
Maybe Toronto is shopping him because Lenny Wilkens is a moron?? just a possibility. lol
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/4/2001  9:50 AM
Actually Klark might be liked by the Raptors and he definitely has some upsides but remeber Toronto is one of the few teams with a logjam at the center spot. Quite a luxury seeing the rest of the NBA and rightfully so Toronto is trying to unload an unwanted player, Yogi, who doesn't have much trading appeal but coupled with one of their excessive centers they could get something quite tasty in retrun. I fell they would be making a mistake letting Klark go but I'm all for it if he could come here. They'd rather unload just Montross and Yogi but what would they get in return?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/4/2001  6:15 PM
Clark is young and very athletic just like Camby and though it will take him awhile to develop he'll be a good one just like Camby is finally becoming. The fact is these long, skinny, versatile big men are the centers of the future and the new rules will only help them.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/5/2001  10:10 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

Clark is young and very athletic just like Camby and though it will take him awhile to develop he'll be a good one just like Camby is finally becoming. The fact is these long, skinny, versatile big men are the centers of the future and the new rules will only help them.

I agree. The Knicks don't therefore neccesarily need a banger, just another big guy who can be productive in 15-20 minutes. I think Clark would be great. I remember him doing some nice things in the first round of the playoffs. And if he's a "Camby clone" then I say go get him!
We suck.
Possible $3.8M Exception...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy