Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/3/2001  5:56 PM
two rumors up on hoopsworld

the good

The New York Knicks have again renewed talks with the Golden State Warriors trying to land Adonal Foyle in exchange for Charlie Ward, both players are under achievers, but with the Warriors need for a backup point guard, and the Knicks need for size, both teams have been talking. Both players have 3 years remaining on their contracts, and the dollar amounts are close with Ward being owed roughly $18 million, and Foyle being owed $13 million...
Happy Happy Joy Joy

the bad

The Knicks have also be after the Jazz regarding Greg Ostertag, there is no doubt the Jazz would like to move "Tag" and the $23 million still owed him, but they do not want to give him away, meaning they would like something of value in return. The Knicks have been offering Charlie Ward and luggage to make a deal, but Ward's deal contains a trade kicker, which makes a 3rd team necessary or at least a 3rd team with a trade exception. It appears the Knicks will continue their quest for size well into the season. The Knicks may apply for an injury exception for Larry Johnson should he indeed retire due to medical problems with his back, if granted the Knicks may have $3.8 million to play with, making them very attractive to the Jazz, who are being cautious with regards to the pending luxury tax assessed at the end of the season...

Am I reading this right? The Jazz wants us to sweeten the deal for that dumb@ss?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/3/2001  6:17 PM
Though i'm not a big fan of Ostertag's, i think trading Ward for him is a good move as long as it stops there. I would prefer Foyle or Dampier, but most reports are saying these rumors are false and the Ostertag one is the only one we need to worry about. Also, Bskball.com is suggesting Toronto may be willing to trade Keon Clark along with Michael "Yogi" Stewart in a deal and i would be willing to make an offer. We have already discussed this before, but could you imagine Camby and Clark on the court at the same time? Talk about exciting!
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
10/3/2001  9:58 PM
If I was Layden my priority would be to get either Dampier or Foyle. I've never been a fan of Ostertag.
The Good and the Bad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy